• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Torsion axle trailer conversion

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am in the process of rebuilding my 2020 210 FSH trailer and something I would have been interested in purchasing would have been a torsion axle conversion. What I found out is the shorelandr springs are not a standard size, cost 2 to 3 times a standard spring, are hard to find, and only last me 3 years. Not to mention I also needed the equalizer bar kit.
I looked online at torsion axles that were in stock and couldnt find any that would give enough clearance between the tire and fender but would think there would be an opportunity for a company such as JBP to pick out some axles from tie down engineering or similar that would work as a replacement on the shorelandr trailers . It would have been a custom build for me but I didnt have time so ended up ordering the springs again.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your trailer woes…. Sounds like you need to get that crc 665 by the 25 gallon drum!

The actual boat trailer part of our trailers’ sits in an axle truck…there was that thread about a member here / 210 FSH owner slipping a piece of aluminum bar stock in between the truck and the actual trailer to get the boat away from the fenders. Sounds like the only option would be to get a more standard axle truck assembly and swap out the shoreland’r axle truck, or perhaps cut the axle hangers off of the truck and weld on new hangers that would hold standard springs, and use the stock axles themselves.

Did you have to replace the spring hanger bushings as well?

Could you post the part numbers you got from shoreland’r for other members?