• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 ar210 spark plug gap

Sgblaine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hate to ask, but I can not find this on the net anywhere. What is the correct gap for the ar210 spark plugs on a 2021 yamaha?

Thanks

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hate to ask, but I can not find this on the net anywhere. What is the correct gap for the ar210 spark plugs on a 2021 yamaha?

Thanks
The NGK plugs should come pre gapped. You can check to make sure they’re even.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a must to check each one. Many times I have seen them when checked not gapped right.

Your Gap is in the back of your manual.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should be the same. This is for my boat.

1687004993579.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Set them at the minimum of .028”. As the plugs “wear” the gap increases considerably over the course of 100 hours.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My plugs never see 100 hours. Every spring oil and plugs.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My plugs never see 100 hours. Every spring oil and plugs.
That’s a great routine!

I change mine once a year usually which I think this year put them at 110 hours(?) not sure, the year before it was 135 hours. The rpm’s had dropped off by a few hundred this year on the port engine so I changed them, and picked those revs back up, oil changes at 100 hours, I had read the manual wrong and was doing the oil changes at 50 hours, the oil isn’t too dark at 100 hours. If I could install a high bypass oil filtration system that wouldn’t crowd the engine bay I would, that is the key to making an engine last a very long time.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oil is cheap and plugs are cheap. I do a full maintenance every spring and run the whole boat and trailer. I also check the oil at the end of the season before winterizing. I take a sample from each engine and put them in their own glass jars to see if there is any water in them. If there is, then the oil would be swapped out before winterizing. Otherwise once I burn off the gas additive after the first shakedown run, is when I do maintenance.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oil is cheap and plugs are cheap. I do a full maintenance every spring and run the whole boat and trailer. I also check the oil at the end of the season before winterizing. I take a sample from each engine and put them in their own glass jars to see if there is any water in them. If there is, then the oil would be swapped out before winterizing. Otherwise once I burn off the gas additive after the first shakedown run, is when I do maintenance.
Have you ever done a UOA? That’s by far the best way to see what’s going on with the oil and the engine…I may have to send mine off for UOA at the next change. When I was running the high bypass oil filtration system on my last truck I was doing condition based oil changes, the same way the Navy / Over the road trucking industry does their oil changes.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just wanted to check if there was measurable water in the oil so the water won't sit in the block all winter.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just wanted to check if there was measurable water in the oil so the water won't sit in the block all winter.
Well if there was water it would be emulsified I’d think, I applaud your investigative process !

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not necessarily. Condensation can form while the engines are not running. And mine sit for a month or so just in case I can get out in the fall.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not necessarily. Condensation can form while the engines are not running. And mine sit for a month or so just in case I can get out in the fall.
The UOA will tell that tale as well. Again, good on ya for looking for it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its the weekend… I don’t usually boat on the weekends unless my friends who still work want to go out. I do chores on the weekends and will head out on Monday for one of my local Walleye lakes (south of me) that I have not been to yet this season. Went twice to the walleye lake (north of me) twice and caught a few 20” ones.