• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On a positive note, at least you get points for sucking up a rope🤷🏼‍♂️
I will take the points on behalf of my brother, I wasn’t onboard at the time (the rope man was feeling terrible about what happened). The bright side being it happened after the last tubing session of the day/weekend. Running out of gas was the another issue. Only the second time since I owned the boat but this time according to my bother there were no “low fuel” warning messages displayed. Maybe the coding in the year 2017 ecms is different than that is the 2010 ecms. Whatever the case maybe, I plan to fuel up as soon as the meter reads 1/4 tank from now on.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Few upgrades to the boat
RGB all around
MC1 HU
Shadowcastr 4z BB
custom sundeck seat covers (anti foot roast kit)IMG_1583.jpegIMG_1582.jpegIMG_1576.jpegIMG_1446.jpeg

CanTex

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat came out of storage and goes in the slip tomorrow. Today was; wash and wax, install batteries, oil change…still need to tackle impeller.
Purchased Trinova foam cannon, fun to use makes you want to wash everything. Foamy soap layer was meh…I was using Walmart car soap at a 50:50 ratio. More trial and error in my future. Wife enjoyed the heck out of foam cannon!!! IMG_1942.jpegIMG_1945.jpegIMG_1943.jpeg

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ribs, I did the exact same thing yesterday. All I kept thinking about was how I had to pay tax on a boat (used) that someone else had already paid tax on with my money that was first taxed.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ribs, I did the exact same thing yesterday. All I kept thinking about was how I had to pay tax on a boat (used) that someone else had already paid tax on with my money that was first taxed.
And to think how far we've come from being angry about some tea!

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ever since I sucked up a rope I have had cavitation in the port jet. I pulled the pump and the impeller is like brand new for a 15 yo boat. The wear ring looks good as well. The sealant in the water tunnel was not the smoothest, so I filled it in with 3M 4200. Hopefully that will help. Any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ever since I sucked up a rope I have had cavitation in the port jet. I pulled the pump and the impeller is like brand new for a 15 yo boat. The wear ring looks good as well. The sealant in the water tunnel was not the smoothest, so I filled it in with 3M 4200. Hopefully that will help. Any suggestions are welcome.
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC has mentioned something in the past about a nylon wear ring vs stainless, and swapping out for the nylon one was the better solution. Don't quote me on that, hopefully he'll chime in, or have some other ideas

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat came out of storage and goes in the slip tomorrow. Today was; wash and wax, install batteries, oil change…still need to tackle impeller.
Purchased Trinova foam cannon, fun to use makes you want to wash everything. Foamy soap layer was meh…I was using Walmart car soap at a 50:50 ratio. More trial and error in my future. Wife enjoyed the heck out of foam cannon!!! View attachment 217123View attachment 217124View attachment 217125
Looks like your up there in Conroe?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We live in Spring but have a small place on Cedar Creek Lake where we keep the boat - 3 hours north of Spring, 1 hour south of Dallas
How do you like the lake? Is it stumpy?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
20240331_171945.jpg

After 5 years in a lift/wet slip, got tired of paying so much for the marina, we have moved to dry storage.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 217283

After 5 years in a lift/wet slip, got tired of paying so much for the marina, we have moved to dry storage.
What's something like that cost in places with lots of boats? We have a similar setup, but gravel instead of pavement and not great roof/walls. We have a tall spot on the end for $185 a month, no power/water/nothing, just a parking spot.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's something like that cost in places with lots of boats? We have a similar setup, but gravel instead of pavement and not great roof/walls. We have a tall spot on the end for $185 a month, no power/water/nothing, just a parking spot.
Dunno where you're at, as it's not listed on your profile, but I'm in WI. In 2019, indoor dry storage for me varied, but the price for my spot, 50 yards from the launch, was listed around $800 for the season. The "season" was considered April-October. @

@WiskyDan had my identical setup last year, so maybe he can add to it

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dunno where you're at, as it's not listed on your profile, but I'm in WI. In 2019, indoor dry storage for me varied, but the price for my spot, 50 yards from the launch, was listed around $800 for the season. The "season" was considered April-October. @

@WiskyDan had my identical setup last year, so maybe he can add to it
Western Oregon. We're across the street from the launch as well, but it's a lake I would never put my boat in. Hour drive north to get the boat, 1.5 hours south to the lake, 1.5 hours north to store the boat, hour drive home. I try to split it up over 2 days, but that's the best we have out here.

I'd move and build a shop, but we're stuck for a few years until the kids are done with school (and maybe mortgage rates drop a bit).

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We do in/out service at Skipper Buds in Oshkosh. Basically the boat is stored in a warehouse on it's trailer and when we want to use it we hook it up to the truck and then back it into the marina's private boat ramp about 50 yards from the warehouse. This keeps it safe/dry/secure and allows me to work on it (mostly cleaning/organizing) even when it's raining and I choose when it's inside/outside. This worked out really well and another advantage is that there are two gas stations about 1/4 mile from the marina that we filled up at every weekend which saved us some $$$.

The cost for the inside in/out service was about $1300 this year but they also have outside storage which is cheaper.

I did dry-stack the first three years in Oshkosh which was OK but getting the boat put away when I was done with it didn't always happen - it sat in a wet slip until the staff had time which could be 1/2 days. I also had issues where people were bouncing off my boat when docking in the double slips which got old.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kind of what I thought, much more affordable. I'm at $2200 a year for outside covered storage in a gravel lot, dusty dusty dusty. No work allowed, no tools allowed, no nothing but parking. Seems to be secure and they keep it up pretty well, but the price hurts a bit. We were paying $115 for uncovered gravel parking, $185 with a roof seemed like a steal :confused: