• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang, here’s why not out there. My view lol...
4E8C2906-9279-4B90-8798-81069DC8F14D.jpeg
A little stay-cation at the local Hospital.🤙🏽

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The water is becoming stiffer by the week. Just means we're finally able to make some headway on all the projects we weren't doing while we were enjoying the boat :D

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD @swatski @Scuba_ref Mahalo nui for the get well wishes, just got Cellulitis in my leg. Nothing major but had to get IV antibiotics, should be out of here tomorrow. So yeah mahalo nui again.🤙🏽
So glad to hear it isn't anything more serious...get well quickly brother!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Best wishes Rueben, I hope you recover wikiwiki.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is my "Why"! Making the transition to the winter toys...2020 BCXRS after.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my "Why"! Making the transition to the winter toys...View attachment 108479

Love the new Renegade BC XRS! Smokin machine! You and drewkaree may get shelled before the holiday this week. This storm is stacking up to nail Wisconsin, and you may see it as far south as you are at too!

PRAY FOR SNOW!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Christmas parade is this weekend in Fremont, I guess it'd be nice to have snow... Guess I've gotta change the transaxle fluid a bit sooner than I wanted to, like TODAY!

Amazon just alerted me that the snow mower cab I ordered has been delivered... Wondering if this year will be one to push me over the edge to a 30" machine

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love the new Renegade BC XRS! Smokin machine! You and drewkaree may get shelled before the holiday this week. This storm is stacking up to nail Wisconsin, and you may see it as far south as you are at too!

PRAY FOR SNOW!!!
@biffdotorg It's so sexy in person, Ski Doo nailed it with this one. New gauge is super nice too. Hopefully it rides as nice and fun as everyone says. Wife transitioned into the Rene XRS in the background, doing way more back country riding now. She's coming off a 16 blizzard, and she loves the renegade. 🤞 it's gonna be a great year!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn sexy! I'm loving the G4 chassis. I'm excited to ride my buddies new MXZ-X 850. We just did a nice 6" Garmin install this fall. I think it turned out great and he still has full access to his extended glovebox. The 6" is a little less obnoxious than the 7" we installed on another MXZ-X

GPS MXZ-X.jpg

Latest now coverage maps are in from last nights blizzard. But I am seeing a crazy forecast for this coming weekend. We are going to kick this season off right!!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@biffdotorg what Garmin and mount is that, I've been looking for the full cradle? I've got the 6" drive 60 and VV Mapping with a ram ball mount. I wanted the flexibility to tip it while boondocking or straighten it out on the trail. 15748746129378410473527885165627.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have been doing GPS mounts on sleds for our group for quite a few years. The key on a Doo, is to take whatever cradle RAM makes for your GPS and just pull the RAM ball off. That gives you the bare "diamond" shape mount with two screw holes on it. Then just drill into the Glove Box Extension.

The Doo branded glove box extension was designed for a GPS to be mounted, but these cradles for the Nuvi's may need a shim of some sort for the bigger Nuvi's. Then just screw it on with plenty of washer or back plate so the screws do not pull through. Run your power through to the Doo DC port installed in the glove box.

Search on Amazon, or Walmart, or Ebay for "Garmin Drive 60 RAM" and the bare cradle will pop up in your search for like $15 shipped.

Amazon.com: UNPKD RAM EZ-ROLL'R GARMIN NUVI 2689LMT: GPSCheap

This one is the roller ball, so it hold really well. You can still put the ball behind it so you can adjust. But honestly, the angle of the extension is nearly perfect.

Or use the one you have if the ball is just screwed on. I like to leave one cradle on my a ball so that I can move it from Sled, to BIke to SXS. But if I do a custom install like this, I will spend the extra $15 and leave it on the sled.

Check out the Nuvi 7" on the G3 MXZ-X with Glove Box Extension! I think you can play Xbox on that screen!!!

Good luck!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We have been doing GPS mounts on sleds for our group for quite a few years. The key on a Doo, is to take whatever cradle RAM makes for your GPS and just pull the RAM ball off. That gives you the bare "diamond" shape mount with two screw holes on it. Then just drill into the Glove Box Extension.

The Doo branded glove box extension was designed for a GPS to be mounted, but these cradles for the Nuvi's may need a shim of some sort for the bigger Nuvi's. Then just screw it on with plenty of washer or back plate so the screws do not pull through. Run your power through to the Doo DC port installed in the glove box.

Search on Amazon, or Walmart, or Ebay for "Garmin Drive 60 RAM" and the bare cradle will pop up in your search for like $15 shipped.

This one is the roller ball, so it hold really well. You can still put the ball behind it so you can adjust. But honestly, the angle of the extension is nearly perfect.

Or use the one you have if the ball is just screwed on. I like to leave one cradle on my a ball so that I can move it from Sled, to BIke to SXS. But if I do a custom install like this, I will spend the extra $15 and leave it on the sled.

Check out the Nuvi 7" on the G3 MXZ-X with Glove Box Extension! I think you can play Xbox on that screen!!!

View attachment 108518

Good luck!
Looks like it was meant to be there. Nice job!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 108518

Good luck!
@biffdotorg We've been doing the same on our sleds, we got lost out boondocking several years ago, as a snowstorm came in and took us about 8 hours to find some sort of marker to get in the right direction, couldn't see a thing and your tracks were covered instantly. Ever since then, NEVER AGAIN without a GPS. I've talked with RAM and they do not make a cradle for that GPS unfortunately, they referred me to their "X- grip mount"...no thanks! I'm solid with my mount, just thought you had the same GPS and somehow found a cradle.

That 7" is large, good news is you and the guy behind you can see it, maybe stream some movies?!?!🤪

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg We've been doing the same on our sleds, we got lost out boondocking several years ago, as a snowstorm came in and took us about 8 hours to find some sort of marker to get in the right direction, couldn't see a thing and your tracks were covered instantly. Ever since then, NEVER AGAIN without a GPS. I've talked with RAM and they do not make a cradle for that GPS unfortunately, they referred me to their "X- grip mount"...no thanks! I'm solid with my mount, just thought you had the same GPS and somehow found a cradle.

That 7" is large, good news is you and the guy behind you can see it, maybe stream some movies?!?!🤪
The link I sent before works, but tight. Read the amazon reviews. Others had better luck with this model

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A032EC39-E80A-42DE-B3CB-C7F8BA2933E3.jpeg
2A61E294-C100-4B72-AFAC-4BDD82CCE61C.jpeg
3C4EA76F-5BAC-4384-BDEE-5D61F1C77B16.jpeg

I just pushed past 10,000 miles again on my second Yamaha Apex. For those that are not of the sledding type, most two stroke sleds require a top end rebuild between 3500-5000 miles. My Yamaha four strokes are rocks and we have been blessed with amazing conditions so far this season!

Over 350 miles on for the season so far. Shooting for at least 2000.