• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the rumored new model from Yamaha?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was tired and thinking Yamaha... Googled their factory and looked at boat profiles and something struck me. There are some bigger boats than the rest - hard to tell what boats you are looking at from above - and there seems to be a few that all have a similar more pointed nose that are a big longer than the rest.
See picture for by their boat ramp.Yamaha factory.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you look up the address it's cool. 2000 Cobia Dr, Vonore, TN 37885
You can see the forms from boat hulls in red, you can see different boats in the grass to the north.
I see Sea Ray and Mastercraft both have factories there too. Cool!
Maybe they are just borrowing boats from both of them for research?
My wife says I'll get arrested for snooping, lol

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They all know you are looking from above, the boats are all decoys.o_O;)

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am thinking 240 FSH

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I read in ww2 the alLies had entire inflatable armies they could place in a field so the Germans could see them as they flew over. Tanks, trucks, supplies..

Maybe Yamaha is doing that for Google. What may look like a 28 foot cruiser style Yamaha is really just a blow up toy..... We need a blow up toy expert. ..... Someone call @veedubtek! !

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I read in ww2 the alLies had entire inflatable armies they could place in a field so the Germans could see them as they flew over. Tanks, trucks, supplies..

Maybe Yamaha is doing that for Google. What may look like a 28 foot cruiser style Yamaha is really just a blow up toy..... We need a blow up toy expert. ..... Someone call @veedubtek! !
That's pretty cool about ww2, wierd about him being an "expert"... notasking

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am thinking 240 FSH
Except bow is pointed not like the trapezoid of current 240 models.
On their property i count atleast 3 like this that are longer with pointed nose.
The nose is more 230 series. Would they keep a few around?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I dont know, I was just kidding. But I knew the Brits used decoys from the History channel. But as I look closer on my shitty tablet, in the group of 3 together, the one on the right appears bent. But I see trailer tongues too. They are definetly covered. The one that is in tow looks a little disproportionate, beam to LOA. Again IDK.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Need to get down there with a drone, lol.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So can you date when this area was mapped? If it was 4-5 years ago.... doesn't help much.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used the measurement tool on Google maps and it appears that the longest of the three that are grouped is about 23ft long.

Ryan Cassidy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I toured the MC boat company and took a drive through Yamaha and SeaRay while there. What I thought was most interesting on my drive through was how organized Yamaha was compared to SeaRay. The other thing that struck me, is how many non manufacture boats were at both of those companies lots and or old shells or old boats sitting around. SeaRay was the worst. Yamaha had a crap ton of inventory sitting around which was unique.

Either way though... take a trip down there... there is NOTHING withing 50 miles. lol, but the factory tours are cool and depending on the time of year, it can be a fun drive. not too far from other attractions too!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

The Allied fake army near Dover even included General Patton. Ike forced him to go there to add to the illusion... which worked. Hitler was convinced that Normandy landings were a feint, even as allied troops hut the beaches. More background: http://www.americainwwii.com/articles/pattons-ghost-army/

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe Hitler said something to the effect of... The allies will not attack without the best general... As a result the multiple panzer divisions that were behind the lines were shifted to block Patton and were not in play during the Normandy invasion... They even created all normal paperwork that would be associated with the fake army and transmitted it like normal incase the Germans had broken their codes... Complete commitment!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol talking about getting off topic.. . From new model yamahas to wwii strategies...
LOL!

I just had a mental image of thousands of Yamaha jetboats, led by Admiral @Betik , streaming across the English channel, with 5 or 6 fully loaded Marines on board each, ready to hit the Normany beaches!

/hijack

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
LOL!

I just had a mental image of thousands of Yamaha jetboats, led by Admiral @Betik , streaming across the English channel, with 5 or 6 fully loaded Marines on board each, ready to hit the Normany beaches!

/hijack
My boat already has a Marine on it. You only need one.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Except bow is pointed not like the trapezoid of current 240 models.
On their property i count atleast 3 like this that are longer with pointed nose.
The nose is more 230 series. Would they keep a few around?
FSH has more of a pointed nose. The one in the picture looks like a bigger version of my 210 FSH.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
LOL!

/hijack
In one battle an enemy force came upon a hill that had a single Marine standing at the top at parade rest. Perplexed, the enemy commander sent a 4 man fireteam to investigate. As the fireteam approached, the Marine did an about face, walked over the crest of the hill, and was followed by the enemy fireteam. A short time later the Marine appears back on top of the hill at parade rest. The enemy fireteam was no where to be found.

Annoyed, the enemy commander sent a 36 man platoon to investigate. Once gain, the enemy force disappeared with the Marine, once gain, standing on the hill at parade rest. The enemy commander repeated the process again with a 100 man company and then a 400 man battalion. Outraged, the enemy commander marched his entire division on the hill.

While approaching the hill, the enemy commander came upon one of his wounded soldiers. The enemy commander asked what happened, to which his soldier replied:

"Stop! It's a trick! There are two of them ..."

:)

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last august when the new 21 fsh's were announced , my yami dealer told me dont be suprized if you see a jet boat with an enclosed cabin next year (which would be aug 2018). So maybe some truth to the google maps?