• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 109647
View attachment 109648
View attachment 109649

I just pushed past 10,000 miles again on my second Yamaha Apex. For those that are not of the sledding type, most two stroke sleds require a top end rebuild between 3500-5000 miles. My Yamaha four strokes are rocks and we have been blessed with amazing conditions so far this season!

Over 350 miles on for the season so far. Shooting for at least 2000.
got REAL close to getting into sledding. Apex was what I was looking at.... motor comes from the same lineage as FZ1 i had. MR1 too i believe. Hard to break.

lack of snow around here killed that..... So i just gear up and ride the bike lol

something still in the back of my mind though

cool pics.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@biffdotorg Love it! We just got back from da UP and it was a bit dicey with the weather but made the best out of it and got in about 400 miles.
Was getting thin after the rain on Sunday but the white gold fell overnight into Tuesday!

2020 Sleddin.jpg2020 Sleddin 2.jpg2020 Sleddin 3.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful machines!! Glad to see Da UP is surviving the rains. We are headed that way with the kids in a month.

Our guys group has been going for years, and this will be the first year we will be exposing the kids to it. I cannot wait!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a bit of slush on the lakes here in North Central MN. With all the snow we have gotten, it has had an insulating factor on the ice.

Yes, there is good ice under there, but with nearly a foot of water/slush, it can be a bit spooky not knowing how far you will sink in. Needless to say, not as many folks driving their $60K trucks on this ice right now.

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are a bit rambunctious.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@biffdotorg
Love that laugh LMAO!!!🤣

That 2nd to last guy pulling up the rear was eating shit pretty bad with that wet slush! Oh man!!😯🤣

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a tendency to laugh hard when we are rippin it. This new camera has 6 microphones in it, and it picks up everything.

What I don't know is if they are separate tracks. As I choose the framing of the shot in post production, and then it pics which microphone track to add to the video. If you notice, I am facing forward on my sled for the most part. I didn't actually have my head turned to see that massive spray till It was nearly done. But the camera gets it all.

More to come of our non-boating season!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sometimes, you just love to see open fields of untracked snow! Enjoy it!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, GoPro Max.

I'm struggling with what format I should render the videos in. As I want to share it with the kids in our group on Instagram, so Portrait makes sense, but then want to post it on forums and my YouTube Channel. So 16:9 at 1080p makes sense. But there is no happy medium other than the square format above.

That cam shoots in 5K 360, so I can render it into just about anything. It obviously is generating some heat, as I only burned one battery on Sunday. Amazing piece of hardware.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Because its -6!
Heading to warmer weather in northern Wis soon. Hoping to snowmobile if there is more snow. In Anchorage now.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 109647
View attachment 109648
View attachment 109649

I just pushed past 10,000 miles again on my second Yamaha Apex. For those that are not of the sledding type, most two stroke sleds require a top end rebuild between 3500-5000 miles. My Yamaha four strokes are rocks and we have been blessed with amazing conditions so far this season!

Over 350 miles on for the season so far. Shooting for at least 2000.
What mapping do you use for your GPS? I use maps from VVMapping. I've been pretty happy with them.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What mapping do you use for your GPS? I use maps from VVMapping. I've been pretty happy with them.
VV Mapping works really well. I have been using Redpine Mapping, as the owners are part of my sled group on Facebook.

Here is a clip of a treat I got a few weeks ago. And yes, this is a Yamaha Triple installed in this Arctic Cat.

As you will hear in my helmet, the giggles were endless. This machine is sneaky fast! You don’t hear the power come on, she just lifts the skis at any speed

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
VV Mapping works really well. I have been using Redpine Mapping, as the owners are part of my sled group on Facebook.

Looks fun. Thanks for the info. I ride a Yamaha Venture GT. Its an old mans sled but a lot of fun. I'm hoping to hit the Wis trails next week.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I gave my Apex XTX to a buddy to ride for the day. He has a bad elbow. I told him, Power Steering will blow your mind. And after 78 miles, he said it was like driving a couch. A very, very fast couch!

Honestly, after putting on the 1.6" Ice Cobra track, and Apex Mountain skis, there is very little that will stop my trail tank. The video above shows it sitting next to me. But the 360 video distorts just how long that 144" is. My next clip may have to be the trail tank following a new 154" SkiDoo Freeride through 4ft of powder. It was amazing to see.

I would love to see Yamaha put that 998 Turbo engine in watercraft. But they have gotten known for the bulletproof 1.8ltr engine in the boats. Turbo triples are probably not well suited for watercraft. There are too many things that could go wrong in that application. It sure was a blast on the trails.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I many times forget that I am capturing those behind me as well! At least until I hear their can up beside me!