• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wife’s New Ride

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75s Wife got a new ride this weekend!!

2019 Can-Am Commander DPS 800R

75F37919-49DF-46C8-960E-E79D4765CCBA.jpeg

Going to need a bigger.... trailer. Lol!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here’s the rest of the fleet, minus the 6 yr old’s 50cc Polaris Outlaw.

‘05 Honda Rincon 650
‘16 Honda Recon 250

E8874E8B-6D6B-45E8-B29B-DC4570C8FFA8.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody have a recommendation for decent but not expensive trailers? I think I need a deck over trailer with full 102” width x 20’ length. Standard width on a utility trailer seems to be about 6’10”, and that’s not enough. :)

I don’t want or need super heavy duty, all I’m hauling is atv/utv. Not hauling tractors or probably even cars, nothing super heavy.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quality trailer/Kaufman trailer. Are the same company I have the 20’ tilt from Quality with the steal deck, works great.
BiF694561E-92C0-44B9-894C-58F25846D5B4.pngg Tex might make something you like. They’re both OK trailers I own both kinds and they’re fine.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have a recommendation for decent but not expensive trailers? I think I need a deck over trailer with full 102” width x 20’ length. Standard width on a utility trailer seems to be about 6’10”, and that’s not enough. :)

I don’t want or need super heavy duty, all I’m hauling is atv/utv. Not hauling tractors or probably even cars, nothing super heavy.
I've used a few featherlite trailers. Super nice pieces, but they're pricey. Lighter than steel in the same "car hauler" configuration. Never owned one though.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 How do you get the 4-wheels on there sideways? Drive over the rail? Man-Handle them in place once driven on? Epic back flip trick that lands you on trailer sideways without ramps?

I see people running up/down the road with them that way all the time, and I always wonder how they get them on there like that.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 How do you get the 4-wheels on there sideways? Drive over the rail? Man-Handle them in place once driven on? Epic back flip trick that lands you on trailer sideways without ramps?

I see people running up/down the road with them that way all the time, and I always wonder how they get them on there like that.
Man handle. The 250 is easy. The 650 is a major pain in the butt! It’s only got 1” clearance, so you have to get it on the ramp and shimmy. The other is short enough, I just drive up to get close then pull it around. I had the ramps on the side and was ready to ride over it... then my son says, “cool - I want to see dad get hurt”. So, I altered the plan. Lol

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use to load them sideways with ramps. Drive to the top of the ramps give the throttle a quick hit and grab the front brake to get the quads front wheels on a few feet in and then just drive the back tires on.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is about the best pricing I’ve found for the type of trailer I’m looking for. $3,825

Anyone in Nashville area have any thoughts about these trailers? I’m 6 hours from there. Looks like they do deliver, for a fee. @Betik do you ever run from Nashville to St Louis?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I try to stick with routes that start or end in Texas because otherwise it ends up being too expensive. To put in perspective Dallas, Nashville, STL, Dallas is $852. And I am very positive that Nashville to STL delivery will be much much cheaper than that. If you were to find a something in Texas, then I should be able to help, but for Nashville, just make the run yourself on a Saturday morning. If you leave at 6 am, you are back home for dinner. If I were you, I would make it a trip with the kids. Leave the kids and wife here for a couple of hours Nashville > Parks and Recreation > Parthenon go fetch the trailer and then head back home

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@BigAbe75 check this place

its up here in Pecatonica, Illinois about 4 hours to your north. If this trailer is something you plan to keep I’d buy an aluminum car hauler trailer. It’ll last forever, and depending on your towing distance you’ll save a bunch towing Less weight. My folks bought a car trailer here it was almost 1000# lighter than their previous steel one.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The bonus of a car trailer is there are no side rails, ramps up on the edge and pull them right on.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All you need is a hinged drop side rail that also acts like a ramp toward the front of the trailer wide enough for both the smaller ones to drive on and off then the remaining is fixed for strength, 2 go sideways in the front and the new one rides up the back ramp like always.