• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What might be in store for 2023?

Jakob Grimm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
29' is my guess...have to one-up Scarab. It will require an entire nozzle/jet redesign though because the steering on the 275 is horrid...

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The rumor mill that was passed on to me recently, this week, is that there could be an all new 21'. Whether that is the whole line or just an addition of one I am unsure. 30th is when information should be released. 2023 models won't be going till after that, so looks like September before they start showing up.

Take it for what it is worth.
I'm really interested in seeing a new 21'. For me, ideally it would have a new stern seating configuration. I'm looking primarily for a boat for 2 - 4 people and as a couples boat I don't need U-shape seating, and would prefer more cockpit floor area like the newer 19' has to side mount a table. Would also love to see a port side captain's chair or maybe a flip flop seat in place of the bench.

Jim

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm really interested in seeing a new 21'. For me, ideally it would have a new stern seating configuration. I'm looking primarily for a boat for 2 - 4 people and as a couples boat I don't need U-shape seating, and would prefer more cockpit floor area like the newer 19' has to side mount a table. Would also love to see a port side captain's chair or maybe a flip flop seat in place of the bench.

Jim
I bet you get what you are asking for. As they would more than likely introduce the 212x/s with those features first. And the 212S/212X models have twin captains chairs now. It used to be the AR's had a bench, for more viewing of water sports and twin captains in the SX models with no tower.

They have since switched it to the x/s models with twin captains chairs. I think they have gone back and forth on that option over the years. A revised stern is very probable. And SVHO on X/S as well as a potential SS is highly likely.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Says big things are coming,,,, a 30foot with tripples?
That is an interesting concept… a 30’ Yamaha boat.

I keep wondering if and when Yamaha will start producing non jet drive boats.. they certainly have the power plants for outboard configurations… with Yamaha making boats with such bang for the buck, it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for them to make a line of Dual Console & Center Console pleasure / fishing boats using their line of outboards which are arguably the most technologically advanced and reliable on the market.

During a recent interview, a Yamaha corporate person was talking about how Yamaha is focusing on bringing the full digital controlled outboards to the mid range of outboards, 75-115 hp range. The digital engines then have the capability to have Yamaha’s helm master system added to them which brings an tremendous increase in maneuverability when applied to multi engine power plants, not to mention a direct tie in with auto pilot systems.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sweet, at least it is a Saturday...... When it is during the week, my whole work day is shot since I would be reading all things Yamaha :)
I see you on here, you work about as much as me :cool:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is an interesting concept… a 30’ Yamaha boat.

I keep wondering if and when Yamaha will start producing non jet drive boats.. they certainly have the power plants for outboard configurations… with Yamaha making boats with such bang for the buck, it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for them to make a line of Dual Console & Center Console pleasure / fishing boats using their line of outboards which are arguably the most technologically advanced and reliable on the market.

During a recent interview, a Yamaha corporate person was talking about how Yamaha is focusing on bringing the full digital controlled outboards to the mid range of outboards, 75-115 hp range. The digital engines then have the capability to have Yamaha’s helm master system added to them which brings an tremendous increase in maneuverability when applied to multi engine power plants, not to mention a direct tie in with auto pilot systems.
I think this has been shared before. Yamaha does, they are distributed in Asia. They have yet to see the feasibility of US distribution in those markets, which are highly competitive.

For many years they have built Yamaha branded with Yamaha outboards from 21' on up over 30'

Check out the latest: マリン製品 | ヤマハ発動機 (yamaha-motor.co.jp)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think this has been shared before. Yamaha does, they are distributed in Asia. They have yet to see the feasibility of US distribution in those markets, which are highly competitive.

For many years they have built Yamaha branded with Yamaha outboards from 21' on up over 30'

Check out the latest: マリン製品 | ヤマハ発動機 (yamaha-motor.co.jp)

I did not know that! That boat looks ……. Big. Lots of freeboard there, love the stem mounted anchor. Interesting stern area with the radius‘d looking area if I’m seeing that correctly..

Thanks for the link… that’s quite a line up of boats .. I will need to brush up on my kanji though.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for them to make a line of Dual Console & Center Console pleasure / fishing boats using their line of outboards which are arguably the most technologically advanced and reliable on the market.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wait till you see the models with the outboard fully enclosed. It's pretty amazing. You have to just start clicking, or let chrome translate the page for you.

They may consider this someday if demand grew. But BRP has made some great strides this past week releasing their new line of Rotax outboards that sit down in the water. They will surely make a "splash"

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I hope the 21ft boats stay the same. Bad decision me will want a 22ft and then my wife will have to wreck my dreams with common sense crap about boys going to college, kitchen upgrade, A/C unit is getting old, etc...you know all that adult bullshit.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
wait till you see the models with the outboard fully enclosed. It's pretty amazing. You have to just start clicking, or let chrome translate the page for you.

They may consider this someday if demand grew. But BRP has made some great strides this past week releasing their new line of Rotax outboards that sit down in the water. They will surely make a "splash"
I was on the Japan site for a bit just tapping different links, did not find that cc you just put up though. I will have to look around some more. I do like that cc.. interesting concept.

Ironic that you mention that.. so brp stopped making the E2 two stroke due to “emissions” issues with the Canadian govt, but then two years later they are producing a two stroke outboard again.. hmmmm

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was on the Japan site for a bit just tapping different links, did not find that cc you just put up though. I will have to look around some more. I do like that cc.. interesting concept.

Ironic that you mention that.. so brp stopped making the E2 two stroke due to “emissions” issues with the Canadian govt, but then two years later they are producing a two stroke outboard again.. hmmmm

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This one is fun looking:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This boat is about 360k
Their whole website is really different. They have trailering tips and guides, boating guides, maintenance guides and links to get licensed. They offer boat rentals throughout Japan, like Freedom boat club. They call it Yamaha Marine Club - SeaStyle. Cheapest rate is $33 for 3 hours. That SR330 starts at $780.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Guess I'm trying to understand the practicality of small twin outboard engines? I seldom see twin outboards of less than 150 hp on a boat, and now days, most folks would seem to opt for a single 300 hp engine over twin 150's.

Jim

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope the 21ft boats stay the same. Bad decision me will want a 22ft and then my wife will have to wreck my dreams with common sense crap about boys going to college, kitchen upgrade, A/C unit is getting old, etc...you know all that adult bullshit.
Those sound like excuses, college, ac, kitchen? Who even eats anymore? You don't need a kitchen. You NEED a new boat.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guess I'm trying to understand the practicality of small twin outboard engines? I seldom see twin outboards of less than 150 hp on a boat, and now days, most folks would seem to opt for a single 300 hp engine over twin 150's.

Jim
Dual 150s gets you home on a blown motor. A single 300 has a search party for you.