• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Hour Service Cost

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Read a couple of threads you’re not gonna get all of the oil out of your engine just an FYI don’t jam the suction tube down in the motor there is a screen down there you do not want to puncture.
i think lol

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Read a couple of threads you’re not gonna get all of the oil out of your engine just an FYI don’t jam the suction tube down in the motor there is a screen down there you do not want to puncture.
i think lol
Yeah I remember on my MR1, although that one I would drain all of it through the drain bolt. Need to look around and see if this one has that too. I'd imagine it does.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I assume this is the correct kit for our boats? Yes, I know plugs aren’t required but might as well have them so when needed, they’ll be a quick swap. Didn’t see anything on part number for the plugs in this ad hence the Q. Seems like a decent price too.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 2012 I did 100% all of the work myself. Never had an issue and I wouldn't have expected one when under warranty if I needed it. I use to work for a yamaha dealership in my early 20's and a good dealership will not try to screw you for doing the work yourself. Give them your business buying the supplies instead of saving $20 online and then they'll have your back for a warranty item that they have to fight yamaha corporate over.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So got my oil change kits and I have a hard time when things aren't 100% identical even though everything I can find says this is the right filter. The one on my motors currently ends in 04 instead of 03. Anyone know if there's a difference? 20200515_175116.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can't even find that part number and every link to a filter for that number the part number shows the 03. Is it a special break in filter perhaps?