• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many hours are you at? And, any major issues up to this point?

120hrs on 2020 212S nothing except chasing water intrusion issues, also my stbd eng rpms max out at 7300 and port 7500. Boat runs strong.
View attachment 160707
My 2020 212s stbrd is also lower than the port. I thought that was due to the rotation and different loading for the strbd side, but I could be mistaken.
51 isn't bad with a full tank, was the bimini up?

I'm just about to hit 100 hours. Should line up perfectly with the end of season (even if I go over a few hours, I'll wait til the end of season to do the service). I have had absolutely zero issues...'knock on wood.' Just curious if anyone has had any major breaks, parts go bad, pre-mature failures, etc.
I have a 2015 242 LS with 98 hours on it. It sat for almost 2 years so I replaced alot on it to make sure it was right before I put the family in it. I got a great deal so I didn't mind putting some money into it. I had to go over the entire boat anyway so might as well lol. All said and done I used multiple vendors base off part availability but everything fit and it runs like a batt outa hell. 51 mph @7800 rpm. Again, keep in mind mind it sat for 2 years so the cables were probably premature as were the wear rings.

-Plugs:
NGK Spark Plug LFR6A 6668 (Pack of 4) Watercraft FX FZR FZS VX VXR VXS Reach 26.5mm Hex Size 16mm Gap 0.9mm Resistor Value 5K Ohm Amazon.com: NGK Spark Plug LFR6A 6668 (Pack of 4) Watercraft FX FZR FZS VX VXR VXS Reach 26.5mm Hex Size 16mm Gap 0.9mm Resistor Value 5K Ohm : Everything Else

-Oil filter:
69J-13440-03-00 (Thailand version?‍♂️)

-Yamalube bulk oil
Yamaha New OEM WaveRunner Boat Oil Case of 4 Gallons 10W-40 4W LUB-10W40-WV-04 Amazon.com: Yamaha New OEM WaveRunner Boat Oil Case of 4 Gallons 10W-40 4W LUB-10W40-WV-04 : Automotive

-Wear rings (with plastic inserts)

-Cone O-ring (93210-54010-00) and re-grease
Yamaha Marine New OEM Epnoc Jet Pump Greas, ACC-EPNOC-GS-05 Amazon.com: Yamaha Marine New OEM Epnoc Jet Pump Greas, ACC-EPNOC-GS-05 : Automotive

-Steering cables

-Control cables for reverse buckets.
Yamaha was double the price so I cross referenced the P/N to theese.
SeaStar CCX63318 Xtreme Universal Control Cable 18 FT. 33C Type Teleflex 10-32 T

-Marine grease. This is what I use for everything including the impeller shaft bearings.
Bel-Ray WATER PROOF GREASE CARTRIDGE 14oz Amazon.com: Bel-Ray WATER PROOF GREASE CARTRIDGE 14oz (1) : Automotive

There are better deals out there. I just went with what was available within my timeline. Definitely owe alot to this forum and its members! There are detailed write ups for each of the major components I replaced that helped tremendously!

Attachments

• 20210731_102845.jpg
    20210731_102845.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
My 2020 212s stbrd is also lower than the port. I thought that was due to the rotation and different loading for the strbd side, but I could be mistaken.
51 isn't bad with a full tank, was the bimini up?
Yep bimini was up, at the water temp was 90. I was very pleased considering full tank, bimini and warm water. It was just the wife and I and nothing in the bow. I took the pic because of the speed but that is when I noticed the rpm difference. I didn't keep that speed for long, the wife yelled "slow down, bimini is up"

12.5 hours….damaged my wear rings on maiden voyage. Pumps are out, waiting for parts. Other minor issues which I have fixed myself. I.E. Anchor Locker drain, hoses and wiring harnesses hanging loosely and rubbing, screws loose.
How’d the wear rings get damaged?

45 hours, only one issue. On the first voyage the Bimini fell off. The screws holes that held it into the wake tower were stripped, all of them. The dealer fixed it without issue.

I read that too, but when I'm WOT both are bouncing at 7500-7550...too close to say one is lower for me.

@BeauSko join us on Jet Boaters of Charleston (SC) facebook group.

The link is conveniently located on my signature :) trying to grow a jet boaters group in CHS area

I read that too, but when I'm WOT both are bouncing at 7500-7550...too close to say one is lower for me.
Good to hear, there is hope.

Interesting, I definitely see a difference of a few hundred RPMs at WOT. Maybe it's time to investigate.

100 hours, 50 of them mine and 50 of them from prior owner. My only issue so far is the loose starboard aft cleat i'm actively trying to find a solution to.

I did have the starboard side of the boat get beat up pretty good in a storm. My slip had fixed docks not floating, a big no-no for eastern Lake Erie. A storm surge came thru and water levels rapidly rose 2-3'. When i got there my boat was up over the dock smashing into the wood dock supports. The rub rail took most of the damage but the gel coat is scratched up towards the back of the boat. Lesson learned, we're on floating docks now

@BeauSko join us on Jet Boaters of Charleston (SC) facebook group.

The link is conveniently located on my signature :) trying to grow a jet boaters group in CHS area
Nice!!! I deleted my FB account years ago. My wife still has an account though ?.

We're in! I had my wife (Amanda) join ?

Last edited:
No hour meters in the two strokes.

We prefer to measure use by how many thousands of gallons burned.

Back