• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller upgrade

Erikw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi looking to replace my impeller and wear ring . Its worn and time to replace.. I wanted to upgrade while is was in there. I have emailed Impros and they are recommending a Duel impeller Does anyone have any experience with a Dual Impeller or a stainless impeller that could tell me their thoughts. Thanks.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi looking to replace my impeller and wear ring . Its worn and time to replace.. I wanted to upgrade while is was in there. I have emailed Impros and they are recommending a Duel impeller Does anyone have any experience with a Dual Impeller or a stainless impeller that could tell me their thoughts. Thanks.
@swatski did a ton of testing with Impellers on his SX190. Basically found that the stock 6CW was the best all around solution. His testing threads are around here somewhere.

Never heard of a dual impeller.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dual impellers are not that uncommon. They are very good for holeshots or low speed / low end power, they can sacrifice some top end speed. I even considered one for my 210 FSH Sport.

Erikw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’m many looking to improve low speed performance. Towing tubes and wake boarders. Better power pulling out of turns. Has anyone used a dual impeller?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m many looking to improve low speed performance. Towing tubes and wake boarders. Better power pulling out of turns. Has anyone used a dual impeller?
Have you sealed the intake tunnel and put an L13 cone on yet? Those are both far less expensive and will all but eliminate cavitation. Also, I'm unsure what boating experience you have before the jet, but you have to adjust your driving style to the jet propulsion. Hammer down while turning won't work. Ease through the turn, then hammer down once pointed straight.

Erikw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have sealed the intake tunnel. My impeller and wear ring are worn out so they need replacement. I just thought if I'm replacing them anyway why not put something in that's better. I have read about the L13 cone and have read mixed reviews. I guessing no one has used this dual impeller set up on a jet boat before. Thanks for the reply.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have sealed the intake tunnel. My impeller and wear ring are worn out so they need replacement. I just thought if I'm replacing them anyway why not put something in that's better. I have read about the L13 cone and have read mixed reviews. I guessing no one has used this dual impeller set up on a jet boat before. Thanks for the reply.
The L13 or WetWolf Cones will definitely make an improvement. People who say otherwise were most likely hoping it was going to solve cavitation caused by other issues.

Erikw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So should I buy a New stock Impeller and housing or have my old Impeller repaired? Is the best set-up stock impeller and a cone? Should I even bother with a Stainless Impeller?
BTW I have a 2014 AR 192.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't change the impeller unless you're at altitude beyond 1,500ft or so. Only reason I would change otherwise is if you can't get your hands on stock parts before the next season begins. Nothing wrong with aftermarket, but I wouldn't upgrade just for the sake of upgrading.

I run a stock impeller, an L13 Cone, and a sealed tunnel with good success on my '17 AR190.

Dirtymunoz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to jump in but What about above 4500ft ? Would the cone help and ill search as too what you mean by sealed tunnel. I currently have the stock impeller for sea level and it hated me at this elevation where I'll be using it 90% of the time

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to jump in but What about above 4500ft ? Would the cone help and ill search as too what you mean by sealed tunnel. I currently have the stock impeller for sea level and it hated me at this elevation where I'll be using it 90% of the time
Call Glen at Impros and have him either re pitch your impellers for high altitude or buy an additional set and have him pitch them for high altitude. There are a lot of very satisfied customers that Glen has set up high altitude impellers for.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So should I buy a New stock Impeller and housing or have my old Impeller repaired? Is the best set-up stock impeller and a cone? Should I even bother with a Stainless Impeller?
BTW I have a 2014 AR 192.
If you are after improved low end performance and Glen at Impros suggested the dual impeller set up you can be sure that you will get increased low end performance without cavitation. If it was me, I’d have my oem impeller repaired and keep it as a spare In addition to the new dual impeller, and replace the wear ring.

Jgonzalez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't change the impeller unless you're at altitude beyond 1,500ft or so. Only reason I would change otherwise is if you can't get your hands on stock parts before the next season begins. Nothing wrong with aftermarket, but I wouldn't upgrade just for the sake of upgrading.

I run a stock impeller, an L13 Cone, and a sealed tunnel with good success on my '17 AR190.