• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 LS SeaDek installation

CharlestonJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the kit yesterday, and installed it today. Found that the Yamaha screw-monkey must've been drunk when installing the snaps, as they were off all over the place. Will (JBP) helped me in a pinch over the phone, when I couldn't figure out how to pop the chairs off (rotate ~45 degrees from facing the bow, then wiggle loose/off). The factory chocolate color gets pretty hot; maybe I should've gone with something lighter. I had a spare front piece, which I put on the transom. Overall, I'm very, very happy with the product.

I might take a few better pics later:

Attachments

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks awesome! You should update your boat information, says you have an 05 23 SX, but I see a 24' boat in these amazing pictures ;-).

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @CharlestonJet ..............
KILLER project, and the photos clearly show what a great result you obtained.
NICE< Son ! And a BIG WELCOME here ! :Welcome: Hope you enjoy "the Ride" with all of us !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

bmb5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice job, that really looks good.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The factory chocolate color gets pretty hot; maybe I should've gone with something lighter.:
Wow....I thought that material was supposed to stay cool. Would you say it get too hot to stand on in direct sunlight? I was thinking about this for my boat, but now you have me a little worried. We do all of our boating in Florida during the summer...the carpet can be a pain but it does stay reasonably cool. Does look beautiful though!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow....I thought that material was supposed to stay cool. Would you say it get too hot to stand on in direct sunlight? I was thinking about this for my boat, but now you have me a little worried. We do all of our boating in Florida during the summer...the carpet can be a pain but it does stay reasonably cool. Does look beautiful though!
It can get a little hot but nothing that Florida feet can't handle. I would suggest a fresh water wash down system to cool off the deck if needed. Sea-Dek is definitely worth the investment.

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It can get a little hot but nothing that Florida feet can't handle. I would suggest a fresh water wash down system to cool off the deck if needed. Sea-Dek is definitely worth the investment.
Murf,
Your comment about a fresh water wash down got me thinking. I wonder how hard it would be to install the same water washout as installed on the new center console Yamaha FSH. It wouldn't be clean water but it would be higher pressure and you could easily locate it on the port side opposite the fresh water shower.

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why the hell this boat didn't come from the factory with seadeck installed thru out?? That looks soooo good. I just bought the walk thru seadeck, and now I'm envious of your boat. Great job!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's not that hard at all...just drill out the port on the jet and run the hose up to the deck. You'll also need to install a valve, either manual or electric (with toggle switch). As I understand it, the jet wash is very low volume and pressure. For the trouble of install I would just get a Rule portable pump that hooks to your battery or plug if you convert the wire ends and gets tossed overboard when needed. This style pump is fairly high pressure and volume. The next step up is to install a water bladder and pump.

CharlestonJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a damned good question. It certainly should've. Thank you, it's an easy enough upgrade :)

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think you went with the right color even if slightly hotter. I cant wait to do this to mine this winter. did you fill in the holes from the carpet snaps or just go right over top of them? Looks amazing it adds some luxury feel to it.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the kit yesterday, and installed it today. Found that the Yamaha screw-monkey must've been drunk when installing the snaps, as they were off all over the place. Will (JBP) helped me in a pinch over the phone, when I couldn't figure out how to pop the chairs off (rotate ~45 degrees from facing the bow, then wiggle loose/off). The factory chocolate color gets pretty hot; maybe I should've gone with something lighter. I had a spare front piece, which I put on the transom. Overall, I'm very, very happy with the product.

I might take a few better pics later:
@Charlstonjet, care if I ask where you purchased the product and how much? Thinking of getting rid of this stinky carpet. Thanks.

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
im about to do this on my 2016 242 LTD S E-series. same color scheme too. i like the chocolate. how is it holding up? any updates would sure help sway my decision. Thanks in advance

Randy Fenton

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any tips on removing the factory swim deck mat? The boat shop I go to quoted me about 8 hours to remove it at $125 per hr. Lol. Looks like a project.

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any tips on removing the factory swim deck mat? The boat shop I go to quoted me about 8 hours to remove it at $125 per hr. Lol. Looks like a project.
what color seadek are you putting in your boat randy? i have heard that the deck mat can be a real pain to get off.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
TOB4.jpg
It's a job!!! I would almost say pay the $$$ but I'm a gluten for punishment and like to things myself. I just recently removed all of mine and put down SeaDek. GooOff /Goo Gone worked the best for me... and a lot of it!