• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchors

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What anchor are you using with sandy bottoms that actually hold besides screw down anchors. I’ve never had any luck with my ski.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered a Bruce style anchor. Hoping it holds better.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have always used danforth/fluke style anchors with sandy bottoms in OCMD for all of my boats. My father has done the same and you can have some ripping currents and wind at Assateague without issue. One on the beach anchoring the stern in place, the other out front holding the bow/boat perpendicular to shore. This has worked day in and day out. Wouldn't recommend anything different in sandy bottoms.

I even utilized a small danforth on my 19' boat. I believe it was a 4lb anchor and that held without issue. That anchor was rated for 16' boat which I used previously on my 16' center concole. I have anther anchor that is likely the 10lb danforth/fluke.

I would recommend NOT getting the sliding type/easy release as they are called sometimes. I have had more consistency with traditional fluke style from west marine, overton's, amazon, or anywhere really. They are all going to do the same IMO.

If you are looking for multipurpose, that is another story.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have always used danforth/fluke style anchors with sandy bottoms in OCMD for all of my boats. My father has done the same and you can have some ripping currents and wind at Assateague without issue. One on the beach anchoring the stern in place, the other out front holding the bow/boat perpendicular to shore. This has worked day in and day out. Wouldn't recommend anything different in sandy bottoms.

I even utilized a small danforth on my 19' boat. I believe it was a 4lb anchor and that held without issue. That anchor was rated for 16' boat which I used previously on my 16' center concole. I have anther anchor that is likely the 10lb danforth/fluke.

I would recommend NOT getting the sliding type/easy release as they are called sometimes. I have had more consistency with traditional fluke style from west marine, overton's, amazon, or anywhere really. They are all going to do the same IMO.

If you are looking for multipurpose, that is another story.
I have the sliding shank fluke and it seems to work pretty well. When you rig up your regular fluke, do you attach the chain at the base and then safety wire the chain to the shank up front so you can break the safety wire and pull it out backwards if it gets stuck?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the sliding shank fluke and it seems to work pretty well. When you rig up your regular fluke, do you attach the chain at the base and then safety wire the chain to the shank up front so you can break the safety wire and pull it out backwards if it gets stuck?
No I have never done that though I have seen it before. Usually in sand we can get it out. Sometimes in muck behind assateague, it can be a little difficult but most times no issue. If you get in a pickle, tie it off the cleat and reverse the opposite way of the anchor, should pull right up.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No I have never done that though I have seen it before. Usually in sand we can get it out. Sometimes in muck behind assateague, it can be a little difficult but most times no issue. If you get in a pickle, tie it off the cleat and reverse the opposite way of the anchor, should pull right up.
Right on… so far I’ve had great luck with my sliding yoke fluke, sometimes it can be a bit stubborn to get set, but once set it holds pretty darn good. I do like the Force (?) aluminum fluke anchors, thought about trying one of those with the put the chain at the base in case it gets stuck.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought this anchor for my FSH 195. I thought I’d buy at bass pro since it’s much cheaper than the Yamaha one. However… I’m not sure if it will be enough as this one is 9.5 pounds, while the Yamaha one is 10. Does it look right? Also need to buy anchor chain. Any recs on the ones on Amazon?

Attachments

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought this anchor for my FSH 195. I thought I’d buy at bass pro since it’s much cheaper than the Yamaha one. However… I’m not sure if it will be enough as this one is 9.5 pounds, while the Yamaha one is 10. Does it look right? Also need to buy anchor chain. Any recs on the ones on Amazon?
FWIW - Not familiar with that style anchor, but in fine print in that photo, it’s reads “warning no chain…use with rope only”.

How are the reviews for it on the Bass Pro website?

The Fortress branded anchors have great holding power in the sand. Issue is, their smallest anchor might not fit your locker. Their economy brand is Guardian, and the G-7 is slightly smaller (stock and shank if I recall) than the FX-7. Also amazing how light they are

Fortress Specs

@Marvin willis, you posted asking regarding your “ski”. Marvin if you don’t have luck with your new anchor, check out Cooper Anchors.

They hold fairly well, with the exception of if your ski is in the surf, as when the waves retreat, the motion of the ski can cause the anchor to dislodge. I added 4ft of chain to mine to help in that regard, but it might not be necessary depending upon your situation.

Amazon - Cooper Anchor

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm going to chime in here cause I almost hung myself with the anchor chain I was so bad at "anchoring" in my first year. I was ready to leave my original Danforth anchor on the bottom somewhere and just get a plow style or the box. But then I got the hang of the Danforth and I've never looked back. Even bought a second one to tie off at the stern. I am almost 100% sandy bottom/silt bottom except for the reefs and I anchor from 20' deep to 2'. The Danforth is a classic and it works -if you know what you are doing. They lie compact, they fit the Yamaha anchor locker, the harder they get pulled on the deeper they dig and they work. Don't give up on your Danforth, practice makes perfect.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
70803490174__CFAE3FB0-B91C-46F4-A0D1-9EFDE7621798.jpeg
Finally got a chance to try out the new anchor. Easiest anchor I’ve ever had to set. Omg. And the holding power for something so small. Can’t say enough about this anchor.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
View attachment 201754
Finally got a chance to try out the new anchor. Easiest anchor I’ve ever had to set. Omg. And the holding power for something so small. Can’t say enough about this anchor.
yup 2.2 lbs fluke anchor its the shit been using it for years now buy the anchor bag at bass pro