• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Diagnostic System (YDS)...how to read your hours and errors

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy to let those in the NC area use mine, or I'll even come and read it for ya!
are you ever in the clt area? I can't get my yds to work on my new computer. Doesn't have a CD drive and I can't figure out what's wrong with my boat

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
are you ever in the clt area? I can't get my yds to work on my new computer. Doesn't have a CD drive and I can't figure out what's wrong with my boat
Honestly have no idea if I have a functioning YDS system right now. The pc that used to run it is no more!

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Windows 7 - never got the drivers to be found on the disk or for Windows to find. Bummer.

AndersBk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone in the Sacramento area have a YDS we can borrow? We are thinking about buying a 2009 212x but it has very low hours (40) and we’re feeling unsure.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
According to @Binymac on another thread, he says you need YDIS 2.0 for 2015 plus boat models.....I haven't confirmed this....
Has any one been able to verify what is needed for a 2015 212?

I have 2015 212x and looking to purchase a YDIS because I often get check engine alarms when starting at launch. I have to disconnect the batteries completely for AT LEAST 10 minutes then I can reconnect the batteries and start with no alarm for the rest of the day. No alarm when on the trailer at home and starting the motors just to make sure everything is good. Next launch - alarm then rinse and repeat. Like to know what is causing the alarm and stop being a dock hog when launching.

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi, I just replaced my port engine with a takeout engine from another watercraft. I had to change the flywheel cover with the magneto/stator on it. I can’t get the engine to fire up and I read you ha e to do an “initial learning” on a stator that’s been removed. Anyone know how I can do that?

Attachments

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi, I just replaced my port engine with a takeout engine from another watercraft. I had to change the flywheel cover with the magneto/stator on it. I can’t get the engine to fire up and I read you ha e to do an “initial learning” on a stator that’s been removed. Anyone know how I can do that?
I'd start a new thread with this question - otherwise this will be buried in this YDS thread.

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered a YDS Reader before our trip. $65 from eBay. I went out today and ran the test on both engines.
My 2011 242 had both connectors on the Starboard Side behind the plastic circle. The Star Side connector was zip-tied up pretty high in the compartment.
The boat showed 11.5 hours when we bought it. They are both over 25 hrs now. We covered about 100 miles on the 2 lakes over the last couple of weeks.

It looks like one engine had a fault code. Is this 12.12 a date? Like the Error was recorded December 12? Or would this date be useless since I turn the batteries off for storage?

Is any of the other engine data useful? Or would I need to be actually running the boat? I just bumped the starter for this test.

Attachments

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered a YDS Reader before our trip. $65 from eBay. I went out today and ran the test on both engines.
My 2011 242 had both connectors on the Starboard Side behind the plastic circle. The Star Side connector was zip-tied up pretty high in the compartment.
The boat showed 11.5 hours when we bought it. They are both over 25 hrs now. We covered about 100 miles on the 2 lakes over the last couple of weeks.

It looks like one engine had a fault code. Is this 12.12 a date? Like the Error was recorded December 12? Or would this date be useless since I turn the batteries off for storage?

Is any of the other engine data useful? Or would I need to be actually running the boat? I just bumped the starter for this test.
I think 12.12 is the hour the fault occured - as in the engine hour. The other data wouldn't be reliable if the engines weren't running.