• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would you wait on 2019 model at this point

NPR_Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I definitely want to upgrade to the fsh 210 sport from my current 2016 190. I found one of the last remaining 2018 210s in the area that had a contract fall through and is available. I am fine with what they are offering on trade but there is ZERO discounting on the 2018 - meaning not even waiving all the baked-in dealer fees, etc. So we're talking just under 50k out the door.

Given that the 2019 models will start coming in just a couple of months, should I just wait? When dealers get new deliveries are they more apt to negotiate a little? Apart from paying full price on a 2018 I'd also have a boat that is considered a year old nearly right out of the gate. Just wondering what others would do.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wait until the next boat show.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boat show. Wait for new ones. Or look for a bargain on a 18. Look on the thread what did you pay for your FSH21 and go to the best price dealer. Or use that info to bargain now.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wait. He needs to sell it far worse than you need to buy it.

NPR_Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback and I am going to call the dealer now and tell them I am waiting. I realize nearly everyone is sold out of the 2018 fsh 210s but nonetheless if anything they should be giving a great discount this late in the model year. I'll check out the thread mentioned above and keep an eye out for the new arrivals. Who knows, maybe the 2019 210 center console will even have some improvements??

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My local dealer has a 210FSH Sport sitting on the lot.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback and I am going to call the dealer now and tell them I am waiting. I realize nearly everyone is sold out of the 2018 fsh 210s but nonetheless if anything they should be giving a great discount this late in the model year. I'll check out the thread mentioned above and keep an eye out for the new arrivals. Who knows, maybe the 2019 210 center console will even have some improvements??
If you can wait, I would definitely wait. These are a novelty right now, but that will change comes the Fall and next year boat shows, Scarab has a nice new 25' CC, etc. Most likely nothing will change in the next 2-3 MY for the new 210FSH. But who knows.

I find the 210 FSH to be quite impressive but 50k is rather steep for that boat, IMO. Maybe if it had 1.8s , not TR-1s.

--

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use to sell boats. (Please don't hate me for it)

Depending how long the dealer has had that boat is going to determine whether or not they will "deal" on it. They have to pay something called "Flooring" to the manufacturer in order to display the boat on their showroom floor. It's like the dealer is renting the boat until they sell it to you. If the dealer has had the boat for a long time, they paid a ton of money for flooring costs and want to try to recoup some of that cost which is one reason that they won't discount it for you.

P.S. If anyone has questions about the sales process let me know. I'd be happy to help you not get screwed.

Last edited:

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
hey everyone:
i tried for the past 8 months to get my dealer to give me top dollar for my 2016 190 towards trade to a 2018 210. but no luck so i decided to use it one more summer and look to see if yamaha comes out with the 210 with twin 1.8's or even a 23' center console. my dealer hinted at this last aug 2017 so maybe some truth to it??

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wasn’t there a buyback program on the 190fsh?

Something like after 5 years of ownership, they would give KBB on trade in.

Or pay off your loan balance, etc...

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If its not a must have right now I'd sit tight. I bought my leftover 2016 last year in August . Dealer here in Michigan had 2 Sport models, 3 deluxe and a couple base units. I offered him $7,000 less than list and received a no way response. A week later they called and took my offer. It was late August so I think they felt they were going to have to sit on them all winter. It wasn't much more that 30 days later and they had sold all of them. Based on what I can see I may have simply gotten lucky :)… If they drop 1.8L in the 210 that would be a sweet ride for sure!!!

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've got an original 2016 FSH 190 and I'm waiting for an FSH 240. I would hold out if I were you. If you think you will only ever want a 21' boat, wait for the boat shows. We have fall boat shows in SC, not sure about your area of the country.

NPR_Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've got an original 2016 FSH 190 and I'm waiting for an FSH 240. I would hold out if I were you. If you think you will only ever want a 21' boat, wait for the boat shows. We have fall boat shows in SC, not sure about your area of the country.
Is there something official out there that Yamaha is coming out with an FSH 240 at some point? I've read speculation but nothing concrete from Yamaha.

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@NPR_Scott no official word from Yamaha, but I’m sure it will happen in the next few years

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I say wait. I am. You may be disappointed if they make revision to or come out with a new model all together.