• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First year we had our boat it was just my wife, myself and friends boating most weekends (put 50 hours on the first year). We had our first child April last year and took the boat out one time when grandma and grandpa where in town (put total of 2.5 hours on it). Needless to say, I'm itching to get back on the lake this summer. Just need to decide what my first mod is going to be this year... probably ridesteady…..

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First year we had our boat it was just my wife, myself and friends boating most weekends (put 50 hours on the first year). We had our first child April last year and took the boat out one time when grandma and grandpa where in town (put total of 2.5 hours on it). Needless to say, I'm itching to get back on the lake this summer. Just need to decide what my first mod is going to be this year... probably ridesteady…..
I can relate, our 2017 season was cut short following the birth of my 3rd... and it was still a chore dealing with a less than 1 year old on the boat this last season. By August my wife was just done trying. We're hopeful he'll let us have a little more fun this season.

The ridesteady is definitely worth it! You may be aware already, but if purchased this month forum members can save an extra $50.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/hydrophase-ridesteady-gps-speed-control-jetboaters-net-member-discount-jan-2018.16183/
They've also added a new always on feature. If activated in the settings it will keep your twin engines in sync without having to power on the system. I'm going to be paying to upgrade mine.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They've also added a new always on feature. If activated in the settings it will keep your twin engines in sync without having to power on the system. I'm going to be paying to upgrade mine.
Is there any word on the cost of the upgrade yet?
I will definitely be doing this after my boat comes out of storage in April.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
B4A2E76D-F7D2-4F68-9386-3817B2000E3D.jpegThis is just redonculous. Just hoping the furnace stays on and the pipes don’t burst.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just shy of 70 degrees out, was thinking about taking it for a quick shakedown run after my repairs.

Nope, not ready yet. LOL

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just shy of 70 degrees out, was thinking about taking it for a quick shakedown run after my repairs.

Nope, not ready yet. LOL
Does Keel Shield have a ice breaker model?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was more curious how thick a piece of ice it would take to jam an impeller

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FB_IMG_1549432140623.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can it please be April now...?
tenor.gif

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wasn't boating, but It did feel like I was riding a waverunner on the lakes as deep as the powder was! 450 miles in 4 days on my "other" yamaha.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wasn't boating, but It did feel like I was riding a waverunner on the lakes as deep as the powder was! 450 miles in 4 days on my "other" yamaha.
450 in 4 days on a sled is no joke...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was amazing for sure, and that was in MN. We average 90-110 miles per day, but had 4 good days in a row. In the UP of Michigan, we can average 150-200 mile days. This is the best winter we have had in 10 years. Friday and Monday were bluebird skies! All ride videos are on www.biff.org

And before anyone poo poo's that statement, we just appreciate our boating season more when it has been taken away from us. But I am betting that we won't be boating anytime soon. As another snow storm is due to hit again tomorrow.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was amazing for sure, and that was in MN. We average 90-110 miles per day, but had 4 good days in a row. In the UP of Michigan, we can average 150-200 mile days. This is the best winter we have had in 10 years. Friday and Monday were bluebird skies! All ride videos are on www.biff.org

And before anyone poo poo's that statement, we just appreciate our boating season more when it has been taken away from us. But I am betting that we won't be boating anytime soon. As another snow storm is due to hit again tomorrow.

Its hitting us currently, expected 5 to 9 inches where we hardly ever get snow.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

I went to college in the UP, it's crazy how many more miles you can get on a sled in the UP than Minnesota or Wisconsin. Wider, straighter trails with fewer towns to slow you down can really increase your mileage. If you get up early enough, you can get 100 miles before stopping for lunch.

As for me, our lake is frozen and will be until...I'm going to say April, because saying May sucks. Typically the lakes are thawed by the end of April in Northern Wisconsin, but a couple of years back, the ice finally cleared a week or two before Memorial Day.