• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No photos; twas too damn hot. So this may not have happened:

Tried to replace the partially-stripped bleeder screws on the trailer and bleed the brakes. Replacement screws fit, but would not seal (I think the point was too pointy). Could not find any of the right kind locally. So put the old ones back in and used my new power bleeder to bleed. I smiled when the brakes locked up when the guy with the tractor tried to back it into my stall...

Power bleeder pro tip: release the pressure BEFORE trying to disconnect the thingy from the master cylinder. Otherwise it is likely to spray brake fluid everywhere....

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Tried to replace the partially-stripped bleeder screws on the trailer and bleed the brakes. Replacement screws fit, but would not seal (I think the point was too pointy). Could not find any of the right kind locally. So put the old ones back in and used my new power bleeder to bleed. I smiled when the brakes locked up when the guy with the tractor tried to back it into my stall...

Power bleeder pro tip: release the pressure BEFORE trying to disconnect the thingy from the master cylinder. Otherwise it is likely to spray brake fluid everywhere....
I'm so glad for you that never happened, that sounds like a frustrating thing that you missed 😉

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Which power bleeder do you have / get? Happy with it?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey quick question! My Ladder started having issues and will not close properly unless I forcefully push it in. I think my big boned brother might be the culprit. I wonder if its also bent and needs replacing. Also can I remove the bow ladder (never used) and replace the stern ladder or are they different? 2021 252x
FWIW,

There was a post about a guy with a 190 who had the bent tubes towards the top, I had the same issue at about the same time. Used a 1&1/8” hitch pin to straighten out the tube.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nice! I just got the same one. I’m getting a little more involved in the install. Did you use factory transducer?

View attachment 203223
No transducer, mostly use it for better charts.
Chesapeake bay has a ton of underwater surprises. Garmin notes those pretty well.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No transducer, mostly use it for better charts.
Chesapeake bay has a ton of underwater surprises. Garmin notes those pretty well.
Same, I am going to try to work with a buddy to create to a THarness to use the factory one. The factory nav is such garbage

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which power bleeder do you have / get? Happy with it?
Got the Motive. Difficult to get (took a long time, order confusion). No directions, but it is not complicated if you already know brakes. Pretty well made, tho. Overall, did make the job much easier.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got my battery compartment all cleaned up... New battery trays and 3rd battery installed. IMG_2801.jpg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
During last night's God-awful thunderstorm (at the airport they clocked gusts of 97 mph--strongest ever on record, including during hurricanes...), I replaced my fishfinder with an upgraded Garmin fishfinder/chartplotter. ECHOMAP 93sv. Look, ma! Real charts! I just used the old transducer (plugged right in), so all I had to do was swap the power cable. Even the mount fit right where I had the old one...
View attachment 202618View attachment 202619
Will you be out on Lanier for the fireworks tomorrow? Looks like another chance for storms. Hopefully if they happen it won't be like yesterday. We were out in the rain last 4th of July.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Matching vinyl rear seats added to an AR250 and a 4th XS power 3000 battery

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good.
Is that a Yamaha Battery tray or a generic one for cars?

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgot to add I also added the head shelf and rod.

Attachments

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a suggestion for your trailer guides - I have the same ones on my trailer. I added these cushioned covers to the posts and it reduced the stress level steering the boat onto the trailer, no pvc transfer to the nice new paint on the boat if you happen to hit one of them.
Thanks. I have been thinking about changing them out to the straight vertical ones but I will have a look at those covers.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Based on the pics alone you can tell what I did. That is I removed parts of the tow line that my brother, not I, ran over at the end of the last run of the weekend. Removal was very easy once the boat was on the trailer but my plan was to get the boat back to the ramp and onto the trailer with the unclogged pump and engine. I got about 50 yards out when the engine died (the boat ran out of gas). So I relaunched a Waverunner, put some fuel in it and towed the boat back to the ramp. Simple conceptually but it took over and hour and the air temp was right around 103 at the time. It was a hard end to an otherwise great camping weekend with my extended family and friends.

I also note that the marina’s debit / credit card machine was not functioning so I had to pay in cash. $6.75 per gallon of 87 octane. You cannot bring in your own fuel so either pay their price or take your boat or pwc(s) to a local on land gas station, the closest being at least seven miles from the ramp.
IMG_2885.jpegIMG_2879.jpeg

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on the pics alone you can tell what I did. That is I removed parts of the tow line that my brother, not I, ran over at the end of the last run of the weekend. Removal was very easy once the boat was on the trailer but my plan was to get the boat back to the ramp and onto the trailer with the unclogged pump and engine. I got about 50 yards out when the engine died (the boat ran out of gas). So I relaunched a Waverunner, put some fuel in it and towed the boat back to the ramp. Simple conceptually but it took over and hour and the air temp was right around 103 at the time. It was a hard end to an otherwise great camping weekend with my extended family and friends.

I also note that the marina’s debit / credit card machine was not functioning so I had to pay in cash. $6.75 per gallon of 87 octane. You cannot bring in your own fuel so either pay their price or take your boat or pwc(s) to a local on land gas station, the closest being at least seven miles from the ramp.
View attachment 204376View attachment 204377
On a positive note, at least you get points for sucking up a rope🤷🏼‍♂️

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
fixing what should have been warranty work from crap quality builds