• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 SX230 Issues

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've considered buying an extra starter just to have a back up. Easy to replace once you figure out how to get to the two bolts on the starter
Well I figured it was something along those lines... marina has it now so the guy even said the starter relays go in these boats...

Now for the port side who knows... *sigh*

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's clicking the "relay"(solenoid) is fine. Sounds like their gonna charge you a bunch of money on something simple. I'd pull the starter and see if it's getting power. I'm sure it's time to replace. I've replaced 3 starters and never the solenoid. If it is your solenoid I'll give you one.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it's clicking the "relay"(solenoid) is fine. Sounds like their gonna charge you a bunch of money on something simple. I'd pull the starter and see if it's getting power. I'm sure it's time to replace. I've replaced 3 starters and never the solenoid. If it is your solenoid I'll give you one.
They are going to diagnose I trust them....and if I want it fixed I tell them...if not I will do it etc...

What worries me is the port side.....

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Damn I could've had a helluva lunch for what this is gonna cost at a marina. Just kidding. :D

Is this the part where we remind you what "boat" actually stands for?

All in good fun. My bet is diag fee and replacement battery. Better to just have it fixed and done, and enjoy the time on the boat you would've otherwise spent fixing it.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn I could've had a helluva lunch for what this is gonna cost at a marina. Just kidding. :D

Is this the part where we remind you what "boat" actually stands for?

All in good fun. My bet is diag fee and replacement battery. Better to just have it fixed and done, and enjoy the time on the boat you would've otherwise spent fixing it.

It will be interesting ya jerk LOL....

I hope I hear something Monday or tues

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
none.... I have honestly been busy as hell at work.. I called them yesterday and they hadnt touched it.....

Granted they did tell me they would have something to me "early this week"... nothing still...

@Stuntmanmike which side ? port or starboard LOL

I plan on calling tomorrow.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'd go buy a new battery, stick it in and see if that did the trick. If not, leave it (the boat) there. If it does, all good for the weekend!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@chess, we want your boat fixed and to know what the problem was!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am on hold as I speak......
That leaves us in fear that our boats might break down for weeks at a time.......

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will know something no later than Friday... awesome....

@captainhook you would think if someone was a jetboat mechanic down here it would be a cash cow !!!

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How much gas is in the boat and where are the keys Mr. World Traveler? :D

I can't find anybody to do anything right around here and even those people want to charge you a fortune. IT would be no surprise to me that boat mechanics would be the same.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much gas is in the boat and where are the keys Mr. World Traveler? :D

I can't find anybody to do anything right around here and even those people want to charge you a fortune. IT would be no surprise to me that boat mechanics would be the same.
Lol lol....keys extra set is here....

Yeah man it's crazy....just annoyed and I told them that.....look I get you're busy but when you say next eeek don't bullshit around on me about it....

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
UPDATE:

Mechanic called.....starter relay is toast in the starboard side...being replaced.

Port side pump being pulled.....I have a feelin @Bruce and @bronze_10 are right.....swelling I'm sure is what happened.....