• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015+ AR240 Wakeboard / Surfboard Tower Rack (A Beautiful Pair)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was trying to get my hands on the same racks last season. After running into the same tube diameter issue and contacting Monster and being told I was more or less out of luck... I was going to go the same route as @WilCo.

Then, just out of coincidence, I decided to check my local classifieds. Low and behold, some guy in southern Utah had a pair that look identical to the OEM ones AND actually had the correct size clamp... the previous owner of his boat thru them in but they didn't fit his boat, they were basically new. I didn't hesitate to snatched them up... I'm nearly certain they're the XTP ones... they're awesome!

View attachment 73299

I previously had these from Yamaha
https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/removable-deluxe-swivel-wakeboard-rack?b=Search&ls=yamaha-motor-company&dealernumber=
But they wouldn't fit my surf boards.
Winner!
To make this more confusing, the industry/XTP uses internal diameter of the tower leg, I think.

--

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since the new contact at XTP says they can't sell direct to consumer, he referred me to Monster (funny - exact opposite of guidance previously given where Monster referred to XTP!). Anyway - found a fair price on a Monster wake/surf rack combo with swivel for 1 7/8" clamp so have ordered that. Hope it will hold up - should know in next 2 weeks.
Please share, still shopping racks.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@WilCo What rack did you end up getting from monster? I'm wondering if I can use the ones @swatski has with rubber inserts. Monsters site says only for 2.5 towers and the tubes on 2015 AR240 are 1-7/8 and 2-3/8

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered part SWR-SWI-1 7/8, Wakeboard/Surfboard Combo-with Swivel Adaptor 1 7/8".
I put my kneeboard in it and it holds it snug, but also started tearing the neoprene pad. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make so far. Have not had both kneeboard and wakeboard in the rack while underway, but initial look is this is much more sturdy so I'm not expecting problems.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who cares where the Zup is stored. I have no racks! What about the ZUP board? Does it perform like it is supposed to? Easy? Fun? Worth it?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My wife actually seems to prefer it to skis. Easier on the knees she says. (Doesn’t have to strain to keep both legs going the same direction). My 11 yr old likes it too. Though she hasn’t tried to stand yet. Feeling like she’ll get there this season though. So, my crew gives it a thumbs up. I actually tried it last year and got up on my knees with it. And I’m 300+ lbs.

I found it to be a little bouncy. But I think my driver was having a tough time getting the speed right with me. Whole ride was too fast or too slow. (Pre Yamaha and pre perfect pass lol)

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have a problem with the rubber inserts always falling out of groove? Mine never stay together - each outting have to first try to push them back in before inserting boards. A real pain.

I have been looking for a perfect rack for awhile. A pair to be exact, w/a swivel. Last couple of boat shows I monkeyed around a few towers and the absolute best I could find for the 240 tower is the XTP rack. It is solid all around. XTP is also the OEM tower/rack manufacturer for the new Yammies, although the factory uses a different model.
View attachment 52903
This rack has everything I need and also the simplest design with a central pivot and a pin. It is extremely well made, albeit pretty pricey at $400 a piece.

An almost identical rack is available from Monster Tower (and it is almost $100 less) but they do not sell the OEM version which is the exact fit. So, unfortunately only XTP carries the exact size for the 240 tower leg (a hair less than 2" OD) which they call 1.5" (as they go by the internal diameter).

I ordered directly from XTP calling John Wiser:
www.xtremetowers.com
P: 865-981-9898 X-229
View attachment 52904

If anyone is interested in Monster, a contact there is Cody Mitchel (who directed me to XTP's John)
cody@monstertower.com
877-778-6937

So here it came today, a beautiful pair:
View attachment 52906

The quality is outstanding. I have had various swivel racks in the past, have a feeling this is going to be the favorite!
View attachment 52907View attachment 52908

EDIT: And, it does fit a 2017 Hyperlite 59" QUAD Wakesurf BWF, with room to spare.
View attachment 52910

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have a problem with the rubber inserts always falling out of groove? Mine never stay together - each outting have to first try to push them back in before inserting boards. A real pain.
I have to tuck mine back in from time to time. I was thinking a small bit of silicone down in the channel would solve this fairly easily.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to tuck mine back in from time to time. I was thinking a small bit of silicone down in the channel would solve this fairly easily.
Yep, should have mentioned that.
I used small amount of outdoor adhesive glue to solve that problem. It was very annoying, now that you reminded me!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can’t tell. My invoice is posted in post #1, it says 1.5” and it is the exact fit for the rear leg of my tower.
When I was shopping I could find less expensive alternatives but not in the exact size I needed, and only one source had the exact fit - that they would guarantee, if I remember correctly. I would call the XTP or monster tower guys and try to talk to them, some of them are friendly.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even on Monsters site is tough to figure it out! I will give them a call.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Attachments

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the newer forward swept tower so I don't think they are the same size :( But yes, I wanted to buy @ overtons because of the discount!

That's the one I installed on our 242 last year. And don't forget the coupons out there. 25 and 40% off coupons will work on those. I ordered mine through Overtons with coupon and could not be happier. Solid as a rock!

Good luck!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @swatski those r beautiful racks,. My Yammy came with these Monster ones, but just like @WilCo said they been damaging my boards. They look great but I can’t fit our kneeboards at all in them, and all my other boards r really tight. Maybe I’ll sell them and get the ones u got, I’ll check on the size of the gap on urs. Anyways, those r really nice brother.👍🏽🤙🏽

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the newer forward swept tower so I don't think they are the same size :( But yes, I wanted to buy @ overtons because of the discount!

That makes sense. From what I remember, my tower measured smaller than 2.5" specification from the product. But with the rubber sleeve fit perfectly with no slide. I was actually happy with that, as I didn't want to mount it metal on metal. 1. for the lack of marring 2. for the lack of sliding.

Put a caliper on your tower and get an exact measurement. If you are 2.5 or slightly less, it will work. You can use a sleave from a tower speaker clamp, or one wrap from a used innertube. Once cranked down, they will not move. Best advice, get some hex-bit sockets which will allow you to really put the torque to it.

Good luck. It's too good of a price after discount not to try.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @swatski those r beautiful racks,. My Yammy came with these Monster ones, but just like @WilCo said they been damaging my boards. They look great but I can’t fit our kneeboards at all in them, and all my other boards r really tight. Maybe I’ll sell them and get the ones u got, I’ll check on the size of the gap on urs. Anyways, those r really nice brother.👍🏽🤙🏽
I was contemplating the ones you have verses these.

I have a 19 AR190, back tower rail measure at 1.95 inch, is that same as your boat or @swatski

These say 2.5 inch, not sure that the inserts are available to change it to 2 inch,

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was contemplating the ones you have verses these.
View attachment 94313

I have a 19 AR190, back tower rail measure at 1.95 inch, is that same as your boat or @swatski

These say 2.5 inch, not sure that the inserts are available to change it to 2 inch,
Did you end up getting this rack, does it fit?

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did not. I went the monster combo racks with 1-7/8 adaptor and haven’t had any issues.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Can you post a picture.