• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you multipurpose your boat?

How pure is your boat usage? Do you:

• Total voters

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm looking at a 255FSH as our next boat......we don't fish at all......Is there a "Only ski from your fishing boat" option :D :D
That should be a choice!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No hooks, fish blood, or bait messes on our boat.
This.

We don’t really do anything other than cruise now - the Admirals kids are both of drinking age and they prefer drinking at the cove/sandbar over water sports. :-/

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The boat has really turned into a do-it-all for us. Wakeboard, tube, fish, and of course our favorite…..cove sitting. It’s really cool when you get the opportunity to go out before sunset and wakeboard on glass then finish with some casting from the swim step. Now my problem is turning into “how to organize all this stuff”. 🙂

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine started as a fishing boat, when I couldnt catch fish, it turns into pleasure boat then I started picking up trash in the spoil islands of indian river/Intracoastal, I now have a garbage boat :hungover:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine started as a fishing boat, when I couldnt catch fish, it turns into pleasure boat then I started picking up trash in the spoil islands of indian river/Intracoastal, I now have a garbage boat :hungover:

Also known as a skow…LOL!

Dude, you need to charter a capt and get dialed in on the fish!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
This.

We don’t really do anything other than cruise now - the Admirals kids are both of drinking age and they prefer drinking at the cove/sandbar over water sports. :-/
Same. I fish on my friends’ boats and they drink and do watersports on mine.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other than @zipper , who has one boat for each specific use case? 🤣
THAT would be the dream! I’d kill to own a surf boat and a nice enclosed cab fishing boat (both 25 footers). Then of course I’d need a bigger shop. 🙂

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other than @zipper , who has one boat for each specific use case? 🤣
Funny, that is why we buy old boats and fix them up. The 1985 Boston Whaler is a beater fishing boat with a 1985 2 stroke motor. The 1991 Beneteau was neglected as well as this 1991 PDQ. A lot of diy work went into the Beneteau to make her a turn key sailing vessel. The PDQ will need rebedding of just about everything on deck. I like dry boats. With that said, this cat will sail, fish and take us to the beach with her shallow draft instead of hanging out in 10+ feet of water and using our newest boat, a 2019 Zodiac rib to take us ashore. We actually use the dinghy alot. We use it as a waterfront taxi around Burlington harbor to visit waterfront bars and restaurants and go to the beach. I caught a nice smallmouth bass from it yesterday. Diversity is key for us, no one trick ponies in our fleet.

20231002_064823.jpg

We both like fishing and we never set up our 07 Yamaha for surfing, she was our skinny water beach boat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a boat for each occasion.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm looking at a 255FSH as our next boat......we don't fish at all......Is there a "Only ski from your fishing boat" option :D :D
HAHA same looking to go from a 210 in a couple years to a 255 once I get some more space to store it. No fishing at all though, its just a great all around hang out boat. That or a Scarab 285 ID if I can afford all the bells and whistles. That is unless I win the lotto then its the Fountain 38SC with Quad 450R's lmao

Legolas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It’s pretty common to see folks using their boats for more than just cruising. Fishing, wakeboarding, or even as a swim platform during the summer. Some even tweak their boats for camping trips (including me)! It’s all about getting creative. Speaking of tweaking, I recently added a trolling motor for my kayak. It's been a game-changer, especially for fishing trips where quiet and precise maneuvering is key. This way, I get to enjoy my kayak for more than just paddling around – it’s become a versatile tool for all sorts of water adventures.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
it’s pretty common to see folks using their boats for more than just cruising. Fishing, wakeboarding, or even as a swim platform during the summer. Some even tweak their boats for camping trips (including me)! It’s all about getting creative.
I‘ve camped out on mine several times and this winter hope to get a camper canvas of sorts made for it, just a rain fly so I don’t wake up to rain on my face.