• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Started the replacement boat search after a 3 year hiatus

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s awesome! I hope she has a very speedy recovery with no chemo or immunotherapy..

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My wife is out of surgery and in a private room at Mayo! Dr said all went well. No sign of invasion in any of her other nearby organs. She didn’t need any blood during surgery. They want her to get up and walk this afternoon/evening, apparently people who walk to get lymphatic fluids, etc… moving, recover faster and better than if they don’t. They will monitor her blood levels closely for the next 24hrs. Even though she didn’t need blood during, her levels could fluctuate enough that she might afterwards. Since the mass was completely contained within her kidney they are highly optimistic that she may not need chemo or immunotherapy, but they’re leaving that up to the oncologist here in AL. They say if all continues to go well, they expect she’ll be released by Saturday morning at the latest. Thanks for all the prayers!
Great news - thoughts and prayers!!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It keeps getting better. She was released yesterday evening and will be chilling in a condo in Minneapolis with her sister for the next week or two before returning home.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm sure being released and getting away from there is just as powerful and motivating as the treatment was. Mentally that's a huge win! Love hearing the progress. Love it!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It keeps getting better. She was released yesterday evening and will be chilling in a condo in Minneapolis with her sister for the next week or two before returning home.
Pretty much right on schedule! Excellent!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Mayo is amazing. That place runs like a well oiled machine. They know what they're doing and how to do it well. They made her feel like she was the only patient in the whole hospital. I don’t recommend needing a major surgery, but if you do, Mayo is definitely where I’d recommend having it.

rmk600

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any update on your wife or the search? I too am looking into another Yamaha (my 3rd) and currently wanting a 275 as the last boat I had was a new 242 Limited S E-Series. Loved it. Think I want a bit more size if I'm gonna get another one though. I'm in the coastal waters of the FL Panhandle. Saw a 2023 275SDX for 150k at Gulf Shores Powersports that seems like a good deal. Leftover new boat.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry. I've been messaging with some other members privately but for got to post any updates here.

Wife flew home from MN on March 5th. Lots of uncomfortableness internally when she came home but that subsided over the past few weeks. She still on a lifting restriction but was able to return to work with me this past weekend. She gets tired really easily but she says she feels much better.

Local oncologist is doing an MRI tomorrow morning with the follow up on Thursday morning. Mayo saw 2 small spots on her spine in her neck that they wanted to get a better look at to make sure that they weren't metastases. The spots are on 2 discs there were previously noted to show signs of degenerative disc disease. The oncologist thinks that is what is showing up on the MRI from Mayo, but we will know for sure on Thursday.

Surgeon reported that all margins were clear when the tumor was removed, and noted that all scans look clear except for the 2 spots in her neck. As for how the future will go..... they are suggesting that she do immunotherapy (Keytruda). But they want to wait a few more weeks/months to start it. They are going to do some kind of DNA test of her blood sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. I don't fully understand it as it's way above my pay grade. Apparently cancer cells shed DNA into your blood stream, so they are going to take a DNA sample from the tumor that was removed and try to match that to DNA in a blood sample they will take. They just have to wait long enough for any lingering DNA that had been shed from the removed tumor to be filtered out by the one good kidney she has left I guess. If they find a match to the DNA, they will wait a few weeks and do another test to see if the numbers are decreasing. If the numbers are decreasing or come back 0, which is ideal, she may not have to do immunotherapy at all. So we still have a few more weeks of waiting to do, but the doctors seem optimistic from the information that they have thus far, so we are trying to be as well.

As far as the boat search goes. My local dealer has really stepped up and helped me out on a 255XD in Slate Blue. Boat, trailer, mooring cover, and a group 31 house battery...... $112k + tax. They are working on setting it up as we speak so that we can do a water test on Thursday hopefully. I'm pretty positive that I don't need a water test, but if they are going to let me come pick it up and spend a day on it before purchasing it, who am I to say no. I feel like they are being pretty fair on price, but from being in powersport sales for a good portion of my life, I know when it comes to purchasing toys, perception is reality when talking price especially.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, they have been felt and appreciated. Hopefully I'll be updating my forum signature pic and details later this week!

Any update on your wife or the search? I too am looking into another Yamaha (my 3rd) and currently wanting a 275 as the last boat I had was a new 242 Limited S E-Series. Loved it. Think I want a bit more size if I'm gonna get another one though. I'm in the coastal waters of the FL Panhandle. Saw a 2023 275SDX for 150k at Gulf Shores Powersports that seems like a good deal. Leftover new boat.
I really wanted to go bigger as well, but for me trailering to local lakes and rivers, a 275 just didn't make sense. I think on coastal waters you will love it.

rmk600

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good to hear man! Hopefully everything goes well and she continues to get better. I'm a Nurse in the Operating Room area of the hospital. I do nerve blocks with our Anesthesiologists and have helped nephrectomy patients plenty of times. Not a small surgery by any means.

I hear ya on the trailering aspect of the 275. I'm still debating to upgrade in the same size boat or look at going bigger.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They are going to do some kind of DNA test of her blood sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. I don't fully understand it as it's way above my pay grade. Apparently cancer cells shed DNA into your blood stream, so they are going to take a DNA sample from the tumor that was removed and try to match that to DNA in a blood sample they will take.
They're looking for circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), in case you want to read more about it. Relatively recent advance in identifying post-surgical patients who are at risk of recurrence (better than the 'wait and see' approach), so its a good sign her physician is up to date. Keytruda isn't anything to be too concerned about, its quite a remarkable drug with a very good safety profile, and none of the traditional chemo side effects.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
They're looking for circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), in case you want to read more about it. Relatively recent advance in identifying post-surgical patients who are at risk of recurrence (better than the 'wait and see' approach), so its a good sign her physician is up to date. Keytruda isn't anything to be too concerned about, its quite a remarkable drug with a very good safety profile, and none of the traditional chemo side effects.
Thanks. Yeah, her oncologist said that the concept was fairly new, but that it worked very very well for Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma compared to most scans. He said that ccRCC was hard to see in scans until it's a pretty large cluster of cells.

I'll pass the Keytruda info along to my wife.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Dealer finished setting up the boat this morning so they let us come pick it up and spend the day on it before we purchase it.

We really like it. The power steering is gonna take some getting used to though. It’s got tons of power, 56mph with a head wind in choppy water. The stereo is quite anemic. It’s seems to be tuned really well and sounds nice, but it’s really weak. Got some noticeable cavitation with hard acceleration off idle, but nothing that the Lucky 13 cones can’t fix. Overall we’re happy with it and will be following thru with the purchase tomorrow or Saturday most likely.

Now I guess I get to find out how “ok” my wife really is with my first round of modifications.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well….. we did it!!

IMG_4472.jpeg

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes!! I do love that color and interior. You and your wife have a great time on it...Congrats brother