• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where do you draw the line? <shoes & pets>

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cheetos is a good one
Some have said “anything that ends in Os” is off limits.

Cheetos, Doritos, Oreos etc

we’ve started getting the kids those individual serving cups of Pringle’s, and make them sit on the swim deck for lunch. The cups take up more space in the trash, but it helps with keeping wet hands out of the chip bag. And, Pringle crumbs will disintegrate into almost nothing and can easily be splashed off the deck. We are also a big fan of pretzels as boat snacks now. They don’t turn to mush quite so fast. We also go through fruit snacks like crazy.

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No Doritos, Cheetos, red wine, kids with snot, shoes or pets. And no fishin on this boat. Sun screen goes on when your're on the rear deck away from the seats and hopefully downwind. Shoes come off on the dock before boarding. A little OCD when it comes to the new ride. Like a previous post said I am the one cleaning it at the end of day.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ll preface this by saying anyone that knows me knows I keep my things in tip top shape. My pickup has 95,000 miles and you can almost eat off the floor most days, I keep the boat in similar condition. It might be that the FSH models have a bit more “utility” built in, but I allow soft shoes/flip flops as there is not carpet or SeaDek to worry with. I’ve made the ruling on glass beer bottles, they’re a no go. Not just because of the caps, but they take up too much room in the trash. Aluminum can be crushed down. No food restrictions, again the upholstery is pretty stout and just about everything washes off (protected with 303 helps). I’ll agree with @Dean P , I bought this boat to relax and enjoy, I won’t let it stress me out to have friends come with. As Tyler Durden said “The things you own, end up owning you.”

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll probably have to be a little bit lenient on some stuff. For example, shoes. We will be using our boat periodically for fishing in the spring, and maybe fall, which means if it's typical April/May weather, I might not want to be in flip flops. I'll *request* no bottles, but probably won't be a hard no, mostly because some of my favorite drinks taste best out of bottles...lol. Cheetos and doritos...well, I dunno, it might again be a request situation. It's great being able to see where ya'll are at with this stuff, I appreciate all the input!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
LOL, I have to laugh. When I was younger, I was anal about everything. I wanted it to "last forever" and the only way to do that was to have rules upon rules to make my life easier. Now I'm much older and I don't sweat the small stuff (or medium stuff - big stuff different story). Do I like a spotless boat, hell ya'. But, if it means I make everyone miserable, not anymore. I find I make more of a mess than anybody else and I laugh at myself for it.

Just about anything can be cleaned of fixed (typically without breaking the bank). My advise is don't go overboard (pun intended) and have fun. The times with loved ones or friends is too short. I love boating, my boat and everyone I take out on it (including my wife :)).

Oh, thanks for reminding me, going out this weekend with some friends and I've got to clean the damn boat!!! :winkingthumbsup"
^^ this. There's a meme about keeping possessions nice for the next guy, and how it relates to not doing blank with your wife for the same reason.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have very few rules as boating is about having fun. The one major rule I have is no drinking and driving. Other then that I don't worry about the rest of it. Besides I don't mind cleaning the boat by myself with good music playing in the background.[flag]4129AA6F-1787-4648-9F18-EF4B275EC13A.jpeg

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When we first got our boat I was like that down to not putting the boat in certain lakes because the water was "too dirty for a white hulled boat"... absolutely no pets or shoes... after a few years I have loosened up a lot.

The only major rule I have is no nacho cheese flavored anything!!!! U will find cheesy figure prints everywhere for months..

As far as the pets.. we caved a little,
Ok.. a lot!

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll *request* no bottles, but probably won't be a hard no, mostly because some of my favorite drinks taste best out of bottles...lol.
I let bottles on for the same reason. But I have a hard and fast rule on the caps. Garbage only, and they don't go in soft sided coolers. Nothing kills a soft sider like bottle caps.

As for spray sunscreen, it's not the slippery mess that is an issue, it is the all out fact, that over spray will cause discoloration. As it protects the seat from fade and cause spots. Nobody wants uneven fade!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
When we first got our boat I was like that down to not putting the boat in certain lakes because the water was "too dirty for a white hulled boat"... absolutely no pets or shoes... after a few years I have loosened up a lot.

The only major rule I have is no nacho cheese flavored anything!!!! U will find cheesy figure prints everywhere for months..

As far as the pets.. we caved a little,
Ok.. a lot!
I totally understand. With my first few boat dogs and food were never allowed, kids...maybe. Boy, have things change!

1582301658187.png 1582301701783.png

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
All your dogs!?! That's a lot of poo to shovel! Those dogs are living a good life!
Yeah, they're all mine (and my wife). They're all rescued. We help people who fall on hard times and can't keep them. Right now, we have 8; 5 Boxers, 1 Bernese Mountain Dog, and 2 pugs (pugs are my son's and we have them for 6 months). We take them all for walks and out on the boat to the sandbars. LOL, Funny as all get out to see us. Gotta laugh cause no wants to see us cry...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow... that's alot of puppies butts!
LOL, I own stock in a plastic bag manufacturing plant! Plus, I hose "it" in too; just to make sure I got it all. :winkingthumbsup"

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're uniform ain't dirty, you're not in the game! I have one hard and fast rule...nothing on the deck that I'm gonna sprain an ankle on or trip over. We have a dog, and wet-slip all summer...it's gonna get bumps and bruises and get dirty.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For us it’s always no shoes on the boat!! I don’t allow people to wear shoes standing on my couch at home so I definitely don’t allow it for the boat and nice vinyl.

We’ve taken our dog out once on the boat last year when he was 4-5 months old. He did ok but not great. He eventually settled down but not sure I’d want him on my boat now since he’s much bigger, heavier and more wild lol. Depends on your dog. We used towels on the seats. I was worried about paw prints and dents in the gatorstep/seadek and him ripping my vinyl but everything was ok.