• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just figured I would add my experiences to this after reading and receiving the same letter when I returned from a weekend away.

I was able to log in, but they Yamaha letter had my account number incorrect (last digit incorrect). I entered in yn- then my real account number as a username followed by the SSN password. It was odd everything was in my fiance's name even though we both are co-signed on the loan.

Once I signed in, I experienced the same as a lot of people have mentioned. My payment was now the increased amount that shouldn't kick in for me for another 3 years per the original ya.aha financing. I am fortunate however that my payment from December was applied correctly as my January payment isn't due until the 25th.

I plan on attempting to call tomorrow and straighten it out because this is ridiculous. I typically make extra payments to eat into the principal so it's not a big deal for me, but frustrating this changed for everyone with little to no notice and has caused some head aches especially with the phantom late payments.

If anyone has had any luck in getting things changed or have had better luck with a direct number I suggest sharing it as it seems a lot of us are dealing with these issues. I will update my experiences tomorrow and see where I get.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Just figured I would add my experiences to this after reading and receiving the same letter when I returned from a weekend away.

I was able to log in, but they Yamaha letter had my account number incorrect (last digit incorrect). I entered in yn- then my real account number as a username followed by the SSN password. It was odd everything was in my fiance's name even though we both are co-signed on the loan.

Once I signed in, I experienced the same as a lot of people have mentioned. My payment was now the increased amount that shouldn't kick in for me for another 3 years per the original ya.aha financing. I am fortunate however that my payment from December was applied correctly as my January payment isn't due until the 25th.

I plan on attempting to call tomorrow and straighten it out because this is ridiculous. I typically make extra payments to eat into the principal so it's not a big deal for me, but frustrating this changed for everyone with little to no notice and has caused some head aches especially with the phantom late payments.

If anyone has had any luck in getting things changed or have had better luck with a direct number I suggest sharing it as it seems a lot of us are dealing with these issues. I will update my experiences tomorrow and see where I get.
No one as of yet has had any luck getting things straightened out. Its been a frustrating waiting game

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was anyone's account number on the letter correct? What a joke! Thankfully I read that account number discrepancy before trying to log on and was able to verify they had the last digit wrong. I input the correct number online and was successful at logging in and making a payment. Like many others, my payment had changed. Apparently 2 somebody's suck at their job... if they still have a job. Their poor customer service staff must be living a nightmare this week to make up for it. I'll give it a couple weeks and check again to see if they remedy it. If not I'll attempt to remedy it prior to my next payment. 🖖

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Because of these posts, I was able to figure out the correct login (thank you everyone), set up my new autopay and without a phone call to Yamaha financial. They have my monthly payment wrong but my interest-rate is correct so I figure I’m just paying a little bit of extra principal which is fine anyways. I’ll see how it gets applied and see what I need to actually deal with it but if they do credit the principal for the extra payment then I’m good.

I also spoke with synchrony bank, they told me that autopay has been canceled, so timing wise, it’s great because my next payment was due in seven days anyways.
Now i am all set - and all thanks to everyone else for their posts which saved me untold aggravation.

People are freaking out on the Yamaha Facebook pages - but this forum got the solution down and right quickly.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally got my first statement today and as i expected it was all screwed up. the statement date is the 15th of January. And just getting it now.

Now on hold 1.5 hours now and counting.
I am sure it will be more of the same bull crap.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got my statement, says I'm late for the Jan 1 payment even though Synchrony cashed the check on dec 27. Same issue with the account number being off one digit.

On hold 17 mins so far.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gave up after 1 hour and 50 minutes. This changeover is a nightmare

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
30-45 days from organizations to servicing and don’t forget the title work with each person’s state and recording pay off and title updated with new lien holder.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As someone who works in this industry... it’s poor execution and very poor customer experience.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just logged in. Despite being told "it'll all work out by Tuesday".......It is in fact still incorrect. No paper statement at my house yet either.

What a PIA.

My bank has MUCH better customer service. At this point since they have the rate, and payment correct, I'm going to see about pulling the funds back from the last payment through the bank, and then remaking the payment to Yamaha.

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have been on hold for over 1 hour and still no one. This is a joke. You would think they would contact everyone and let them know what is going on and how they are fixing it. It’s not like they don’t have my email since they sent me a past due notice.

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I gave up after 1 hour and 50 minutes. This changeover is a nightmare

We need to all call Yamaha finance customer service. This is different than 1st associates. 1800-962-7926. Option 2 then 4 for customers with a loan starting in YM

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve been on hold about an hour too... all my info is right payment, rate due date ect except it doesn’t show a payment for January which I made already and says I owe two payments for February... I’m starting to lean towards just paying the double payment I don’t want it to hit my credit and it’s an extra payment not money wasted... like my time sitting on hold...

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I wish all my info was correct. I’m going to make payment today so it doesn’t hit my credit then deal with them after.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
An update for me:

After sending an email to them explaining my monthly payment amount was incorrect, as well as my APR. They removed the late charge on my account and corrected the APR %. However they haven't updated the monthly payment amount and I still have a past due balance that reflects the additional amount they incorrectly added to my monthly payment. I also have the step loan that has a lower interest rate for the first 60 months, then it goes up the next interval.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just want to thank everyone for posting their experiences. I had the same issues everyone here has noted (wrong account number, showing one payment past due) and was able to log in, set up payments, and avoid panic. Such a great resource to have. Thanks everyone!

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who gets the longest on hold record! I had 2.25 hours. Only thing wrong with mine was the late payment. Emailed all my payments and am now waiting for a response.... next record to get....2 days?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who gets the longest on hold record! I had 2.25 hours. Only thing wrong with mine was the late payment. Emailed all my payments and am now waiting for a response.... next record to get....2 days?
Please tell me you had hold on speakerphone and were doing something else while waiting?!?!?

I too only have the late fee on record currently. What did you email for records, and where did you send it? I might skip the phone call and simply email my records and see what shakes out.