• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wish Me Luck!

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well hell! Never mind!! I guess instead of Good Luck, its CONGRATS!! And I'm jealous!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That won't do a bit of good @Gym . The post has a sliding foot that move fore/aft, and two bolts that tighten that slide to secure it. There is no internal post to bolt through to stop or reduce movement. You could however, drill through the entire slide and tongue, and lock it down, but that wouldn't help if you again needed to move it slightly due to new roller, new bunks, or other reasons. Here is a pic. I am so used to editing with text and pointing out on a photo...and on the iMac, I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I downloaded iStudio for a trial and I guess I am dumb, I can't figure out how to edit shapes or size to the page. Let alone figure out how to add the text boxes to indicate what I want to show. Ugh. So, in the picture, you see the two bolts down at the bottom of the post slide, that the jack is mounted to, those are the bolts that hold the bow stop post where it is set to. That whole thing slides along the tongue to position it. It rocks backward when you power load and backward when you tug against it. There is a small amount of room between those bolts and the bottom of the tongue frame. It needs a shim in my mind. A couple of ferrule sleeves that cover the bolt and take up the excess slop, or some kind of shim block between the bolts and the bottom of the frame. Hope this makes sense.
2014-05-06 07.09.17.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Howdy Stacey...and thanks! Yes, I couldn't stand not having a boat. So there she is, awaiting christening and naming...need to have that party!

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Have you started a name thread yet?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Stacey in SC , no, but I have had some conversation above in this thread regarding it I think. I first thought "Blue Yonder", but Clara wasn't so fond of it. She also didn't want to stick with the Nauti Dawg theme. I like the play on words and the Blue Yonder kind of just applies to me, but also the blue boat. Think I ought to start a name thread to help with ideas? Might be helpful!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I finished the LED guide post lights. I painted the square tubing support to match the trailer, as well as the bottom channel support. I drilled the square tubing inside the frame rail, and installed the light cable internally this time. I have to say pulling a cable through that bend is tough, but I got er done. I then spliced, soldered, and waterproofed the connection in the trailer end frame. I cut the LED stock cable 12" below the LED and put in posi-lock connectors, so that I can remove them easy this time if I need to straighten the square tubing. This mod ended up taking MUCH longer than I expected. I can't tell you how hard it was to fish that wire through that square tubing and PVC upright. I broke the tape holding the wire to the fish tape twice, got the wire stuck once and didn't want to break it. So I finally pushed the fish tape through from the top and dislodged it and pulled it back out the bottom. Then I used a vacuum to suck a string up and out to pull the wire through...and broke that 3 times. Finally, after keeping after it, I got the second one. Not feeling 100% today, so had to take a few breaks and move slow.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I also installed the Cobra EZ Locks on my clean out plugs!

@DawgDaze , I found another hitch pin lock that works and I like better. It is like the one you have, but a wider opening to accommodate the new style hitch.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm going to like the all LED trailer lights! I am ordering an LED for the closet.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So much for momma thinking you were going to stop at buying the boat. That mod fever will get you every time. What is next on the Looooong list? :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Guides and Locks are a must and she agrees @Boat Crazy ! I may have more trouble selling her on the stereo and LED interior lights, but she did like them.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"Not feeling 100% today, so had to take a few breaks and move slow."
Sounds like you may be coming down with a slight case of moditis. Take a couple of boat rides and call me in the morning. :winkingthumbsup"

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe I need to add some of the stuff I am doing then, instead of starting new threads on them. I have a thread started on the stereo upgrade...that I didn't intend to do right now! IT IS ALL YA'LLS FAULT! LOL. I am doing the upgrade. And...get this! I never did modify my bow roller on my 230, because it never, not even once, marked up my hull. Now I have this new Shorelander, which I think is a fabulous trailer, but the "poly bow roller" is flat out leaving poly all over the bow hull! So I immediately bought a new Stoltz Bow Roller and changed it. Check this out!
View attachment 5340
View attachment 5341
View attachment 5342
Mel, can you tell me which size roller you went with. Or the model #, thanks. Found scuff marks on our bow this spring while waxing and was a little aggravated for a boat that has very few hours on it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My receipt has a number I can't get to find it at Bass Pro Shop. But it was the 4" center section and that one has an SKU of 501206, and was $34.99. I just grabbed one and didn't even look at the price.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finished the LED guide post lights. I painted the square tubing support to match the trailer, as well as the bottom channel support. I drilled the square tubing inside the frame rail, and installed the light cable internally this time. I have to say pulling a cable through that bend is tough, but I got er done. I then spliced, soldered, and waterproofed the connection in the trailer end frame. I cut the LED stock cable 12" below the LED and put in posi-lock connectors, so that I can remove them easy this time if I need to straighten the square tubing. This mod ended up taking MUCH longer than I expected. I can't tell you how hard it was to fish that wire through that square tubing and PVC upright. I broke the tape holding the wire to the fish tape twice, got the wire stuck once and didn't want to break it. So I finally pushed the fish tape through from the top and dislodged it and pulled it back out the bottom. Then I used a vacuum to suck a string up and out to pull the wire through...and broke that 3 times. Finally, after keeping after it, I got the second one. Not feeling 100% today, so had to take a few breaks and move slow.
View attachment 5585
View attachment 5586
I also installed the Cobra EZ Locks on my clean out plugs!

@DawgDaze , I found another hitch pin lock that works and I like better. It is like the one you have, but a wider opening to accommodate the new style hitch.
That's great Mel......You put a lot of time in to those trailer guides and they look great.
Hope you get to feeling better!

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mel....awesome write-up on the first impressions of your new boat. You should sedt that in to some boat magazines for a possible Pulitzer Prize :) Very insightful. I describe my MR-1's as noisy as "bees in a can". Boat Crazy's 1.8's have this deep throaty growl at 6,000 RPM's...sounds great over the MR-1's. The 1.8's also seem to be as reliable as the older 1052cc engines....and now I'm trying to convince myself that 9 seasons with my boat ain't really all that long....not like a decade or something :)

Damn you Man!! :)

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mel, i found the perfect tow rig for you, even matches your boat:winkingthumbsup"
image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The only reason to buy a new boat...is if you sold your only boat! Seriously, you will love the new one as much as you did the tried and true. Plenty of improvements to enrich the experience, but not a true reason to jump @Impelled ...unless you just need a new rig. Even then, mine is already two years old! But I don't see many changes from the 2012 to 2014. Who knows what 2015 brings, but I won't be a candidate now that I am back in business!
That is one nice rig @Craig ! That police cruiser matches the boat perfectly!:winkingthumbsup"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wanted to share a few more notes on some new things I have learned. Some that I knew but just didn't have evidence to support my statements. The shipping cover is not a good storage cover...it won't breath. And humidity builds under it badly. My new boat, pretty much had worthless hydro-turf due to the heat under that cover for 2 seasons of storage, perfectly dry, except for humidity. The heat caused drying of the turf. The seat vinyl and cushion foam appears ok, I sure hope so.

Another victim of the humidity under the storage cover on a brand new, never been used, only an .7 of an hour on the meters to lake check at the factory, delivered to the dealer, and 2 seasons of storage...this is my pristine engine compartment...notice anything? Yep, every steel clamp in there is rusting. Most of them are just steel.
2014-05-28 08.29.31.jpg 2014-05-28 08.30.24.jpg
The good news...mother Yamaha is covering the turf and hopefully the clamps. Gentlemen, don't store your boat under the shipping cover, it does not breath. This was a dry boat, imagine a used boat that has moisture in it.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r you might give this a try: http://www.fluid-film.com/ According to one of our Marine guys this stuff is supposed to be like magic. I sprayed a bunch of corroded metal down last week under my clean out tray... if I get back to the boat this weekend I'll check the results and get some pics.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I assumed a good corrosion protectant would have helped, had it been used in advance, but after the fact I never considered it. I read that they say it is safe for electrical connections and plastics, but not non oil resistant rubber. Could we have any of that? Of course we have a big amount of rubber in the compartment...fuel hose, cooling lines, oil lines, etc. I expect they would all be safe, but wouldn't swear to it. Who would think that petroleum products would cause swelling in ABS, the material that the lower half the the clean out plug is made of! How did you spray it Ed? I see a spray can, but they recommended an airless in the write-up I read, at 2000psi. Hopefully a can is easier. And would T-9 be as good for stuff that is already corroding?