• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 SX230 Issues

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He may be able to debunk or give you questions to ask the shop that has quoted you.
Agreed... I will give him a hollar tomorrow, and see what he says.. I am curious what he does when this issue arises.... I wish I lived closer to him because thats where it would have gone... No doubt about that !

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf, shipped his pumps to someone who rebuilt them and shipped them back.
Yes sir.... shipped 'em off to the fine folks at Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach. They rebuilt them and shipped them back. Shipping is a little costly but I knew they would be done right and no short cuts taken.

Maybe you should call your local trusted dealer and see if they will take them if you ship them or maybe they have a boat pickup/delivery in your area and can swing by to pick them up.

Ive Uber-ed many parts and luggage from Naples to Miami and Tampa -- so that's an option as well.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes sir.... shipped 'em off to the fine folks at Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach. They rebuilt them and shipped them back. Shipping is a little costly but I knew they would be done right and no short cuts taken.

Maybe you should call your local trusted dealer and see if they will take them if you ship them or maybe they have a boat pickup/delivery in your area and can swing by to pick them up.

Ive Uber-ed many parts and luggage from Naples to Miami and Tampa -- so that's an option as well.

The problem as most know here in the "DMV" There is only one really good dealer and he is way over in ocean city near @OCMD

Obviously it sounds like I should buy the impellers and housing myself then, and have them install it... It just worries me quite a bit now... *sigh*

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@chess, if you have your dealer pull the pumps and send them to Riva then reinstall them you will know you are good to go. Based on you having more money than time I think you should have someone with knowledge look them over and replace what is needed.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've got no problem helping, I think the biggest issue will be our schedules syncing up.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Isn't the only hard part getting the impellers on and off the old shafts? How much are the shafts? Might it be simpler to just have your dealer order new impellers, shafts and housings and just got pick them up. Then all you need to do is insert the new shafts and housing and reconnect the pump - which would be a 30 minute job.....more expensive...but simpler.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Isn't the only hard part getting the impellers on and off the old shafts? How much are the shafts? Might it be simpler to just have your dealer order new impellers, shafts and housings and just got pick them up. Then all you need to do is insert the new shafts and housing and reconnect the pump - which would be a 30 minute job.....more expensive...but simpler.
Never mind...ignore the half awake Julian! LOL Just drop the lot off at a dealer....have them replace the wear ring and you install the pumps when they are done.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian shafts are expensive. They also have to be pressed in to the bearings that are then pressed into the stator housing. The really fun part is that you have to remove the impeller to be able to press the shaft out of the stator housing.

It is likely that the bearings in his stator housing could use replacement. Riva did all this work for @Murf'n'surf on a mail in basis. I think it could be best for @chess to tell his dealer he wants to send his pumps to Riva Racing for upgrades, have the dealer pull, mail and reinstall them.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never mind...ignore the half awake Julian! LOL Just drop the lot off at a dealer....have them replace the wear ring and you install the pumps when they are done.
Thats the million dollar question... Do I take it to a dealer and have them charge me out the nose, or keep it at the place its at ? I dont truly know the answer...

Or do I just order the oem impellers, and pump housing and let them do their thing ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian shafts are expensive. They also have to be pressed in to the bearings that are then pressed into the stator housing. The really fun part is that you have to remove the impeller to be able to press the shaft out of the stator housing.

It is likely that the bearings in his stator housing could use replacement. Riva did all this work for @Murf'n'surf on a mail in basis. I think it could be best for @chess to tell his dealer he wants to send his pumps to Riva Racing for upgrades, have the dealer pull, mail and reinstall them.
Im debating that route, but I think it would take forever, and they may not even want to do that.

I was going to just get the oem impellers on order, along with pump housing, have it shipped to them and let them install it, and be done with it.

Unless everyone thinks thats the wrong idea. Trust me, if I had the time.. I would have no issues at all taking a stab at this...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
or keep it at the place its at
Where is she currently? Can that location pull the pumps?

Once they are out Group K, @ISLANDRACING or Riva (alphabetical order) could rebuild them for you.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where is she currently? Can that location pull the pumps?

Once they are out Group K, @ISLANDRACING or Riva (alphabetical order) could rebuild them for you.

About 20 minute drive from my house.

@ISLANDRACING is actually closer... So all i would be sending would be the pump housing, shaft and impeller ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was going to just get the oem impellers on order, along with pump housing, have it shipped to them and let them install it, and be done with it.
Have you asked about the cost to go ahead and replace the bearings? It cost @Murf'n'surf soemthing like $1500 when his bearings failed destroying a shaft and impeller. I believe the cost to change mine was around $100. $20 of that was labor, we did the rest.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About 20 minute drive from my house.

@ISLANDRACING is actually closer... So all i would be sending would be the pump housing, shaft and impeller ?
They have already pulled the left side pump, they would just have to pull the right now.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you know of a dealer replacing swollen wear rings in a pump housing?
meant to say wear ring/housing (all in one).

Pulling the pump should be quick (but sometimes they do stick). Wish you were closer or I'd help ya out!