• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 SX230 Issues

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'll take pictures for you. Going out for the first time on Sunday.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So i called, they said that the impeller and pump housing is locked up, and both need to be replaced...

Is this accurate statement ?

Also, how much difference is it going to make with the impeller being changed out compared to the right one ?

How much should something like this cost ? I want to make sure I am not getting ripped off ;)

Thanks yall

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@chess, you might be able to have the impeller repaired.

I would change out both impellers and both housings to keep them balanced and due to a belief that if one has failed the other is likely to do so soon.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So i called, they said that the impeller and pump housing is locked up, and both need to be replaced...

Is this accurate statement ?

Also, how much difference is it going to make with the impeller being changed out compared to the right one ?

How much should something like this cost ? I want to make sure I am not getting ripped off ;)

Thanks yall
They should be able to send you pics of the impeller. Surprised they'd say it was unrecoverable....they can usually be reconditioned.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They should be able to send you pics of the impeller. Surprised they'd say it was unrecoverable....they can usually be reconditioned.
Tracking....

I was debating on doing that @Bruce I am not against doing both, but I want to use it for the summer "sigh"

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tracking....

I was debating on doing that @Bruce I am not against doing both, but I want to use it for the summer "sigh"
I would choose and order aftermarket housings and factory impellers and install them myself. You can swap them out in a day.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would choose and order aftermarket housings and factory impellers and install them myself. You can swap them out in a day.
I figured you would say that :) LOL.....

Damnit @Bruce... Problem is I am on travel for the next 3.5 weeks :|

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got a quote update... to do both motors pull and install from sbt impellers and housing its gonna be $1200 which includes labor and material
They plan on using SBT imepeller and pump housing...

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got a quote update... to do both motors pull and install from sbt impellers and housing its gonna be $1200 which includes labor and material
They plan on using SBT imepeller and pump housing...
I talked to SBT about their Adonis impellers today and see two issues. The Adonis impellers only come in one pitch where our factory impellers have a different pitch for each side and the factory impeller prices have dropped to $70 less per side than the SBT parts.

I spoke to Liz at SBT Sales about the impellers. She was trying to figure out if they had differently pitched impellers but the conversation came to an end when I discovered that Yamaha had significantly reduced the prices on factory impellers for our boats.

As for the housings I can not see why the SBT parts are worth twice as much as these http://www.ebay.com/itm/282169259068

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I figured you would say that :) LOL.....

Damnit @Bruce... Problem is I am on travel for the next 3.5 weeks :|
It is just a matter of pulling the two pumps at around 15 minutes each, taking them to a jet ski shop to swap the impellers and housings then 15 minutes per side to reassemble. The labor for swamping the impellers should not be more than a few hundred. Swapping pump housings might take 30 seconds.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is just a matter of pulling the two pumps at around 15 minutes each, taking them to a jet ski shop to swap the impellers and housings then 15 minutes per side to reassemble. The labor for swamping the impellers should not be more than a few hundred. Swapping pump housings might take 30 seconds.
While I dont disagree with you, The problem is I am going to be on travel starting Monday for 3 weeks... I just dont have the time honestly and its very frustrating as you can imagine...

Unless @captainhook wants to help me :D I doubt he does... I cant believe we dont have more people here in Southern Md... Id be willing to throw a few hundred...

I do know the impellers they were going to replace it with were the stock impeller pitch, and the sbt jet pump housing.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do know the impellers they were going to replace it with were the stock impeller pitch, and the sbt jet pump housing.
I talked to SBT today. They do not have impellers in the standard pitch. They have one of the impellers but do not manufacture the other.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I talked to SBT today. They do not have impellers in the standard pitch. They have one of the impellers but do not manufacture the other.
Hmm..... so wtf... LOL

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It would be cheaper to fly you in and get you to help me with it then have them do it :p :D

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a bad idea.... problem is he isnt remotely local at all which sucks :\
He may be able to debunk or give you questions to ask the shop that has quoted you.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf, shipped his pumps to someone who rebuilt them and shipped them back.