• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am impressed. Even if he is on a river with a current, etc, the boat is still running mid 60's easily. I had no idea they were that fast. Let me know your results when you get yours.

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am impressed. Even if he is on a river with a current, etc, the boat is still running mid 60's easily. I had no idea they were that fast. Let me know your results when you get yours.
And half the price of a new Scarab, glasstron, or chaparral.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hmm... might be accurate, but he might want to get that thing calibrated...

i struggle with how all the reputable articles (Boat Test, Boating Mag, etc...) show a top speed for a stock SE at around 53-55mph.

Like i said before though, i love these boats, whether it does 55 or 70, i would buy it either way...

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hmm... might be accurate, but he might want to get that thing calibrated...

i struggle with how all the reputable articles (Boat Test, Boating Mag, etc...) show a top speed for a stock SE at around 53-55mph.

Like i said before though, i love these boats, whether it does 55 or 70, i would buy it either way...
@Ron and Renee will tell us on Saturday :)

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yup! I would love to here the results too! I tried buying a SeeDoo but couldn't find one at the time, I should have waited..

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful, and again, stellar deal. Make sure it is 430hp though, not all SE's were.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How fast is yours

Huh I was expecting well over 60 closer to 70. I've seen some video of stock boats doing 70
The boats running 60+ are probably the 500hp boats. I believe very few 210's were sold with the 500hp option. As it was a considerable price jump.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase @Ron and Renee ! She is beautiful.

There is a boat out there (RARE) that I would give my Scarab up for, and its a Seadoo. The 210SP. One day Ill find one. :(

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This boat is registered here in QC and I think this is the one that was for sale last fall.

She was on my wow list but I chose not to change my tow vehicule and stick with 19'

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a 180SP for sale locally @ScarabMike . Not that I think you'd want it, it's just interesting. I'd never seen a 180SP before. Did the 210 come with 215's or 255's?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek Id go 210 or even better 230, but they came with the twin 255's. You want to get the 2012's though. They have the digital throttles like the Scarabs.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did the 11's not have the electronic throttles? I know the 12's did ;) One of my favorite features of my boat.

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just wanted to thank DieselCamel for the heads up on the S boat. Thanks brother you saved me time and money!!

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Well thanks everyone for the good words and info! I guess I should change my profile and get on the sea doo forum take care and be safe out there

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ron and Renee You mean the SeaDoo section? No need to leave man, we are non brand specific here. As song as you have a jet pump, you are one of us!

Lets get back on topic guys. This thread is a useful tool for future Scarab owners.

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Ron and Renee You mean the SeaDoo section? No need to leave man, we are non brand specific here. As song as you have a jet pump, you are one of us!

Lets get back on topic guys. This thread is a useful tool for future Scarab owners.
Ok thanks wasn't sure if there were rules like other forums.