• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You know that Scarab is just an extension of SeaDoo. Not sure why SeaDoo stopped making boats in 2012. I was really disappointed. But, here we are.

S.peay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well lol I would love to buy it! If I could sell my speedster lol.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Back in February we ordered a 2016 195 hoi with premium sound , premium trailer with brakes , alloy wheels and bow cockpit covers . We just took delivery today ! To my pleasant surprise there was a boat show special extended manufacturer warranty . 5 year bow to stern .
Jet ahead disc- 4,000
Boat show disc 1,500

Total price was 43,995

Adrian Anaya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Any more prices on 2016 195 HO Impulses? Would greatly appreciate any info as I am in the market. Best price I have seen is 39,995.

Not sure about boat haggling with dealers. Any recent experiences?

Thanks

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Any more prices on 2016 195 HO Impulses? Would greatly appreciate any info as I am in the market. Best price I have seen is 39,995.

Not sure about boat haggling with dealers. Any recent experiences?

Thanks
You have seen 39,995 price at a dealer or are you referring to the base msrp ? If that's a dealer price and has options you want , I'd say buy it now ! Lol. As far as haggling we didn't , since the boat already had decent discounts . However I negotiated on some accessories . I was able to get a marine starter kit for free (389.00 value ) , which included extinguisher , flares , dock lines , ancor , fenders , four vests , SOS flag and a dock hook . Also I purchased the trailer cover at 30% off .

Good luck on your search for a new boat !

Adrian Anaya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You have seen 39,995 price at a dealer or are you referring to the base msrp ? If that's a dealer price and has options you want , I'd say buy it now ! Lol. As far as haggling we didn't , since the boat already had decent discounts . However I negotiated on some accessories . I was able to get a marine starter kit for free (389.00 value ) , which included extinguisher , flares , dock lines , ancor , fenders , four vests , SOS flag and a dock hook . Also I purchased the trailer cover at 30% off .

Good luck on your search for a new boat !

Upon closer look the msrp is 45K and 39K is with a rebate. Thanks for the input!

Alex L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Picked up a 2014 Scarab 195 Impulse with 56 hrs on it this past week for 26K. No major issues, besides a few scuffs from docking.

Alex

Adrian Anaya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That sounds like a great deal. There's not a lot, if not no, used scarabs in my area. Well at least not through the usual craigslist and boat trader searches. Have fun with the boat. I'm jealous!

Alex L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah, this was the only one I found on CL actually. Traveled over 3 hours to get her. The guys was asking 28,500 which was still reasonable, and the cheapest Ive seen a used one for sale. The next cheapest I saw online from a dealer was 31K.

captainmike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Bought a 2016 195 HO Impulse
MSRP $51K
Sale Price $41K with trailer before tax and registration
Purchases in April 2016

AUstin VOigt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just picked up a new 2014 195 after stalking this site for weeks.
$23,000 with factory warranty and trailer. Plenty of opportunity for modifications. GREATLY appreciate those who have shared advice and their experiences.

Jcottone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello all, new to the site. I'm about a week away from purchasing my new 2014 scarab 215 HO. Already have a deposit on the boat, they are prepping it for delivery and I'm finalizing the loan today with teachers federal credit myself, dealer wanted a crazy interest rate.

Want to know if you guys think I got a good deal. It's a brand new leftover, 0 hours.

2014 Scarab 215 HO Blue, twin 200hp engines, with wake tower and Bimini top, the cruise control and dock mode controls with scarab gatorHyde trailer with swing away tongue.

After several days of back and forth negotiation. I got them down to 36,500 sale price. 40k out the door with tax (ny sucks) and registrations for both boat and trailer.

What do you think?

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'd say that's a great buy! I was working on something similar in January - it was a 2014 hold over 215 with twin 200's and they wanted 42k... I passed. I think your price is good though.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum ! Where are you located ?

Jcottone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Long island ny. Just finalized all the paperwork today.. taking delivery next wednesday.