• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195s Dual Battery & Sound System Upgrade

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Here are the installed pics
By mounting your amps on the transom wall still allows you to you that port compartment for storage, can't do that the way mine is laid out. May have to rethink it. Could use some more storage space.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
By mounting your amps on the transom wall still allows you to you that port compartment for storage, can't do that the way mine is laid out. May have to rethink it. Could use some more storage space.
. Still lost a little in the back left of the compartment but from the 2nd battery forward plenty of space. Here’s a finished pic with and without the batteries. That XS Power battery is a hoss & might eliminate the need for ballasts - lol

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That second battery is a beast. I noticed that my boat was listing a little to the port side with the 2nd battery and audio equipment, so I put 2 50 lb lead bags in the starboard storage behind the driver to balance it out.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well at least it will help out for surfing ! :)

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Farny Quick question don't you have to have 2 of the same battery? or you don't need the same battery when you intall a blue sea M-ACR I ask because I want to get a xs power battery but the one that came with the boat is not a AGM

And how long can you run your systhem with the boat off ?

Thank you in advance!!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Farny Quick question don't you have to have 2 of the same battery? or you don't need the same battery when you intall a blue sea M-ACR I ask because I want to get a xs power battery but the one that came with the boat is not a AGM

And how long can you run your systhem with the boat off ?

Thank you in advance!!
Hi @Pedrazaj1 , I have 1 XSpower XD 3000 and the stock flooded start battery. The only quirk with this set up is I switch off one of the breakers while charging to avoid combining while on shore charging. I have the NOCO Genius 2 bank battery charger so I can set each bank for charging separately the appropriate battery type. AGM and Flooded.

I have had no problem with the system while not on the charger and just running the boat as normal with the two breakers “on” and the acr combining with the engine running. I have had the engine off running the sound system for a 5hr stretch now with no problem. the ACR disconnects the two batteries when the engine is not running which leaves the start battery full and ready for start up again.

Hope this helps

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi @Pedrazaj1 , I have 1 XSpower XD 3000 and the stock flooded start battery. The only quirk with this set up is I switch off one of the breakers while charging to avoid combining while on shore charging. I have the NOCO Genius 2 bank battery charger so I can set each bank for charging separately the appropriate battery type. AGM and Flooded.

I have had no problem with the system while not on the charger and just running the boat as normal with the two breakers “on” and the acr combining with the engine running. I have had the engine off running the sound system for a 5hr stretch now with no problem. the ACR disconnects the two batteries when the engine is not running which leaves the start battery full and ready for start up again.

Hope this helps
It looks like you're using a 60 amp fuse on each positive cable is that correct and how did you decide the amperage?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like you're using a 60 amp fuse on each positive cable is that correct and how did you decide the amperage?
60a That was what blue seas recommended.

Last edited:

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Hope this helps
Thank you so much @Farny I will order the same xspower 3000 and and the NOCO Genius 2 bank battery charger so I can do the same set up I was just about to order 2 of the same battery thank good I ask you before, 5 hours is more then enough thank you again

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Farny what Gen do you have for the NOCO Genius?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Waiting on same. Tried last year with SeaDek through JBP but the two samples just didn't match (warm interior). Now that they will start carrying Marine Mat, order is in and am on the waiting list. Also decided to cover the table.

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Hope this helps
So I have everything here and ready to install I just have one more question, so the instructions says that ACR will combine both battery while running to charge them. would this mess up either battery? Even though is 2 different type of battery (FLOODED-AGM)?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I have everything here and ready to install I just have one more question, so the instructions says that ACR will combine both battery while running to charge them. would this mess up either battery? Even though is 2 different type of battery (FLOODED-AGM)?
No worries there. I spoke to both XS batteries and blue seas asked them the same question you should be fine. The issue is charging them on a shore charger. Just be sure you have a two bank charger where you can set each bank to the appropriate battery type and your fine. I trip the breaker so the batteries are isolated during shore charging. Post pics when done- would be great to see your work.

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No worries there. I spoke to both XS batteries and blue seas asked them the same question you should be fine. The issue is charging them on a shore charger. Just be sure you have a two bank charger where you can set each bank to the appropriate battery type and your fine. I trip the breaker so the batteries are isolated during shore charging. Post pics when done- would be great to see your work.
Definitely will post some pictures after I'm done I'm just wating on the blue sea switch 6011 I had to buy everything separate because the blue sea systhem is out of stuck everywhere thank u again

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely will post some pictures after I'm done I'm just wating on the blue sea switch 6011 I had to buy everything separate because the blue sea systhem is out of stuck everywhere thank u again
Did you only get the switch? https://www.bluesea.com/products/6011/m-Series_Mini_Dual_Circuit_Plus_Battery_Switch_-_Red

Or did you get the switch and acr?