• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tackling the Fall boredom...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It was hard to leave everything and everyone I’ve ever known and move so where we’ve never been before but it has been worth is. Change of scenery and a change of pace is nice. There’s always going to be a reason to not make the move(family, job, etc) but if you truly want it you just need to commit. I left a job of 20yrs that i really enjoyed but am enjoying the job that I have now just as much. Don’t be afraid of change, sometimes change is all you need.
Good advice, thanks.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Tweener season is a real thing. Wake up and put on flannel, and pulling a skier at 6pm. I gave my neighbor a tow last night. She ran the full length of the lake twice. One other boat did not get the memo that this was her night to ski. She was carving glass with the biggest smile on her face. 4mm neoprene was a nice touch!

I had not driven her AR210 in a while, and it reminded me, that 1. They are not under powered 2. Yamaha engines love cool water!
Oh yeah, those motors love to be in cool water as long as you let them warm up first!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to Wisconsin. It's the state of good intentions with poor follow-through. There are some areas for bikes, but really nothing that connects them. UTV's, man they're fun, but they're also usually driven by people completely drunk - commonly seen with cooler strapped to the backs of them.

Have you seen the know $3k Honda 150L? That's pretty rad for a new bike. Not a lot of motor to play with, but a brand new enduro for 3k? DAMN.
I hadn’t seen those. That would be a fun bike for putting around on but that suspension probably wouldn’t feel very good or last very long on trails. Amazing entry price though.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was hard to leave everything and everyone I’ve ever known and move somewhere we’ve never been before but it has been worth it. Change of scenery and a change of pace is nice. There’s always going to be a reason to not make the move(family, job, etc) but if you truly want it you just need to commit. I left a job of 20yrs that i really enjoyed but am enjoying the job that I have now just as much. Don’t be afraid of change, sometimes change is all you need.
That is absolutely spot on! The hardest part by far and away is making the commitment, the rest is just sweat.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There's always a buttload of work that needs to happen on the boat. My ballast project took me literally all of the off season last year. This year almost all of the graphics need to be replaced as they're peeling up. Then the boat needs a full multi stage correction and ceramic coating inside and out. Just those things alone I'm looking at over 100 hours worth of work. At some point I plan to send off my ridesteady to get the launch control done. Also bought a wetsuit to extend the riding season through Oct and probably deep into Nov.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well, this fall and spring might be better than others - found a wheeler to ride and do maintenance on! This one is identical to the one I used to have back in 2014.

2011 Sportsman 500 HO. Super basic model with a carb. 500 HO engine is pretty much bullet proof, feed it gas and change the oil. Everything is really easy to maintain on these machines. Not fast - but 50mph is quick enough for me. Found it with 490 miles on it and only 129 hours. Previous owner just had carb and fuel lines cleaned and replaced at the local Polaris dealer. Came with Polaris plow and a garden cart. Only thing it needs is a winch, apparently the previous owner had issues with it and ripped it out, so I've got a Warn on the way.

We have ATV routes all around our neighborhood and county so last night I took it out for about a 10 mile ride (after I minted it all out of course) - brought me back to my youth and riding motorcycle. So hard to not drive around without a giant, dorky smile on my face.

wheeler.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You motocross boys and your shiny toys! LOL! Did you go on a track safari? Your profile says Washington state, seems like Washougal would have been a lot closer?

Oh, Husaberg’s rule! LOL!
LOL. Washougal would be, but I did a bucket list trip to do the World Vet Championships at Glen Helen in 2021.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
LOL. Washougal would be, but I did a bucket list trip to do the World Vet Championships at Glen Helen in 2021.
Awesome! I rode that event in 2001 or 2002 on my 2001 FE501E Husaberg it was a hoot!

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In the Fall? Nothing like the challenge of being in the replay booth knowing you have to review every reviewable aspect of a play before the next snap gets off, or it is your ass! Keeps the brain young, (At least I hope)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah....What he said. You want to cure Fall boredom?????? Start your football officiating career. At the end of August when the first football game would roll around the wife would say, okay, I'll see you in December! You will be mentally and physically exhausted and you'll most likely hate people.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I actually had forgotten I still have my boat in the water. I need to pull that, the lift and docks. Maybe after a few more color runs!

Central MN is poppin' right now!

View attachment 209245
View attachment 209246
Great pictures!!!! The deciduous stuff is turning here in the hills too. But there hasn’t been a freeze yet? I just saw a Robin, must be the rear guard though as all of the others had bunched up and left weeks ago.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great pictures!!!! The deciduous stuff is turning here in the hills too. But there hasn’t been a freeze yet? I just saw a Robin, must be the rear guard though as all of the others had bunched up and left weeks ago.
I rode my motorcycle into campus today. Heavy fog made for some wet knees and faceshield. I'm glad I remembered I had heated grips about halfway. Another flannel morning, and t-shirt afternoon in store. We got down into the low 40's a couple weeks back, but yes, no freeze yet.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So jealous. We had a 110F heat index about 48 hours ago. So tired of this crap.....