• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha 212ss Need help!

That can be normal. I believe there is a video on here that showed as you come off plane, your wake can push water up through the clean out tray drain. Some have installed a check valve here.

You mentioned earlier, you cruised around for 5 minutes. Was that all on plane, or coming off plane and back a few times?

That was all on plane and I had the bilge pump off so I could get a picture of how much water was coming in and it’s a lot, if you are just idling around no water comes in, I don’t know what else to check.

That is the heat shrink that covers the electrical wires and connectors. All the coolant and pisser lines are all good best I can tell

I have the same boat... My drain plug was my culprit. new plug solved my problem. obviously it would only occur when floating for me, but the pressure of the boat sitting in the water made it come in quicker.

Mine is right opposite it only comes in when running at higher rpm’s. I filled the bilge up with a hose here at home and got under the boat and didn’t see any leaks anywhere.

What does this hose go to?

Attachments

• 45EF70E1-3B67-4B28-8CA4-C8A4EAA8A37B.jpeg
    45EF70E1-3B67-4B28-8CA4-C8A4EAA8A37B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
I believe that is the line to feed cooling water to the engine. If that is leaking it will fill you up quick, was that loose/leaking?
1653965575036.png

The clamp wasn’t loose but the hose doesn’t look to be in the best of shape either. It’s just odd cause I ran the boat today with the engine compartment open and got it up on plane and there was no water spraying inside the compartment or anything. I think it’s filling with water from the bottom up.

I'm working right now, so I really only took a cursory look at this thread. It sounds like your Scupper is cracked. Do you have the original plastic Scupper, or has it been replaced and you have a stainless steel one?

Secondarily, it sounds like the clean-out tray has been removed at some point which is why the hose clamps would be loose around the tube. When putting that all back together, at least on my boat, you are supposed to put sealant around the area where the tray goes into the tubes. Over-tightening the hose clamps on that area will also make it very difficult for you to install the clean out plugs, I believe that's why they recommend putting the sealant on there, so that you don't have to wrench down on those clamps

Plastic scupper can be cracked, but won't show up when the boat is at rest, without moving/testing the connection to check for cracks

The rubber flap on the scupper is fine and is in place. I don’t what it could possibly be. Aslo
With theses boats do you need to run the bilge pump all the time? I’m use to bass boats never had a pleasure boat till this one.

Is it a plastic scupper valve? If so, the fitting itself may be cracked, and it can be hidden quite well. Someone here had the plastic scupper fall apart in their hands as they were removing it, and prior to that, it looked perfectly fine.

At the very least, remove the hose and wiggle that scupper, looking for any splits

Yes mine still has the original plastic scupper! I haven’t really messed with it over than just check the flap that’s in it on the outside of the boat. I will check it out later and see! Thanks!

That hose is what holds the impeller shaft and connects to intermediate shaft bearing. About a month ago I read on here that someone solved their leak by removing the prop/shaft and then applying silicone/sealant to that hose. I don’t recall who posted it, or the thread, but will see if I can find it.

Do you have a GoPro or some other camera you can mount back there, drive around, and then review the footage?

okay, I don’t have a go pro or anything. I’m going to try and replace the scupper and see if that may be the problem, everything else is tight and everything.

Your impeller shaft is inside that tube. I believe that would be a high pressure area when engines are running. Pressurized back to the intermediate bearing if I’m not mistaken.

I hope that’s not the problem, because the water only comes in when you are running the boat on plane. Would you be able to see it coming into the engine compartment if it was that?

Back