• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212 LTD S

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been following the forum for awhile and we are looking to upgrade and upsize to a 212 ltd s. Currently have a Regal 1900. Have an opportunity to purchase a 2019 LTD S with 55 hours for $55K. Was owned by a younger fella as a sandbar boat. Small chip I found that he said would deduct from price after getting a quote, but other than that the only thing that bothers me is the surface keel scratches from beaching. Apppears all cosmetic. He is including high speed Yamaha cover, some 8" Kicker tower speakers not yet wired, and 2 twist in sand anchors. Also all stock anchors, lines and fenders. All my research says this is a decent deal, and not a lot of these come along. They hold there value exceptionally well and his only reason for selling was a small child with another on the way. Hoping the Jetboat professionals could confirm and also curious about the process to paint the superficial keel scratches.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Been following the forum for awhile and we are looking to upgrade and upsize to a 212 ltd s. Currently have a Regal 1900. Have an opportunity to purchase a 2019 LTD S with 55 hours for $55K. Was owned by a younger fella as a sandbar boat. Small chip I found that he said would deduct from price after getting a quote, but other than that the only thing that bothers me is the surface keel scratches from beaching. Apppears all cosmetic. He is including high speed Yamaha cover, some 8" Kicker tower speakers not yet wired, and 2 twist in sand anchors. Also all stock anchors, lines and fenders. All my research says this is a decent deal, and not a lot of these come along. They hold there value exceptionally well and his only reason for selling was a small child with another on the way. Hoping the Jetboat professionals could confirm and also curious about the process to paint the superficial keel scratches.
In regards to the keel, just add a Keelguard and don’t worry about it. When installing you need to rough up the surface to install.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Been following the forum for awhile and we are looking to upgrade and upsize to a 212 ltd s. Currently have a Regal 1900. Have an opportunity to purchase a 2019 LTD S with 55 hours for $55K. Was owned by a younger fella as a sandbar boat. Small chip I found that he said would deduct from price after getting a quote, but other than that the only thing that bothers me is the surface keel scratches from beaching
:Welcome:

If the scratches are only in the gelcoat, you can probably buff them up or add a keel guard if that's what you want. If they're deeper, then you'll need repair work which should factor in to the price. Also since the boat was beached a lot, check the pumps and engines carefully to ensure there's no damage from sucking up sand. There could also be blockages in the cooling path from sediment buildup - definitely need to wet test the boat. This boat could be a good deal, but it could just as easily be a problem boat that he's trying to unload.

While these boats have shallow drafts it doesn't mean you can drive them in 18 inches of water - the intakes under the hull are like vacuums and will suck up rocks and debris from the bottom if operated in shallow water.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As @212s states, could be a great boat or a problem he’s trying to get rid of. He could be telling the truth or he could be lying, people lie all the time. It goes without saying you do not want a problem boat.

Was this boat used in fresh or salt water?

In addition to @212s suggestions:

I would get underneath and have a look at the impellers for dings and radial scratches / grooves in the wear rings.
With the engines off, push both throttles up so that the reverse gates open, use a bright flash light, not your phone flash light-the little AAA mag light led flashlights are super bright, and look up inside the pumps at the stators and past to the impellers for dings and such.
How do the sacrificial anodes look on the stern?
Does the steering operate freely lock to lock ?
What is the state of the engine bay? Is it clean?
While you are in the engine bay look at the bilge pump, there should be a red dot on the side where it says push here to test, test the bilge pump
Pull the mechanical hatch on the stern under the clean out plug hatch and look down in there with a flash light…specifically check the hose clamps and other fasteners for rust.
Using a bright flashlight look inside all the compartments.
How did the connext screen look when you turned on the ignition switches?
What’s the condition of the engine oil? Clean, dark black, in between, does it smell burnt?
Maintenance records?
Have a dealer either do a pre sale check, or at least have them check the ECU’s for all past alarms such as over heat, limp mode etc

Here’s a link to the FAQ thread on picking up a boat:

And lastly a good test on the water. After cruising at various rpm’s for 30 seconds at each rpm to check for smooth operation without surging, An extended cruise at best cruise, like 28-30 mph, 10 mins or so at least, and at least 5 mins at wide open throttle. After slowing down from wide open throttle I’d stop the engines for 10 mins at least then restart.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have an opportunity to purchase a 2019 LTD S with 55 hours for $55K. All my research says this is a decent deal, and not a lot of these come along. They hold there value exceptionally well and his only reason for selling was a small child with another on the way.
Since that boat was $55K MSRP in the fall of 2018, I'm having issue with that price. Even though NADA/JDPower is telling us that these are pulling $57K.

During COVID in the height of the season maybe, but COVID pricing is over, dealers have new stock, and the Northern half of the US has ice on the lakes. Maybe it's me, but that price is too high. Yes, A 222S is $70K, but an AR220 is under $55K new. And dealers are getting stock without names on them. Heck the last year of the 212s in 2022 still had an MSRP of $61K.

But I agree with the others comments on Cosmetics. If the keel is not down to fiberglass, scuff it and put on keel protection like the original owner should have.

Good luck.

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the replies so far, great information! As far as pricing, it has been pretty consistent with what I have seen in WI, except lower hours and some add ons included. We did price a new AR220, and they are substantially larger obviously this year....so storage and trailering come into play more. I am curious how the new AR220 will perfrom with the added weight and new design. They list at $54,900, but after freight and the surcharge you are back over $60K.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Buy the new boat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the replies so far, great information! As far as pricing, it has been pretty consistent with what I have seen in WI, except lower hours and some add ons included. We did price a new AR220, and they are substantially larger obviously this year....so storage and trailering come into play more. I am curious how the new AR220 will perfrom with the added weight and new design. They list at $54,900, but after freight and the surcharge you are back over $60K.
Those fees are real. But that still doesn't make a five year old used boat worth more than what it was new. (many back then had some discounts) And being consistent with other asking prices means nothing. Anyone in Wisconsin asking MSRP in the middle of winter will die with that boat. Those are dreamers looking for someone that has not done their homework.

That all being said, if you are happy with your purchase and you get something you can't find anywhere else, go for it. Just understand you will be upside down the minute it's yours. Ask your insurance agent how much they will insure it for. or the bank will lend you for it. That's a good indication of it's value.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Buy the new boat.
What he said - brand new boat with warranty and never used or abused (no scratches or possible pump damage). That's partly why we decided to buy a brand new boat - we wanted something newer and more modern, but the prices pushed us toward brand new to save the possibility of hassles. We've had no regrets buying the boat new and paying a little extra.

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since most are bad at updating, myself included...I figured I would post an update. After talking in person with some others on this thread, I did end up purchasing the boat, best decision ever...so far, lol. Put the keel guard on her, wired up the tower speakers with a new amp. We had a very warm and dry summer in Wisco so we put a bunch of hours on her this summer; wakeboarding, tubing, lots of swimming and some adult low speed sunset cruises. This boat has plenty of power, and is a blast to drive with the twin motors. The clean out ports have come in handy with a shallow weedy lake and is definitely a bonus of the Yamahas.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Since most are bad at updating, myself included...I figured I would post an update. After talking in person with some others on this thread, I did end up purchasing the boat, best decision ever...so far, lol. Put the keel guard on her, wired up the tower speakers with a new amp. We had a very warm and dry summer in Wisco so we put a bunch of hours on her this summer; wakeboarding, tubing, lots of swimming and some adult low speed sunset cruises. This boat has plenty of power, and is a blast to drive with the twin motors. The clean out ports have come in handy with a shallow weedy lake and is definitely a bonus of the Yamahas.
That’s awesome. Any input on the tower speakers? Are you happy with them, can how well can you hear them doing water sports and ect, what amp did you use?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just to confirm you bought the 2019 for $55K? Glad you had fun with it this summer.