• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

mattbaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went out twice this year, but that count could have increased by +8 only if my friends would have agreed to the plan. Cancelling at the last moment is their art!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep! We can all mourn together...
Screenshot_20191028-223635_WeatherBug.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bilmon, how much snow did you get up there!! We barely got enough to see that is snowed in the grass down here.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
@Bilmon, how much snow did you get up there!! We barely got enough to see that is snowed in the grass down here.
I'm guessing about 3 inches but it shouldn't last long, more coming tomorrow night and Thursday though

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had a little less than that this morning but we were close. Everything was blanketed. It was gone by noon.

Based on the temperature forecast (cold) and the amount forecast for tomorrow night, I'm guessing we're going to have snow on the ground for a little while after Thursday.

Once we're snow-covered, I curtail all climbing on the roof for fear of a frightening painful death or dis-figuration. This means the "upper" Christmas lights may not go up this year. It would only be the 3rd year in 21 years living in the house that I don't light up the upper roof-line.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
15-17 degrees this morning in the Fargo-Moorhead area. Ice is forming, and swamps are freezing. Time to back the snowmobiles off the trailer and start prepping them for the first monster snowfall.

Just because the trails don't open till December 1st, doesn't mean there are not forest roads and ditches with my name on them! Small amounts of snow on the ground for the ND/MN state holiday of deer season to open up this weekend. Nobody is thinking about boating at this point in time.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The boating season came and went so quickly, it was only a couple of weeks ago that we were out. It was a fun season for us. But it is November in Vermont. Woke up to this today. They say "play like a dog", but it is a little early for that. First snow. Start tapping trees in a few weeks.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
15-17 degrees this morning in the Fargo-Moorhead area. Ice is forming, and swamps are freezing. Time to back the snowmobiles off the trailer and start prepping them for the first monster snowfall.

Just because the trails don't open till December 1st, doesn't mean there are not forest roads and ditches with my name on them! Small amounts of snow on the ground for the ND/MN state holiday of deer season to open up this weekend. Nobody is thinking about boating at this point in time.
At least you guys get fun winter hobbies. Here is just gets cold and awful, sure we can drive three hours to the mountains to go tubing/skiing, but otherwise its just 5 months of misery waiting for it be warm again, lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
At least you guys get fun winter hobbies. Here is just gets cold and awful, sure we can drive three hours to the mountains to go tubing/skiing, but otherwise its just 5 months of misery waiting for it be warm again, lol.
I'm originally from RI. I know exactly what you mean. Don't miss it one bit...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, the temps dropped below 10 degrees, and is supposed to drop below the doughnut this weekend. That's ice making weather. I have my garage heat on for the winter, so she sits at 50 degrees. But tonight we will fire it up to 65 or so, and get the big boy wrenches out. Time to have the buddies over and do projects that will help us renew our mancard.

Fabricate GPS mounts for sleds, patch a tire on buddies truck, and install a chainsaw mount on the Wildcat. Torches, impact wrenches and grinders oh my! Good thing the beer fridge is stocked. (that's about as redneck as I can get. I don't have much in me)

We may even need to put some meat on the Traeger to make the trifecta of beer, power tools and smoked meat.

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, the temps dropped below 10 degrees, and is supposed to drop below the doughnut this weekend. That's ice making weather.
Well, I was lake home shopping with my realtor friend yesterday. And it was single digits for temp, and blowing 20mph. A bit brisk in my book, even for Swatski's wetsuit!!

I had to get some info from the end of the dock. Depth and bottom type. Needless to say, my ice auger stirred it up too much to see, but I was happy with the 3ft of water. Which means my dock and lift will work great there!

I'm also happy to report 2.5" of ice on the lake means we are not far from sled season and hard water for fishing!! I saw my first Ice House on a lake on Sunday. That was damn crazy in my book. But after seeing 2.5" of ice, I get it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had snow reports that our sled trails were fully covered with packed snow. The deer hunters had been running the trails with pickups, so a good base is already for this week's snow storms. We hope to see one tomorrow and another Friday.

So since Deer season is over in our region, and sled season doesn't officially start till 12-1, that left us this weekend for trail riding via SXS. So we packed up the machines, a cooler, chainsaw and went in search of Wolves. We found plenty of tracks!

Locals reported 7" of ice on the lakes, but some warm weather may have cut that back to 5". More than I expected. Good times and warm temps. Right around 37 degrees all day with lots of sunshine!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg