• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Window Tinting For 2021 212SE

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Looking to tint the windows on my new 212SE for aesthetics only. With my color scheme, I think it would really look good. I see posts about limo, 15, 5, etc. I don't know what all that means as far as legalities.
I still want to see out the windshield, maybe like privacy glass. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
If you still want to see out your windshield then do 50%. It give a nice tinted/smoked look but not blacked out. It takes the glare off and you can still see perfectly through it.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I've been back and forth on tint - looks so tight on a boat when it's at the sandbar. But running miles back to the boat landing at dusk or after dark with a chill in the air, glad I don't have a tint for sure.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you still want to see out your windshield then do 50%. It give a nice tinted/smoked look but not blacked out. It takes the glare off and you can still see perfectly through it.
Thank you!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So basically the percentage equates to visibility, not the amount of tint? I didn't know that.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So basically the percentage equates to visibility, not the amount of tint? I didn't know that.
Yes, It is measured in %VLT (Visible light transmission)

20210223_120211.jpg