• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new tow vehicle

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well done boys!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks sharp! Congrats on the new ride! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does yours have the duramax engine? Kinda looks like it from the exhaust pipe.
Yes, it's the duramax with the new 10-speed transmission. Spent five weeks in September and October pulling my 30' 5th wheel a little over 8k miles. NY to California and back, over a bunch of mountain passes. Rarely shifted on the way up those high passes, and that engine brake is a DREAM on the way back down.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, it's the duramax with the new 10-speed transmission. Spent five weeks in September and October pulling my 30' 5th wheel a little over 8k miles. NY to California and back, over a bunch of mountain passes. Rarely shifted on the way up those high passes, and that engine brake is a DREAM on the way back down.
Very cool! I have the Ford variant, but a 350. the GM’s and Fords are just super fantastic tow vehicles, the 10 speed (Ford and GM worked together on the 10 speed) transmissions are just awesome. And the engine brake! I tow my 30’ Toy hauler all over.. just got back from a 2,000 mile trip, had another 1500 mile trip back in May, put the trans in tow haul, set the engine brake to auto, set the cruise cruise control then just steer. So much less fatiguing that using a wrist shaker!

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "wrist shaker". No idea what that is in this context, and I'm certainly not googling that term at the office!
A wrist shaker is a manual transmission… I don’t think that any of the light duty trucks can be had with them anymore.

I was a manual transmission only guy for a very long time, but the new 10 speed has a manual shift function via a rocker switch on the shift lever, and that same rocker switch can be used to lock out gears, say you don’t want the trans to shift into a gear higher than fifth, you just remove 6-10. The select ability of the gears makes it possible to keep the revs right in the fat part of the power band / good boost like you could with a manual. And there are several shifting maps that are selectable from a button on the end of the shift lever, Normal, Tow/Haul, Eco, Slippery, and deep sand / snow. If the transmission is in tow / haul and your slowing down the trans will down shift to utilize engine braking power, and if you get on the brakes hard the trans downshifts very fast. All that equals a quantum leap forward in automatic transmission function when compared to the E4OD transmissions of the early 2000’s. Of course there was generational improvements with ford going to the five speed / pseudo six speed trans, GM had the Allison etc…. I wish my Dad was still around to see how far trucks have come in their ability to tow all kinds of trailers, from a tow capacities of 10,000# to the current tow capacity of my single rear wheel truck capacity of 21,000#…duallies are now up in the 30,000# range, just incredible.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
When I bought mine 2 years ago there were basically no trucks around and certainly no 2500's. 21 1500 AT4 5.3L 35K miles. I still want an HD even though I really don't need one.Tow vehicle and Boat.jpg

Last edited:

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
When I bought mine 2 years ago there were basically no trucks around and certainly no 2500's. 21 1500 AT4 5.3L 35K miles. I still want an HD even though I really don't need one.View attachment 212192
I did the 10 month wait on a 22 2500HD Denali. Ordered it in August of 21 and took delivery in June of 22. I had 5 on order from 5 different dealerships. I have 30k on it now and towing anything I have is a dream. That 6.6 Duramax and Allison is way more than I need but nice to have. Set it and forget it, I travel across some mountains on a regular basis and set two things on the interstate, the cruise control at 78 and flip the exhaust break on. It rarely downshifts uphill and holds within 1mph uphill or downhill. Waaaay more truck than I need but it sure is nice.

Had a Ram 2500 2023 Cummins as a rental recently and made the same trip. Nice truck but I prefer the 10 speed over the 6 in the Ram.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the 10 month wait on a 22 2500HD Denali. Ordered it in August of 21 and took delivery in June of 22. I had 5 on order from 5 different dealerships. I have 30k on it now and towing anything I have is a dream. That 6.6 Duramax and Allison is way more than I need but nice to have. Set it and forget it, I travel across some mountains on a regular basis and set two things on the interstate, the cruise control at 78 and flip the exhaust break on. It rarely downshifts uphill and holds within 1mph uphill or downhill. Waaaay more truck than I need but it sure is nice.

Had a Ram 2500 2023 Cummins as a rental recently and made the same trip. Nice truck but I prefer the 10 speed over the 6 in the Ram.
Overkill is underrated …The Duramax with the 10 speed is an awesome combination! There’s always a gear to keep it in the fat part of the power band at any speed.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

If I have to calculate weight, I ain't pulling it. Love the set it and forget it, stress free towing... no such thing as overkill!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Peak torque is at 1600 rpm. At 78 mph it is turning 1625…. Bullet proof
That’s about the same as my ford 6.7… I think mine might be a bit higher rpm at that speed since I ordered the 3.55 end gears. These power plants make amazing tow vehicles… I remember as kid watching my Dad row the four speed gear box just keep the rig going 35 mph up grades and there was a whirlpool in the gas tank while doing so. I can drop the hammer going up the on ramp in my rig towing 11,000 pounds and getting on the freeway and be above the speed limit as I merge into traffic.. I’m sure your Duramax does the same.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That’s about the same as my ford 6.7… I think mine might be a bit higher rpm at that speed since I ordered the 3.55 end gears. These power plants make amazing tow vehicles… I remember as kid watching my Dad row the four speed gear box just keep the rig going 35 mph up grades and there was a whirlpool in the gas tank while doing so. I can drop the hammer going up the on ramp in my rig towing 11,000 pounds and getting on the freeway and be above the speed limit as I merge into traffic.. I’m sure your Duramax does the same.
I used to haul a six horse trailer with a tack room with a Chevy dually 454 and a 4 speed. Had two saddle tanks and a 100 gallon bed tank. What a difference with the same/similar weight behind this truck (and fuel mileage). I wouldn’t go back for anything. I have only had 16k conventional on it one time and the truck didn’t shrug. The new technology across the manufacturers is amazing.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

The eight speed is the standard transmission in the Ram. I don’t understand why they offer a 6 speed?

Jim