• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha Jet Boat Pictures

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not going to happen. The new models hit with TDE, a resonator, lower freeboard, and more...the 230's held value and more.
From your fingertips to God's eyes. . .

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who's going to be the first to bend/break the new rudder when they reverse park to the shore??

Overall, I'm liking the new graphics, as for the upgrades, all very welcoming but a little disappointed us mere mortals who own/buy the 21 and 19's don't get any juicy extras. As for the engine power (Scarab Vs Yam), I think these 1.8ltr are at their limit now, yes put the SHO motors in and fuel consumption becomes a big issue. I'd imagine this is why Yamaha cannot go any bigger, I my be wrong, just my thoughts.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On an another note, with all this hype regarding the new 2015 models, in Yamaha's own video's they go on to point, a first for the jet boat industry and Yamaha's own patent design this and that. But its solely directed to current Yamaha owners, not once do they mention the clean out ports.
Boat owners coming over to jet boat ownership will compare Yamaha to chaparral, scarab etc but will not know about the ease and necessity of having clean out ports. Yes, its not an absolute necessity, thats only my opinion, but new owners should be aware of Yamaha's best feature.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love the rear storage behind the swim deck back rests, love the new beverage area, The touch screen is cool but I do not think it is practical yet. I could do without the rudder but for I/O people I could see it coming into use. Sound suppression......we will see. Overall I would buy a new Ar240 if I didn't have my boat decked out the way I like it. Maybe in a couple of years the will put out a dedicated Yamaha version of the wake sports boat. Like a 212x on crack setup for wake surfing. Hardplumbed ballast tanks and you know whos system that makes it better to surf behind!! I would buy that one.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I see they have a shower in the back too. I think they see everyone's upgrades they do to their boats and just incorporated them. I wonder how Thrust vector and cobra steering sales will be after they incorporate this into every boat in the next year or so.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I see they have a shower in the back too. I think they see everyone's upgrades they do to their boats and just incorporated them. I wonder how Thrust vector and cobra steering sales will be after they incorporate this into every boat in the next year or so.

They had showers in the older boats as well.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do like a lot of new features on the 2015 but I have to say that I have had no problem with low speed steering. Yes, I do have Cobra fins but to be honest I still have to do some small corrections at slow speeds. Maybe it's because I also own a Waverunner and got used to the steering on that before I purchased my boat. Not saying the new rudder wouldn't help, and I'm sure it does, but that wouldn't have been a reason for me to go out and get one. Now, better sound deadening and some the added extras like the drink station and the storage behind the swim deck seats...very cool! It's a beautiful boat for sure but I think I still have a lot of hours left on my 2008. Besides, I just got her the way I want her...modded out and ready for fun!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wouldn't assume that Yamaha will incorporate any or all of the features that are currently exclusive to their 240 line to all of it's other boats, especially anytime soon. They seem to be operating on a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. Plus they have to keep some of the features exclusive to the 242s (their flagships) to distinguish them from not just the 240s but the rest of the models.

Consider this, the 242s came out in 2010 but none of the other boats come with fresh water systems. The 192s came out a few years ago but none of the other boats come with super charged engines. Their pwcs had multi function gauges for at least 5 years before they started putting them in the boats. They never even attempted to port the adjustable trim from their pwcs to their boats.

I don't think they changed the clean out plug design so maybe that means yamaha doesn't think their is anything wrong with them (I.e., the problems lie in the users or more accurately the mis-users).

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On a related note I'd bet yamaha won't offer any of the new features as upgrades for their older boats. The rudder is mated to a new keel, the towers to a new hull and their connext (sp?) system (display and sensors) and additional swim deck storage have to be integrated into the boat when it is built.

That new captains seat looks like the shit though, a bolster that uses the more cushioned side, moveable arm rests and it reclines. If / when that becomes available it will be one my wish list / next years off season upgrades but if it costs more than my wife is willing to pay I may just buy it myself, especially if its height adjustable, definitely if its spring loaded.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Only thing I'd like to see on the 2014 that I just bought is the swim deck storage spaces.

Where do you all store your tubes etc currently?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only thing I'd like to see on the 2014 that I just bought is the swim deck storage spaces.

Where do you all store your tubes etc currently?
In our 2007 there is more than enough storage area for tubes and everything else we could possibly need. The nice thing with the swim deck storage is that it is easy to get to. On our 2007 if we need to get out the tube more than likely someone will need to stand up and get out of the way for us to get it out from under one of the seats. And the 12v plug on the back would be a great option. On our boat we only have one next to the steering wheel, which makes it tough to blow up a large tube in a crowded boat. I have found it easier to just blow up the tube at home before we leave.

You are going to LOVE your 2014!

Last edited:

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can easily add a 12V on the swim platform at any time, which I will probably do this winter!

I got a great deal on it, pick her up this Saturday....its been a LONG week let me tell ya!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can easily add a 12V on the swim platform at any time, which I will probably do this winter!

I got a great deal on it, pick her up this Saturday....its been a LONG week let me tell ya!

It's going to be a longer winter! Just when you start to figure everything out you will need to put her to sleep for a while. Luckily for you, your winter isn't too long...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have spent so much time upgrading my boat this year that I want to enjoy her for several years before starting that process again. Comparing to a 2014 model I did not see any advantage to upgrading to a 242 over my upgraded 230. The 2015s give me something to look forward to upgrading to in a few years.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's going to be a longer winter! Just when you start to figure everything out you will need to put her to sleep for a while. Luckily for you, your winter isn't too long...
Yeah, figure we can go till about mid OCT and get her back out around April for some cruising(maybe some wetsuit watersports)

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In our 2007 there is more than enough storage area for tubes and everything else we could possibly need. The nice thing with the swim deck storage is that it is easy to get to. On our 2007 if we need to get out the tube more than likely someone will need to stand up and get out of the way for us to get it out from under one of the seats. And the 12v plug on the back would be a great option. On our boat we only have one next to the steering wheel, which makes it tough to blow up a large tube in a crowded boat. I have found it easier to just blow up the tube at home before we leave.
I agree that the 2010-2014 240/242 models have more than adequate storage capacity, but the real benefit of the storage on the swim deck is not dragging all of the water into the cockpit. Regarding blowing the tube up, I uses a Coleman rechargeable pump, so I can blow up the tube on the swim platform and I also don't have to worry about draining the battery or have a fuse/breaker issue. The same device also deflates the tube and works great provided you don't use it more than a 3-4 time between charges. Many others will hardwire a pump to the battery directly and run leads long enough to get to the swimdeck. A good option, but you are still fumbling with the seats, having people move, etc. IMO, dealing with the tubes is a PITA anyway you slice it, but if that's what the kids want to do it is part of the deal.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the new swim deck storage as well but don't think they would carry a lot of anything and don't look large enough to carry a three or four person tube like a sports stuff big Mabel or ho atomic 4. I store all of my tubes in the floor locker since it is large and has a drain. Also because it can easily be made it lockable with an aftermarket latch for $30 to $50. The locking latch is more of a visual deterrent than a physical one but just about everything I put in that locker is valuable and easily stolen, so the lock helps prevent crimes/thefts of opportunity. As I think about it a little more it would be easier to take / steal things out of out of the new swim deck compartments than it would be any of the boats other compartments because the perp doesn't have to get in the boat to access the swim deck compartments.

Food for thought, Tubes cost $100+, some are in the $400 range, the same is true of wakeboards, box anchors, shore spikes, fenders and such. To this date after 25+ years of being on the water the cheapest thing on my boat is still my labor.

I found it easy to add another 12v port to the rear of the boat. My 242 had a (useless IMHO) vent over the original battery location that an aftermarket 12v port fit perfectly in so no drilling was required and the wiring to the battery or switch was short and easy to install.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the hinged seats. Throttles look like a let down. Wonder if we could hack into the screen for it to be NMEA combatable.

MDBodnar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the 15, if money were no object I would upgrade from my 12. So far the only concerns I have is the size of the opening for the anchor, I hope my box anchor will fit (tried Yamaha's anchor and a similar heavier anchor and neither worked well, the box anchor works easily every time). My second question is the size of the bimini top on the Limited S, it looks smaller, but likely similar in size.

Would love a quieter boat, and although I have learned to drive (with no fins), the tracking of the new keel and rudder are very appealing.

Our 12 is in perfect condition, and we plan to keep it for a very long time, but if I could justify the trade-in hit...

Good Job Yamaha