• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Worst Customer Service Ever

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I ordered (or I hope) a couple of wear rings for my boat today. Turns out this company has an rating of 1. I could not find any positive reviews and I may have been scammed. Here is their reply when I required about availability.

“It most definitely said it was in stock when you went on our website earlier unless you went there before August 9th, which is when it was added to inventory in our warehouse. You have no idea how tired we are of customers who tell us "another place told me it's on backorder" - not sure what kind of argument that is and why would anyone even argue with us about availability. If you don't believe it, just don't order. Why argue? Makes no sense. We are not going to beg you to order anything from us, this item will sell quick, it's a popular item.
Oh and by the way, what company did you have to fight over getting your money back? That's absurd! Why would they not give you your money back if you want to cancel and order that is for an item that is on backorder? We'd love to know which one of our competitors does this... sounds ridiculous.

Just looked up your order (found one under this email). We have only 1 of Yamaha - SLEEVE, IMPELLER, Part # 6HH-R1337-00-00 in stock on the shelf in our warehouse, BUT not to worry, our local Yamaha warehouse has PLENTY in stock, so the second one will be available to ship Tuesday. Same as Yamaha - O-RING, Part # 93211-65800-00 which should have shown you "Ships within 1 to 2 business days". If that's too long of a wait, just let us know and we can cancel your order. Whatever company is telling you the Yamaha - SLEEVE, IMPELLER, Part # 6HH-R1337-00-00 is on backorder, either has no idea what they are doing, or are doing something wrong. We hear this a lot about partzilla for example. Daily, we have this almost exact same email exchange with at least one customer”

Thank you

Do you believe this? How do they stay in business?

I'm not sure what company you are referring to, is it the Partzilla place, or is it the company that emailed you that response? I guess I'm not really following what's going on, but I'd LOVE to know if someone isn't refunding money so I can steer clear of them.

Please, more info on this!

I'm not sure what company you are referring to, is it the Partzilla place, or is it the company that emailed you that response? I guess I'm not really following what's going on, but I'd LOVE to know if someone isn't refunding money so I can steer clear of them.

Please, more info on this!
It’s not partzilla or any Yamaha warehouse. I’ll be gladly to share when and if I get my parts. I found out after I placed my order this company is horrendous.

Did you use a credit card so you could call them up to fight on your behalf, or just initiate a chargeback, if necessary?

Amazon vendors have started doing this, I've noticed. The site states they have it, and 2-3 days prior to the stated delivery date, I get an email saying that it will be X more days until I get stuff. I will cancel the order and buy from someone else when that happens, whenever possible. UNDER promise, and OVER deliver, but don't dick me around.

Did you use a credit card so you could call them up to fight on your behalf, or just initiate a chargeback, if necessary?

Amazon vendors have started doing this, I've noticed. The site states they have it, and 2-3 days prior to the stated delivery date, I get an email saying that it will be X more days until I get stuff. I will cancel the order and buy from someone else when that happens, whenever possible. UNDER promise, and OVER deliver, but don't dick me around.
I used PayPal…They’re pretty good when there’s issues. It’s funny, they’re all selling me the wear rings for $76. Yamaha is $88, and most other places are over $100. I’m very suspicious to say the least. Just hope they send me my parts.

Why do you need a wear ring already? For your 2021 212?

You have the newer stainless + composite wear rings. Those should be able to take a good beating and won’t swell like the older design. Why are you replacing them?

Last edited:
You have the newer nylon wear rings. Those should be able to take a good beating and won’t swell like the older design. Why are you replacing them?
destroyed both of mine. Sucked up some rocks.

Attachments

• 20210623_150842.jpg
    20210623_150842.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Well that’ll do it. :(

I used PayPal…They’re pretty good when there’s issues. It’s funny, they’re all selling me the wear rings for $76. Yamaha is $88, and most other places are over $100. I’m very suspicious to say the least. Just hope they send me my parts.
If you don’t get your parts you can also go through PayPal to get your money back. I got scammed several years ago buying a trailer sight unseen and PayPal refunded my money when the dealer wouldn’t.

Back