• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this the right air filter - 195s 1.8 SVHO?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
going to do my 100hr this weekend. Looking at air filters - anyone know if this is correct? Would anyone recommend this? Maybe a slight performance improvement?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
going to do my 100hr this weekend. Looking at air filters - anyone know if this is correct? Would anyone recommend this? Maybe a slight performance improvement?

Looks right, following.

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
following, wondering if it will fit a 22, 212

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As long as the air box on our boats is the same size as the waverunners, which I believe it is.

It does state:
  • Fits All 1.8L SVHO, SHO & HO models

That is assuming we have the same air box. May be worth taking some dimensions, or comparing the OEM part numbers of the air filter for our boats in comparison to the waverunners. if they are the same, then this would be too.

Good luck,

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And the correct answer is, yes?

Here are the Yamaha air filters for a 2019 212s (or any boat with a 1.8ltr engine)
6AP-E4451-00-00

Here are the Yamaha air filters for a 2019 FX Cruiser HO (or any waverunner with a 1.8ltr engine)
6S5-E4451-00-00

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And the correct answer is, yes?

Here are the Yamaha air filters for a 2019 212s (or any boat with a 1.8ltr engine)
6AP-E4451-00-00

Here are the Yamaha air filters for a 2019 FX Cruiser HO (or any waverunner with a 1.8ltr engine)
6S5-E4451-00-00
Thanks! RIVA shows it replaces the OEM 6AP-E4451-00-00.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! RIVA shows it replaces the OEM 6AP-E4451-00-00.
Perfect, thank you for sharing that, as many are asking that question. It comes up often, but most need to understand that other than performance reasons, many will not change this filter until say 100hrs, or even longer. They are just not run in a dirty environment.

I do think the cost on these filters is inflated for this very reason. The demand is just so low. If this allowed it to breath a bit better, that may be interesting.

Good luck!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perfect, thank you for sharing that, as many are asking that question. It comes up often, but most need to understand that other than performance reasons, many will not change this filter until say 100hrs, or even longer. They are just not run in a dirty environment.

I do think the cost on these filters is inflated for this very reason. The demand is just so low. If this allowed it to breath a bit better, that may be interesting.

Good luck!
Yea agreed about not needing to change. Really don’t NEED to change mine it looks pretty clean. But curious about a performance gain.

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Yea agreed about not needing to change. Really don’t NEED to change mine it looks pretty clean. But curious about a performance gain.
I bet there would be minimal performance gain and slightly more sound but its just a guess.... I am going to order a set.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I bet there would be minimal performance gain and slightly more sound but its just a guess.... I am going to order a set.
Every slight bit of performance increase is welcome.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
What was the end result? Did you purchase the Riva filter and if so, any noticeable performance difference?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
many will not change this filter until say 100hrs, or even longer. They are just not run in a dirty environment.
According to my manual, it only requires checking every 100 hours, and replace when dirty or damaged. Mine are around 190 and still clean, no need to change them.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you get a set?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What was the end result? Did you purchase the Riva filter and if so, any noticeable performance difference?
I am still running the stock filter

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought a set of the K&N drop ins for my TR-1’s…sadly they were back ordered and did not get delivered until a couple of weeks ago after I had put the boat in the shop. If there’s a nice day in the near future I’ll pull the boat out for a day of fishing and see how they work. Over the summer I made a four runs across the lake on a 90° day, two with the OEM air filters in and two without the OEM air filters, I picked up 250 rpm’s with the OEM filters removed so hoping that the K&N filters will yield the same results as not having the OEM filters in.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bumping this thread because looking at the prices of these filters ARE F'ING INSANE. Are these things made out of pressed $20 bills with real silver or something? OEM $165 per, JBP $126?! Are you kidding me?!