• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Soccer all weekend until November. My 4 and 6 year old play. I coach the 6 year Olds team.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are in full-on Tweener Season here in MN. Since we have a forecast for a BLIZZARD this Thursday-Friday, I pulled docks/lifts Saturday and went on a color run on Sunday. (and yes, I did clean out the beer fridge at the lake)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are in full-on Tweener Season here in MN. Since we have a forecast for a BLIZZARD this Thursday-Friday, I pulled docks/lifts Saturday and went on a color run on Sunday. (and yes, I did clean out the beer fridge at the lake)

View attachment 106609
View attachment 106610
View attachment 106611
View attachment 106612
View attachment 106613
You have to find a way to enjoy the seasons otherwise it's just 7 months of misery. Looks like you're doing it right. There's a blizzard in my forecast too.
Screenshot_20191007-090337_Chrome-01.jpeg
I shall eat it in solidarity for you. 😋

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Band practice and cutting firewood. Looks like my season ended back in August, can't wait to move south.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As I preach to my Southern friends every Fall and my sledding buddies in the spring, We appreciate the things that are taken away from us much more than those that can have it any day of the year.

Montra of the Minnesotan: No matter the season, abuse it to it's fullest, as it may be gone tomorrow. (and back the day after)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont miss any of my past northern activities, weather, population, traffic, etc...
After almost 4 years here in Eastern NC i am living a vacation every day. I live in a beautiful area and live within 45 minutes to some amazing beaches and waterways.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Tucked away for the season and snow expected on Saturday... we might get 3 good months in MN.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ll be tucking old girl away in a couple weeks. The Starved Rock to Peoria run is in danger from high river levels and 48 degree highs. With confidence I can say this first early end to boating season will be my last, we are putting the house on the market in March and heading to southeast TN. From there the season is at least several weeks longer on the front and back, plus year round boating is a long weekend away in FL. I’d like to be sad about it, but this is my 40th miserable winter here. Born and raised in northern IL, never cared much for it.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
"Working".......
1066541570550255163.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a few projects that we've put off due to having fun with the boat this year. This past weekend, we did NOT pick up the boat to force us to work on one of them - full-size bunk beds so that we can get some floor space in our small vacation place. Here's the stack, all measured, cut, and sanded, ready for assembly and finishing. Didn't have my pancake compressor or the right size nails to start assembly, but that should go pretty quickly this coming weekend - looking like rain/snow showers, so no boating for one more weekend. Oddly enough, it looks like pretty nice boating weather the weekend after next! Welcome to Wisconsin weather 🤪

Oh yeah, I gotta do the trim for that blue room. Just got it finished and painted the weekend before last...two houses, two sets of to-do lists, far more projects...honey, we HAVE to buy a boat, or else I'll drink myself silly! Joke's on her, I'll still drink myself silly! For @Betik there's my F150 through the window - soon to be my son's F150. Old enough to work on easily, and old enough to have things just break because...it's old! LOL

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So unless there is some sort of miracle warm weather in October (AND we get over the cold bugs going through the house) this will be the one-and-done season.
Weekend of the 18th-20th is forecast to be mid-50's! At the very least, I'll be running it out of fuel to winterize with fresh treated fuel. I'll swing by to pick you up! 😜

*edit* how did I get thrown back in time on this thread, and how did I not realize the date this was posted? Oddly, the post and the reply still don't need to be changed, even a year later! LMAO

Last edited:

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
TRYING TO FIND A FREAKING BOAT....I know not much of an excuse, but damn looking used, refuse to pay dealer markups, and tired of looking at others POS's....thought we "found" her last week and after driving 1.5 hrs the boat was so "hurt" by dock rash and an owner that apparently didn't give a crap about it was quite sad.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weekend of the 18th-20th is forecast to be mid-50's! At the very least, I'll be running it out of fuel to winterize with fresh treated fuel. I'll swing by to pick you up! 😜

*edit* how did I get thrown back in time on this thread, and how did I not realize the date this was posted? Oddly, the post and the reply still don't need to be changed, even a year later! LMAO
The situation isn't that much different - other than the fact that Katie decided to go to UW Madison this year because Kentucky was too far away for her liking. (How many ways can a Dad say "I told you so" without ACTUALLY saying it? I've lost count.)

As tempted as I may be to take you up on that, weekends are booked pretty solid now. Trips to In-Laws and Out-Laws and Yardwork are dominating my calendar.

I'm always thinking "If we can just get through this stretch/project/thing, we should have some quiet weekends after that." It seems like the only quiet weekends I get are when I'm knocked flat on my rear by a nasty cold. Then after that it's all catch-up.

Thoughts of a "For Sale" sign on that thing have been coming more frequently lately. At least I could drive a convertible to work and take twisty back-roads on my way home in the evening. More and more it's starting to feel like I'm dragging an elephant around.

I think the main barrier to selling right now is that the only thing I hate more than the Purchase process for big-ticket items is the Sale process.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We went boating last week! Dumped a bunch of Seafoam in the tank and went out for a 20 minute cruise in choppy water to make sure it was well mixed and in the fuel lines.

This Sunday we will go boating again! Drop her in, idle the engines just long enough to warm thing up and then change the oil.

And thus ends our 2019 boating season. But fear not, there is always next year!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a few projects that we've put off due to having fun with the boat this year. This past weekend, we did NOT pick up the boat to force us to work on one of them - full-size bunk beds so that we can get some floor space in our small vacation place. Here's the stack, all measured, cut, and sanded, ready for assembly and finishing.
ONE bottom bunk finished. It's a PITA having such a small place. Move everything over here to access what you need, then move it all over there to give you room to work, then move it all over to that place to...lather, rinse, repeat. It's a start, and the only reason we didn't get the upper done is that it was 60, and what is likely the last time we're gonna take the boat out, so we took a nice long putt-putt ride, brought it in, winterized it, and put the transport cover on it for winter. Here's the end result of all that wood all chopped up, and why I'm (likely) not boating any more this year :(

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ONE bottom bunk finished. It's a PITA having such a small place. Move everything over here to access what you need, then move it all over there to give you room to work, then move it all over to that place to...lather, rinse, repeat. It's a start, and the only reason we didn't get the upper done is that it was 60, and what is likely the last time we're gonna take the boat out, so we took a nice long putt-putt ride, brought it in, winterized it, and put the transport cover on it for winter. Here's the end result of all that wood all chopped up, and why I'm (likely) not boating any more this year :(

View attachment 107316

View attachment 107317
Nice work on the bed!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm not boating because I live in an awful climate. Put her to bed for the winter yesterday, now I wait 6 months.107458

Last edited: