• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To preserve my marriage and my savings account of decided to try and avoid seeing what the new boats look like this year. I just have to keep telling myself that I don't want or need to upgrade my current boat until I believe it. It's tough but looking at the Msrp on the new boat makes it a lot easier.

There has been some speculation on new features / models but no leaked/spy pics. The only changes I'd be willing to bet on occurring are to the prices, they are going up. Think about this. In 2010 the Msrp on a 242 ls was $49k, last year it was $63k, what's next?

A drone wouldn't do the job in my opinion as you'd have to risk the drone to get the shot and you'd have to fly in close to get detailed shots. Send someone with a dslr and a telephoto lense instead.

I have Cameras and telephoto lenses..... and, I'm already packed to go to the airport..... hint, hint :winkingthumbsup"

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will be quite knowledgable about the boats before Sunday morning.
I figured this. I'm just guessing he has plenty of video and photos from his trip. Looking forward to the selfie of him behind the wheel of the the FSH24 and the 242 limited that has twin supercharged engines.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wonder ........... Wonder ............. Wonder ............
WHO is gonna be FIRST for a 2016 ?
I hear tell someone may already have an order in !
Time will tell !
Dum Da Dum Dum ..........
LOL !

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Between the 2014 JGC, 2014 AR240HO, and 2015 Expedition EL, I'll be sitting this one out. . . . . .Unless of course there is a 24' Wake Edition that has surfable wake out of the box. o_O

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I am going to be out of town all weekend with no Internet access. I think Julian should just fill me in now so I know on Saturday night.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Between the 2014 JGC, 2014 AR240HO, and 2015 Expedition EL, I'll be sitting this one out. . . . . .Unless of course there is a 24' Wake Edition that has surfable wake out of the box. o_O
WOW! If I had your type of coin Id be burning mine to make smores for the kids! :D

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW! If I had your type of coin Id be burning mine to make smores for the kids! :D
How do you think I started the fire in this picture?20150702_193433.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If a 24ft wake surf specific boat with a surf wave like I am getting now is coming out without me having to add more ballast, then I would seriously have to consider it. I would have to do some major butt kissing to the wife but my one major down fall in my boat right now is the ballast bags. Filling takes forever and they are everywhere. I love my boat and it does VERY good surfing but to have the ability to fill like the inboard boats would be my icing on the cake.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If a 24ft wake surf specific boat with a surf wave like I am getting now is coming out without me having to add more ballast, then I would seriously have to consider it. I would have to do some major butt kissing to the wife but my one major down fall in my boat right now is the ballast bags. Filling takes forever and they are everywhere. I love my boat and it does VERY good surfing but to have the ability to fill like the inboard boats would be my icing on the cake.
Good, if you upgrade. . . .you can send me your wake wedge so I don't have to. . . . ; )

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I wouldn't take the saltwater location as a hint..... we have already been to Amelia Island for 2012 boats, Puerto Rico for 2013, Cancun for 2014, and Miami for 2015, they really do just pick nice places for us dealers to have fun in!! Saturday night is the big reveal!! I will not be there this year but my uncle will be... so I will learn by picture texts... not as cool as being there!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good, if you upgrade. . . .you can send me your wake wedge so I don't have to. . . . ; )
LOL,

I have yours sitting on the shelf right now! :p

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There's a really great reason why Yamaha wanted to release their new boats in the salty waters of the Bahamas and instead moved to the salty waters of Amelia Island when their original resort was not ready for them.
I would be interested to see if Yamaha does something to make their boats more salt water resilient. While others said the salty locations make sense for the introduction of the 24 FSH, I think everyone would agree that these boats still really aren't able to handle the abuse of the salt water. When I bought my used 2006 AR210 from the jersey shore with only 20 hours on it, the nozzles and pumps were incredibly pitted from salt water use. This was from a boat that was primarily dry stacked when not in use. To increase their market share across the line as well as making a center console truly appealing, I think the salt water issue needs to be addressed.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be interested to see if Yamaha does something to make their boats more salt water resilient. While others said the salty locations make sense for the introduction of the 24 FSH, I think everyone would agree that these boats still really aren't able to handle the abuse of the salt water. When I bought my used 2006 AR210 from the jersey shore with only 20 hours on it, the nozzles and pumps were incredibly pitted from salt water use. This was from a boat that was primarily dry stacked when not in use. To increase their market share across the line as well as making a center console truly appealing, I think the salt water issue needs to be addressed.
Interesting, our boat is in salt water a few weeks every year without any problem. Many members boat exclusively in salt water without any problems. I suspect that your boat had a harder life before you bought her than the previous owner admitted to.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Read up on anodes. There are different types and some are good for salt water, some don't do much. It would be good to find out what kind u have and change out accordingly.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting, our boat is in salt water a few weeks every year without any problem. Many members boat exclusively in salt water without any problems. I suspect that your boat had a harder life before you bought her than the previous owner admitted to.
Honestly the boat ran like a champ for the years I had her. It never really had an issue and I don't think the pitting really caused anything other than cosmetic blemishes. I certainly don't think it was washed down with salt away or anything after use and may have been kept in the water for extended periods of time. And yes the anodes might have been partly to blame, but if I remember correctly Yamaha doesn't ship boats with Zinc anodes, rather I believe the use aluminium or magnesium. That being said, I have seen numerous post from folks her saying that Yamaha's (and most jet boats for that matter) really shouldn't be docked in salt water for seasons at a time. I don't think I/O's have the same concerns but of course they still will need a coat of bottom paint and the outdrives need to be painted and properly 'anoded'. But I digress...

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think I/O's have the same concerns but of course they still will need a coat of bottom paint.
If you leave a boat in the water all the time things are going to grow on it. If you leave it in salt water the growth is worse. I/Os need frequent cleaning and will eventually need a new lower unit. Outboards have become popular in salt water since they can be trimmed out of the water when in a slip.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Funny thing is we will be in Amelia Island on Saturday for a family event.