• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No water coming from cooling

ar210_fan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, I've got a 2017 Yamaha AR210 with TR1 motors. My starboard engine has no water flowing from the cooling discharge.

Before I start diving into this to deep is there anything I should be looking at first? Is there a water pump that circulates water through the motors or how does the water cycle through?

Thanks

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Check the pissers for debris first. Wasps like to try to make them a home.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello, I've got a 2017 Yamaha AR210 with TR1 motors. My starboard engine has no water flowing from the cooling discharge.

Before I start diving into this to deep is there anything I should be looking at first? Is there a water pump that circulates water through the motors or how does the water cycle through?

Thanks
Is this in the water, or on the hose? Many will have minimal if any out the pissers if on the hose due to low water pressure. If while on the lake, check as said above, then the screens on the pumps. As it's usually blocked where it goes in or out. The only pump is the jet pump.

Good luck.

ar210_fan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its on the lake with zero water coming out. Thanks for the input I'll check the pissers and the screens.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thanks
The water pump is the jet pump. This provides all of the cooling water for the engine, oil coolers, exhaust cooling and rectifier / regulator cooling. The service manual illustrates the cooling water flow. This cooling water comes through a screen on the side of the jet pump, so you’ll have to put the boat on the trailer to get to them.

The pilot water (I really don’t like the term pisser) comes from the oil cooler. If after using a piece of weed wacker line up into the pilot water outlet doesn’t work, trace the line back to the engine and take the line off of the oil cooler and start the engine with the hatch open to check that water is indeed coming out of the oil cooler, if there is water coming out there is still an obstruction in that line.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a great video from one of our members, it's for the MR1 engine but it's basically the same and well worth watching to get a better understanding,

The fact that you don't have any overheat alarms going off leads me to believe the out let is just block, running the weedeater line is the easiest and sometimes I have to do that on the water while at speed to use the force of the water exiting to help break it up,

If you want to try at the house you could also disconnect the discharge hose at the engine connection and see if water is flowing out of the engine port,

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last season I had a similar situation. Off-loaded and left the dock without verifying the bypass. On the way through -No Wake- I checked, nothing, sometimes at low rpm it takes awhile, by the time I got through -No Wake- still nothing. Increased the throttle still nothing. Returned to launch tied up, found the hull bypass fitting hose clamp, pulled off the hose, traced it to the engine where I believe its fitted to the oil cooler, pulled it off and blew through it. Felt a little resistance but not what you might expect for it to hold back water. Couldn't see the other end and never found anything in the hold but reconnected everything and Voila bypass was working again.

Long winded answer but if everything was A-OK when you put it away and you use it again soon and it's not working, first and easiest check point is that hose. I really could have done it with out going back in and tying up dock space but it was just another lesson learned. Good Luck on solving yours.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last season I had a similar situation. Off-loaded and left the dock without verifying the bypass. On the way through -No Wake- I checked, nothing, sometimes at low rpm it takes awhile, by the time I got through -No Wake- still nothing. Increased the throttle still nothing. Returned to launch tied up, found the hull bypass fitting hose clamp, pulled off the hose, traced it to the engine where I believe its fitted to the oil cooler, pulled it off and blew through it. Felt a little resistance but not what you might expect for it to hold back water. Couldn't see the other end and never found anything in the hold but reconnected everything and Voila bypass was working again.

Long winded answer but if everything was A-OK when you put it away and you use it again soon and it's not working, first and easiest check point is that hose. I really could have done it with out going back in and tying up dock space but it was just another lesson learned. Good Luck on solving yours.
Thanks for that information!