• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! I do think I got the cover on in such a way that it will stay put. Fingers crossed. As for the leak, that amount of water getting isn't going to cause the boat to, like, sink...is it? :eek:

The battery is on so the bilge pump should activate as needed, right?
How did your bilge pump take care of the water that you mentioned above in post #829? Did it happen manually or automatically? You should test your bilge pump at least annually by putting in the drain plugs and filling the bilge with a hose, also pop the bilge pump out of its base to check for debris. As far as the automatic bilge function and your battery, check your owners manual on how the bilge pump operates and what position the battery switch needs to be in. The late model boats started coming with the auto side of the bilge pump wired directly to the battery.

Follow the leak chasing @drewkaree suggested to chase down your leaks, I’d venture most of the water is coming in while you are underway via the clean out tray and mechanical access hatch, some could be getting in via the anchor locker drain as well. Seal and Peel is an easy way to seal up the clean out tray. As @Cobra Jet Steering LLC and others have suggested, try using a toilet seal wax gasket material on the seal of the clean out plug to make it seal well,going to try that myself here soon.

I know logistically you have some challenges, but you might want to consider adding another bilge pump in your boat for redundancy and capacity.

Glad to see you are making it out on the water!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cleaned the engine bay and tested both bilge pumps.
IMG_1395.jpeg