• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

222S Design Issue with rear cup holders

TracyR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Hi - been trying to diagnose what is causing my new 222S to bilge (no kids, no water sports - yet) a LOT. Turns out that the rear cup holders empty into the lower compartment, they are not routed to a line that empties outside the boat. Took weeks for my dealer to figure this out. Don’t know if this is a design flaw or a bad build. Used black marine caulk to plug cup holder holes. No more water. Heads up.
Any one else find this issue?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Unreal.... does the boat have lil drains off the back corners? My 255xd has one on each side that the cup holders go into and then out the boat. I found my hoses not attached lol, but there. Otherwise they would drain directly into boat.

TracyR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
The boat does have drains off the back corner. They are tied to the 2nd row of cup holders - the ones that don’t get backwash each time you slow down. Interesting way to build the boat. I don’t see any drain lines in the far back of the boat. I’m going to contact Yamaha and see if this is truly a design flaw or if they forgot something. I don’t really expect an answer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fwiw,

The two forward most cup holders in the bow, two on the transom, and six of the eight rod holders in the cap rails didn’t have overboard drains attached to them, they drained into the bilge, two of the six rod holders drained into the two aft port / starboard storage compartments. I plugged the drains in the bow cup holders, bought some universal rod holder drains for those that didn’t have drains then tied everything together with 1/4” pvc tubing and tied them into the two deck drains I added.