• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

When do you start getting excited for the upcoming season??

- Purchase new bow/stern snap-on covers. The snap-on covers that came with the boat are a bit stiff/worn/faded and the last couple of snaps are really hard to get aligned - especially when you get older and your hands hurt all of the time. Trying to get a canvas place lined up for this may be the biggest hurdle - people don’t seem to return phone calls anymore.

@WiskyDan ..... have your canvas shop install the rear snaps for your cockpit cover with the bungee-type connectors that allow the canvas to shrink and swell (on a daily basis) and save your fingers. :cool:

The four connectors on the stern of my current cover are bungee. Is this what you’re referring to or some of the side snaps as well?

I got to go out one day In December when it hit 71, and will be going out (overnight) on Saturday. The season should be wide open here in a few weeks.
Usually mid Feb I start getting super excited.

Last edited:
Picked up our Boat 3wks ago. Headed out tomorrow for first time. 70's in SC this week. Cant wait for Summer!!

The four connectors on the stern of my current cover are bungee. Is this what you’re referring to or some of the side snaps as well?
@Wisky..... I did mean the stern canvass bungee-type attachments. For coskpit cover tightness/difficulty of using side snaps - I use the center pole of the cockpit cover to control the tightness on the side snaps as in less height and therefore less tension created by the pole = looser canvass = easier to do side snaps. :cool:

I’m still holding out for a few more snowboard trips, then usually mid April I’m starting to think about bringing the boat home and getting it ready.

First 70 degree day I usually get pretty excited - so tomorrow. Will wait until April before I remove the shrinkwrap and put the mooring cover on.

@Wisky..... I did mean the stern canvass bungee-type attachments. For coskpit cover tightness/difficulty of using side snaps - I use the center pole of the cockpit cover to control the tightness on the side snaps as in less height and therefore less tension created by the pole = looser canvass = easier to do side snaps. :cool:

I don’t even put the poles in......... :-/

It's Spring now. It won't be long. After seeing this arial pic. of the Lake taken yesterday. Good stretch of weather coming next week. Going to the boatyard tomorrow to take off the Winter cover. The pictures are of the New York side on top and the Vermont side on the bottom. Not much ice seen until Malletts Bay and the outer bay and the Inland sea to the North.

This is the middle section of a 120mi. long lake

20210320_095554.jpg

Last edited:
Woohoo halfway to full pool! We will be on the water in 2-3 weeks if all goes well. ?

172C73C3-0DC9-4A81-8238-97772FB2E891.jpeg

Woohoo halfway to full pool! We will be on the water in 2-3 weeks if all goes well. ?

View attachment 144778
SO envious. Our lake still f@#$ing frozen ?

Oh well. We did some driveway boating today.
I Rejex'ed the hull and my helper 303'ed everything else. 1616378206624.png

Although... she was drinking on the job :D
1616378485168.png

--

I’m in KY here...it’s been sunny and in the mid to upper 60s this weekend. I’ve told everyone when it’s 72 and sunny, I’m taking it out. Should be in the next 2-3 weeks. Hopeful!

SO envious. Our lake still f@#$ing frozen ?

Oh well. We did some driveway boating today.
I Rejex'ed the hull and my helper 303'ed everything else. View attachment 144884

Although... she was drinking on the job :D
View attachment 144886

--

Yea I couldn’t handle that cold white stuff!! No way!!! At least with y’all cleaning it then she will be ready to go. I cleaned and waxed mine when I tucked her away last November. Need to try that Rejex sometime as I’ve read good things on it.

I was worried last Wednesday when we had a big storm system come through though. I think last count I read was 21 tornadoes in our state last Wednesday. I’ll gladly take the rain though as it will speed up the filling process lol. My insurance layup doesn’t stop until May but I’m going to get out before then. Hard to resist some much needed R&R on the boat with all this craziness going on in the world!

When the Ice goes out in the pool.

20210321_161905.jpg

And Shelburne bay.

20210321_123834.jpg

Should be by the end of the week with the weather you'll be having ?

Definetly, if not today. It still gets down to freezing temps at night, good for sap collection. A southern wind will push that ice out and the fact that 70+° is expected for thursday, 60's daytime until then, it won't last long. It is pretty amazing that two years ago we and half of the city were walking out to the breakwater off Burlington. It was a little earlier in the month on March 9th, but still.

20190309_131631.jpg
20190309_131819.jpg

It was in the 60's here yesterday and I rolled out the new floaty mat on the lawn and laid on it............ :)

Shit‘s about to get real........ :)

I pull the boat out of storage Monday morning and my April boat tour begins:

4/5 - 4/9: Drop off at canvas place in Neenah for new bow/stern snap-on covers
4//12 - 4/17: Drop off at audio shop in Port Washington for new speakers and amp (three pair of JL 6.5’s, a pair of JL 7.7’s, and an 8 channel JL amp)
4/19 - 4/24: Back to the Yamaha dealer in Oshkosh to get it run up for the season - oil/plugs, new batteries installed, new Garmin 73sv installed.
4/26 - 4/30: Drop off at my dry-stack marina in Oshkosh where the trim tabs will be installed by their service guys.

5/1: Boat goes into the stack and hopefully on the water by the middle of the month if Mother Nature cooperates.

At some point during April I want to bring it home to install the SeaDek that I purchased during the group buy at the end of last season. We pulled the carpet and carpet snaps and filled the holes with 3M 5200 sealant before it went into winter storage so this should go smoothly.

What is going to complicate things is that I‘m traveling the entire month of April for work - most weeks Monday thru Friday. This is the main reason that I rarely do any of the work to my boat on my own - I just don’t have the time.

Hopefully I’ll have a bit of sanity, and a few bucks left in savings, when this is all said and done. :)

Picked her up this morning and dropped off at the canvas place. Is it unusual to hug your boat after not seeing it for 5 months? :)

E358F097-465C-4888-B9F6-BC56831AF521.jpeg

94996738-A978-44C1-B150-8B0FFEAEB278.jpeg

Last edited:
Back