• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why search when the answer is right here?

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Being lazy. I need a new boat cover. And instead of the old lady wasting money on s*#t I neither need nor want for Christmas, I will tell her to get me a boat cover. I suppose it will have to be original, since they fit so well, unless there is an aftermarket one that is substantially the same. 2008 SX230. Where is the cheapest place to get a replacement? Wow it took all of 60 seconds to type this. Thanks, Guys and Gals.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased my new cover from partspak a GA watersports company this fall, it was backordered for 2 months which was fine with me because Yamaha changed manufacturers.

The new cover is from Outer Armor, not sure what the fabric is but seems thicker, snap buckles are twice as large and the pocket that the ratchets are in at the back it much better quality.

I would have ordered from sportsplaza but didn't want to take a chance on getting an old style.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those of you with this cover... On your 2007-2009 xx-230 how easy/possible is it too put on the boat from dock? I have a generic cover that the previous owner have to me and it loosely fits.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OCMD don’t have the part number on hand, but as a prior owner of the 2008 sX230 two-piece cover (one smaller piece for the bow and separate larger piece for the stern) which attaches to the boat with snaps. Man I miss this vs the heavy single piece mooring cover I now use on my 2013 242LS.

If you are covering your boat from a lift, seriously consider the two-piece cover with snaps. Contorting my body and gracefully exiting the lift after the cover is attached is a pain in the arse.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think I have an old partially shredded shipping cover laying around I’ll
loan you, lol.

Of all the covers out there, from custom to OEM, the OEM fits, works, and is easiest to use. I’m taking about the mooring and trailering cover, not the two piece snap on cover. You will have to keep water and snow from building up in it ornit will stretchnitnsnd ruin it. They can leak if they hold any water. But dollar for dollar, the OEM is the best bang for the buck. And if Yamaha has changed vendors and you get a higher grade of fabric than the Surelin, that’s even better. I would say too, that putting the cover on in a slip was entirely doable for me, with my ‘08 cover with ratchets on either side at the stern, as well as
My ‘12 with that cover having ratchets on the back below the swim deck. So changing them won’t matter that much.

For trailering, pad the windshield so it doesn’t rub the cover. Better yet, get a canvas shop to pad that area of the cover all the way across. Also pad where the anti pooling support poles rest on it. Then you will be set!

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And who sells the original covers? (I do not need or want a mooring cover plus I have no snaps.) I just want to replace my original cover, the one that rests on the poles, with a newer one and I can't seem to find a vendor for the original cover....

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's the one...holy crap 600 bucks...I may make do with the one I have. Thank you for the link, @Scottintexas

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$556 in @DavisAR195 post above at Yamahasportsplaza.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is for an 09 but it looks different from the one I have which utilizes anti pooling poles but thanks, @zipper

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same p/n on both links.
20181128_174857.jpg 20181128_175031.jpg
Unless of course that new #18 makes it a different newer optioned cover. One charcoal and one grey. But you are right I don't see poles in the picture.

Last edited: