• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
In Charlotte for internal auditor and supplier auditor training at the Siemens Energy factory this week. Went to go visit a coating supplier we use in Hickory and captured this guy flying over the freeway on our way back into Charlotte this evening.
IMG_5473.jpeg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went to Floatopia on sunday (no pics, only took videos) Enjoying the florida sun, but I definitely need to go more south from Stuart! It's too quiet here. I'm looking to go down to like Fort Lauderdale, Delray Beach, etc. Trying to find a room to rent down there for 2 months before I go to Colombia. I'm sure airbnb would be too expensive. This Saturday I told my dad we need to go to do wakesurfing early in the morning.

IMG_7308.jpg
IMG_7306.jpg

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just finished up with what I believe is the last of the nailers and waiting on joist tape to arrive. Probably pick up deck boards tomorrow or Tuesday evening and at least get them on site.
View attachment 217733
Your joist spacing is way too large for that trex, gonna be wavy as hell after some hot summers. You can barely get away with 24"oc with the non-scalloped boards

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your joist spacing is way too large for that trex, gonna be wavy as hell after some hot summers. You can barely get away with 24"oc with the non-scalloped boards
What’s the suggestion?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So it rained a few days ago and I didn’t think much of it, until I saw this under my boat.

It’s funny how perception changes with age and experience. When I first started boating over 25 years ago i would have thought this is terrible and possibly expensive and time consuming to fix. Now I think, it’s not that bad. The darkest spot is a chip not a hole and the fiberglass / gel coat in that area is still hard as a rock.
IMG_5227.jpegIMG_5229.jpegIMG_5230.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So it rained a few days ago and I didn’t think much of it, until I saw this under my boat.

It’s funny how perception changes with age and experience. When I first started boating over 25 years ago i would have thought this is terrible and possibly expensive and time consuming to fix. Now I think, it’s not that bad. The darkest spot is a chip not a hole and the fiberglass / gel coat in that area is still hard as a rock.
View attachment 218257View attachment 218258View attachment 218259
Try and get to the other side of that hole so you can seal up the fiberglass.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try and get to the other side of that hole so you can seal up the fiberglass.
I plan to. It burns because I caused the problem when I installed mounts in the head compartment to hold the table leg, i used a couple of screws that were just a bit too long. I’ve since back the screws out or removed them but the only way I can get to the area from the inside is to drill some bigger holes in the floor of the head compartment / inner hull. Not a big deal but it has to get done correctly or I may be looking at a much bigger issue in the future.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just took a moment while booting up my work PC to appreciate the beautiful sunrise this morning here in NCal. I can’t believe I resisted working from home for so long. This is the view from my home office window.

On some hot afternoons it’s common for me to look out and see women walking by in bikinis. I live a mile from the marina and the community center with pool is behind my house.IMG_5238.jpegIMG_5237.jpeg

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I plan to. It burns because I caused the problem when I installed mounts in the head compartment to hold the table leg, i used a couple of screws that were just a bit too long. I’ve since back the screws out or removed them but the only way I can get to the area from the inside is to drill some bigger holes in the floor of the head compartment / inner hull. Not a big deal but it has to get done correctly or I may be looking at a much bigger issue in the future.
Time to install a floor access panel in the head......
Innovative Access Plate - 9" x 14" | Boat Outfitters

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really need to get my TIG machine set up…

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Finished class early today, went and saw this sculpture, I guess it’s a pretty big deal.. then hit Mac’s Speed Shop for a late lunch.
IMG_5474.jpegIMG_5475.jpegIMG_5476.jpeg

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What’s the suggestion?
If that's Trex enhance like I believe it is, the manual says minimum 16"oc with 12"oc recommended, stairs should be 9"oc. Just built a deck with the stuff, have to be very careful to make sure your joists are in plane as well or you'll get waves and standing water.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took my friends to see this show…not usually my thing but I saw a show when I was in china several years ago that was classical / historical chinese dance / theater, I love history. By the way, if you have Prime video I suggest Detective Dee, there are four episodes start with the one about the fire worms, it’s in Chinese with English subtitles..a great detective story based closely on the time period when china had its only woman ruler. A very cool thing that they did before the show started was they were adamant that cell phones be turned OFF, not silent, but OFF. I could still see apple watches lighting up and people checking their phones during the performance, they were not “in the moment” so they did not fully enjoy the experience.

613E600C-E367-4A9C-8349-87B1970DA36F.jpeg

Last edited: