• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Massive Bluefin caught off of Destin FLA.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, I saw photos on IG of that catch. What a bruiser!

Unfortunately, the FSH is a terrible boat for fighting ocean pelagics like tuna. I wouldn't consider myself an expert offshore angler by any stretch, but I can say that I've lost more Blackfin, Bluefin, and Mahi — 1/20th the size of that record Bluefin — on my FSH than I've boated. 😣

Catching even a 40 lb pelagic requires incredible coordination between the crew members, a skillful captain, and a boat designed for fighting big fish — none of which describes what my fishing buddies and I have! 😁

The FSH lacks toe-rails, coaming at the transom, and cockpit space for a fighting chair... and the FSH's big swim deck becomes a liability. The FSH also doesn't have any reverse authority. Therefore, you can't back-down on a fish during an end run, which means you have to whip the boat around to follow the fish while maintaining tension on the line without breaking off. But any end-run maneuver, whether turning or accelerating forward, can break off the fish if not done properly, or worse, throw your crew over the coaming-less transom.

With that said — last year, the winner of the Pensacola International Billfish Tournament and Marlin Magazine's Marlin Madness Gulf Coast bracket was a well-worn Century 29 walkaround with twin outboards out of Perdido. Aquaviva bested dozens of multimillion-dollar Viking and Hatteras sportfishing yachts! So I really have no excuse for losing so many fish on my boat!

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, I saw photos on IG of that catch. What a bruiser!

Unfortunately, the FSH is a terrible boat for fighting ocean pelagics like tuna. I wouldn't consider myself an expert offshore angler by any stretch, but I can say that I've lost more Blackfin, Bluefin, and Mahi — 1/20th the size of that record Bluefin — on my FSH than I've boated. 😣

Catching even a 40 lb pelagic requires incredible coordination between the crew members, a skillful captain, and a boat designed for fighting big fish — none of which describes what my fishing buddies and I have! 😁

The FSH lacks toe-rails, coaming at the transom, and cockpit space for a fighting chair... and the FSH's big swim deck becomes a liability. The FSH also doesn't have any reverse authority. Therefore, you can't back-down on a fish during an end run, which means you have to whip the boat around to follow the fish while maintaining tension on the line without breaking off. But any end-run maneuver, whether turning or accelerating forward, can break off the fish if not done properly, or worse, throw your crew over the coaming-less transom.

With that said — last year, the winner of the Pensacola International Billfish Tournament and Marlin Magazine's Marlin Madness Gulf Coast bracket was a well-worn Century 29 walkaround with twin outboards out of Perdido. Aquaviva bested dozens of multimillion-dollar Viking and Hatteras sportfishing yachts! So I really have no excuse for losing so many fish on my boat!
That reminds me of this JAX family that won the Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament a few years back in a little Carolina skiff!