• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Hour Service Cost

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you use the same grease gun for the pivot points or maybe a marine spray lubricant would be easier for those? Since there is no required measurements of grease on those points.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Do you use the same grease gun for the pivot points or maybe a marine spray lubricant would be easier for those? Since there is no required measurements of grease on those points.
For those that don’t actually accept grease per se I use Yamaha silicone spray and lubricant after each run usually. It’s also available on Amazon.

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok... so it looks like this is where my bearing housing is. Pretty crappy all the way in the back and underneath a cover. Would I need any sort of 90 degree adapter for the grease gun tube connector? It seems like a pretty tight fit when I put my hand underneath.

Thoughts?

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In order to grease the bearing housing, I laid down on my stomach, on top of the motor, and had an 18” flexible hose on my dedicated Marine lube grease gun.
I was not exactly a graceful picture, but I got the job done.

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Geez!!! The $675 for the dealer to do the job is starting to not sound so bad now!

Such a stupid place for Yamaha to put that!!!

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My dealer charged me $330 to come to my house and perform the 10 hour service. Had a $25 off coupon which made it that much more reasonable...

2019 242 Limited S
If you don't mind, which dealer did you find that was willing to come to house and do service in NJ? We are NW NJ and nearest dealer is Highway Marine. They quoted me around 625.00 for this service. (10 hour) I have a lot of automotive experience so I think I'm just gonna study up and do it myself. But it would be nice to have option of home service. Thx.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems very exact..... 1.1 oz bearing grease.
But then it gets vague......says you can do it yourself at 6 months or 100 hours ( big difference) and it does not tell you how much grease to use at that point.

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you don't mind, which dealer did you find that was willing to come to house and do service in NJ? We are NW NJ and nearest dealer is Highway Marine. They quoted me around 625.00 for this service. (10 hour) I have a lot of automotive experience so I think I'm just gonna study up and do it myself. But it would be nice to have option of home service. Thx.
Toms River Yamaha did my service.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is an old thread, but I'll be coming up on my 10 hour service here very shortly. Seems a point of concern is warranty coverage. YES it is true yamaha could deny a claim if you haven't had it serviced at a dealer. HOWEVER, just received all my paperwork from my Y.E.S warranty and here's what it states in regards to who does what as far as maintenance goes and what you should do about it.

You can do 1 of 2 things a.) use the maintenance log provided with the Y.E.S contract and filled out by the dealer b.) keep receipts and other records that show dates, "mileage", elapsed hours of use, costs, services, and repairs performed.

So there ya go, exact verbiage from their documentation that as long as you document your own service, then them denying your claim is likely not going to happen. Which reminds me I need to go ahead and order the kits as I'm sure it'll take a bit of time to get here with the Rona going on.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i paid $828.28 for the 10hr service on my AR240 last week.

pricey - but hoping that, should I ever need to exercise the Y.E.S contract, they don't put up a fight if all work is performed by the dealer

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i paid $828.28 for the 10hr service on my AR240 last week.

pricey - but hoping that, should I ever need to exercise the Y.E.S contract, they don't put up a fight if all work is performed by the dealer
DAD GUM! But hey as long as you're comfortable paying that, then by all means who am I to judge. We're hitting peak season and I'd rather not be without my boat for an extended period of time. Nor would I like it stored outside while it awaited service, or awaiting me to pick it up.

How many people actually pull their spark plugs and check them at 10 hours? That seems excessive for a modern 4 stroke engine.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DAD GUM! But hey as long as you're comfortable paying that, then by all means who am I to judge. We're hitting peak season and I'd rather not be without my boat for an extended period of time. Nor would I like it stored outside while it awaited service, or awaiting me to pick it up.

How many people actually pull their spark plugs and check them at 10 hours? That seems excessive for a modern 4 stroke engine.
lol i don't know if "comfortable" is the right word. When the price was coming out of his mouth, all I heard was "grab your ankles" :oops:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I guess I can’t complain about having to buy an oil extractor for the exorbitant cost of $75...

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the main reasons I went with a Jet Boat is the simplicity of the propulsion system and ease of maintenance. Truly if you have room at your house, doing the 10hr and annual maintenance on the boat is much easier than dragging it to and dealing with the dealer. If I had to use the dealer for maintenace on my boat, I probably would have stuck with a stern drive.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Local dealerships in WI wanted $300 per engine, so $600 for my boat. I negotiated it into the OTD price.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am scheduled for my yearly service (same as 10 hrs - oil/filter/grease/inspection/lubrication of cables and etc.) next Tuesday. My dealer price in Savannah is $266.23 - includes all fees and taxes. Dealer sends the work order with all pricing, prior to service. It is approximately the same price as last year.