• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha new boat release at 11am. It is the 2016 Yamaha 190 FSH - Live Coverage

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had bass boats and fish/ski boats even did some mods to my 212 for fishing. I keep looking back to see if I change my mind and no Im still not biting. I think its too much of a purpose boat with limited versatility

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does this have noise reduction like the 24footers??
Not like the 24's but the did use the new style engine mounts and coupler like in the other 190's.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is my first thought as well. Eliminate the swim platform, or at least cut it in half and add the extra space to the inside of the boat.

As much as they have pushed this boat as "A boat for every boater", I really can't see the typical family with 2.5 kids buying this, it will be fisherman who want a jetboat, and if they are fisherman then they won't want or need a 2 tier swim platform.
It may be a region thing but I see tons of CC boats in the 20' range that are family boats. My guess is that the husband wins on what kind of boat to buy because he wants to fish and have the option to keep the wife in the sun and the kids happy on a tube.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is unknown at this time. They do not address "Quiet Cruise" whatsoever in any of their marketing materials.
So until someone can ride on an actual FSH we won't know.
It's a great question, however, @dbrunone .
@JetBoatPilot will probably be on one this weekend.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome! I think this is Yamaha just dipping their toe in the CC market. I think it will sell well as a bay and back water fishing boat. And if that happens, it will be an easy move to take their 24' hull and turn it into a twin engine CC.
I am all in when the 24 footer becomes available, My son and I love to fish and we aren't big ski/wake-board people so this is absolutely perfect! I have been looking at buying a cheap used ($10,000-$15,000) fishing boat but to my astonishment fishing boats are more expensive than our boats a new center console Skeeter boat is $80,000 so if Yamaha can keep the 24 footer around $40,000 I will upgrade.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if Yamaha can keep the 24 footer around $40,000 I will upgrade.
The 190 FSH is $500 more than a SX190 so my guess is that a 240 FSH would be about the same price as a 240sX ($50,499). A 210 starts under $40k.

Fat Daddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Hello,

New to the forum. This boat brought me here. I really like the Yamaha jet boat line but never wanted to get one because I wanted to be able to do some fishing with the kids. I have two girls 9 and 5 and live in Sarasota near the bay. The boat would be mainly a bay boat and occasional off shore (5 miles) trips.

This would be my first new boat. I guess I'm part of the target audience for this boat. I'm actually about to put a deposit down and would be taking delivery in July. I understand the criticisms and appreciate the opinions of everyone here. I'm a small business owner who's finally making some money and want to spend the small amount of time I take off doing things on the water with the kids while they're still young. This boat seems like it will help me achieve that goal, more fun with the family. I like the swim platform because it provides an easy way in and out for the kids and it looks like it can easily double as a good casting spot. I also like the idea of having something I can get a few friends together on and do some fishing on a day off without the kids.

So I think this is a good starter boat for me and the family. I'm sure it will get plenty of use and it seems like it will fit a family of four just fine.

I'm kind of concerned about being one of the first owners before any kinks are worked out but I believe Yamaha does a good job with product development and the boat is based off an existing platform.

I would probably be interested in increasing the speed a bit in the future.

Hopefully I'm making a good choice which would fit my needs.

Jason

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,

New to the forum. This boat brought me here. I really like the Yamaha jet boat line but never wanted to get one because I wanted to be able to do some fishing with the kids. I have two girls 9 and 5 and live in Sarasota near the bay. The boat would be mainly a bay boat and occasional off shore (5 miles) trips.

This would be my first new boat. I guess I'm part of the target audience for this boat. I'm actually about to put a deposit down and would be taking delivery in July. I understand the criticisms and appreciate the opinions of everyone here. I'm a small business owner who's finally making some money and want to spend the small amount of time I take off doing things on the water with the kids while they're still young. This boat seems like it will help me achieve that goal, more fun with the family. I like the swim platform because it provides an easy way in and out for the kids and it looks like it can easily double as a good casting spot. I also like the idea of having something I can get a few friends together on and do some fishing on a day off without the kids.

So I think this is a good starter boat for me and the family. I'm sure it will get plenty of use and it seems like it will fit a family of four just fine.

I'm kind of concerned about being one of the first owners before any kinks are worked out but I believe Yamaha does a good job with product development and the boat is based off an existing platform.

I would probably be interested in increasing the speed a bit in the future.

Hopefully I'm making a good choice which would fit my needs.

Jason
Welcome aboard!! I think that this boat will be a great fit. The hull and motor are time tested so any issues will be with accessory and fit and finish.

I crawled all over the boat and was impressed with its options and well designed layout.

Can't wait for you and others to get one in hand and start posting pics and evaluations.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Fat Daddy !@@ :Welcome:
So glad you've joined us and can't wait to hear all about your new boat as soon as you receive delivery !
Keep in mind, we LOVE photos here ........ LOL ! Post away !
And if there's anything we can do to make your boating expereince any nice or better, please ask !
Wishing you a great 2015 boating year !
And oh yeah, by the way ........+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 8 - Fat Daddy.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard! I believe the 190 FSH is a very capable and well designed boat that you will be very happy with it.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

It will be really interesting to hear your impressions of your new boat.

Fat Daddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the warm welcome.

The family is excited about getting the boat. Of course I'm looking forward to getting it as well. The girls have decided on a possible name of "Sandy Cheeks". I'm ok with it I guess. When you live with three women you have to give a little.

I'm curious about weight of the t-top and how easy it is to remove for storage. I wish I could see it in person but I don't think it will be in the area any time soon.

I'm doing my research on some fishing gear since I don't have much at the moment. I would appreciate any suggestions for stocking it up with gear for bay fishing.

I'm also interested in any ideas you guys might have about what you would install on the boat such as mods or equipment. A grill would be a must for example.

I'm also looking to possibly mount a fish finder, although for a boat mainly used in the bay I'm not so sure this would help much.

I'm #2 on the list at my dealer. I think this will guarantee me a first shipment delivery.

Jason

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As for the top removal, it will come off after removing 4 bolts. I would guess 10 minutes at most. The top probably weights around 20 pounds. It's not designed to be removed and replaced constantly but you can probably do it if needed.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg
You can see the bolts in the photo. The legs still stick up quite high after top removal.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FSH details ...........
This comes from 1 of Yamaha's best dealers, and 1 who actually helped them (Yamaha) design the FS:
As of 2 weeks ago, there were only three (3 !!!) FSH's even produced.
Knowing that ......... it's an unusual new boat Launch philosophy that Yamaha has elected to use ........
1) You cannot see a boat ........ most likely
2) You cannot get a ride in a FSH
3) If you still want 1, you can put down a NON-refundable $500 deposit on one.

It'll be interesting to see if they "modify" this new marketing approach, knowing that NauticStar and Carolina Skiff, may be the 2 best known (selling ?) center console Fishing bay boats sold & do not have these restrictive sales policies.
And these 2 companies sell comparable or even larger boats for less than Yamaha's new entry.
And each have been making center console boats for many many years.

Interesting factoid ......... And you get THIS one fer free from me ........ EVERY Carolina Skiff boat is made in Waycross GA ! ......... LOL !~

Have a nice day, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you plan on boating here in the bay area you will be wanting the top on, trust me on that.

Fat Daddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Thx Murf'n'Surf,

It appears from the 3rd picture in your first post there's a connection point for the top about waist height. I've read that it's easily removed for garage storage. I'm hoping this is the case as I want to keep it in the garage.

@Cobra Jet, I just want to take the top off for storage only. It will be on while on the water.

Jason

190fshkilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fat Daddy,
I just joined the club with you my friend. Downpayment payed! I have about the same needs as you in terms of family use and a quick get away boat for me and my boys to go drink a couple cold ones and get our fish on. I will definitely share some pics and my opinion on the forums when she arrives.

The New Guy
C.J.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @190fshkilla. I love the username. Do you have a delivery date?