• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha new boat release at 11am. It is the 2016 Yamaha 190 FSH - Live Coverage

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does this model have the option of top off or does it stow somewhere on the boat?? It would be hard to cast standing next to the helm with the top on.
Adding to @Murf'n'surf's response, there are two models that do not have the top. It is optional.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The canvas can be taken off easily but the top would have to be unbolted and left at home if you wanted to run without a top. Generally speaking, I think you have to alter your cast to a sidearm toss with any CC boat while next to the console.
I wonder if some quick connect assemblies could be used in place of the bolts that secure the top....just a thought.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I'd be standing or sitting on the bow (there is an optional bow pedestal seat I've heard...not seen) with a foot mounted trolling motor control.
This pic shows the bow pedestal seat. I can't find anything that shows the base or trolling motor control.

1458-190 FSH Deluxe_Profile R copy.jpg

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like it or not most boat owners including myself are impulse buyers and this boat just doesn't do it for me.

Lou
That is an interesting point of view. I wonder if the boat marketing execs agree and what the data shows. These purchases are significant and I get the impression with the interwebs and forums like this that boat owners are much less impulsive than ever before and do a lot of homework before picking one based on a small set of critieria. Anyway, I hear what you mean....nothing jumps out and grabs you...but that seems to be the thing with Yamahas in general...it's the whole package.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One interesting thing about this boat is the lack of level walk around space behind the leaning post (compared to similar CCs). It's a factor of the short 19 foot length, limitation of the 19 footer, the "award winning swim platform, and the need to fit those jump seats whereas they could not be squeezed in behind the leaning post. Need little trick. Not sure if I like it or not, but it seems different.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not interested in a dedicated fishing boat, nor have I ever shopped them to be able to make an educated comparison between this boat and others in the same market. From what I can see, they have applied what they have learned with the sport boats and have put a lot of thought into making an efficient use of the limited space on a 19 foot boat. I am sure that they have done their market research and believe they can sell these boats. They certainly have the marketing and dealer network in place. It will be interesting to see how they do.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is the actual draft of this boat?

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could see where this boat would be handy in and around some of the outer islands around Florida or even around the bayou's of Louisiana. I know when we went to Sanibel last year there were a lot of these style of boats out there fishing. If I wanted one though, I think I would want one that was a bit longer, say 24ft. It would just give you a little more room. But overall, I like it.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf ...thanks for doing all the leg work on this by the way!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This pic shows the bow pedestal seat. I can't find anything that shows the base or trolling motor control.

View attachment 17029
I think that I posted these details earlier. A trolling motor does not come with and is not an option to buy from Yamaha. The boat designer told me that it was cost prohibitive to make standard and people like to select their own trolling motors. This is a good decision if you ask me.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf ...thanks for doing all the leg work on this by the way!!
It was my pleasure! I would love to be at a new release in the future but this time I will find a bus driver who knows how to get me to where I need to go!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A girl I work with goes fishing offshore in her ~17ft center console single engine (110hp I think) all the time. Her and her 'friend' go 10-15 miles out in the gulf with that thing. "Fishin-Chicks" (love the name) I keep wanting to go with them just to see if a tickle fight breaks out. I think they are insane for going that far in that little thing. Seems like this would be right up their alley.

One thing I was thinking was imagine if you needed to get the fuel tank out...YIKES.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am not a fisherman (being 100% Portugueese, this is embarrassing), but of course, my family is. I have spent numerous hours on the sound in bow riders, CC's, WA's and large sport fishers - even though I don't fish, I always went to drive the boat and tend bar ;).

I find this boat to be a great looking alternative. It should be popular for all the river fisherman looking for a shallow draft. I am very surprised Yamaha went with the 19' platform instead of the 21' or better yet, the 24'.
I find this boat very attractive and extremely cool, but I feel that it's just too tiny. The 2 tier swim platform just takes up too much room and I question their decision to include it. If they were to put in a different top deck that opens/eliminates the swim platform, they could increase interior space by 3'. That and the missing outboard would be huge.
Here's a pic of a 19' Scout. Yeah - it's got the outboard back there. But imagine a similiar layout WITHOUT the outboard. They are both 19' boats, but the Scout seems so much more roomier.
That said - I still find it to be pretty cool. I previously had an AR190 before my 212x - I realize how great that platform is. And the single 1.8 was a gem. It provided plenty of performance while sipping fuel.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
We used to do that in high school with our cars' windshield washer nozzles. The old ones were typically mounted on the horizontal surface between the hood and the windshield. Rotate one 90 degrees to the right on the passenger side and - voila! - instant powered squirt gun.

CAUTION: Windshield washer fluid does not feel very good in the eyes (don't ask me how I know ;):eek::D)
Oddly enough I did something similar. I ran the windshield washer through the grill of my truck and made a forward firing model. ;)

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Does this have noise reduction like the 24footers??

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does this have noise reduction like the 24footers??
This is unknown at this time. They do not address "Quiet Cruise" whatsoever in any of their marketing materials.
So until someone can ride on an actual FSH we won't know.
It's a great question, however, @dbrunone .

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I find this boat very attractive and extremely cool, but I feel that it's just too tiny. The 2 tier swim platform just takes up too much room and I question their decision to include it. If they were to put in a different top deck that opens/eliminates the swim platform, they could increase interior space by 3'. That and the missing outboard would be huge.
View attachment 17033View attachment 17034
This is my first thought as well. Eliminate the swim platform, or at least cut it in half and add the extra space to the inside of the boat.

As much as they have pushed this boat as "A boat for every boater", I really can't see the typical family with 2.5 kids buying this, it will be fisherman who want a jetboat, and if they are fisherman then they won't want or need a 2 tier swim platform.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Game changer!!!! I love this boat.... Oh man.......................not.........................going..........to................................trade.................................... LOL